New Famitsu Screenshot and info (July 18)

Brute

Standard Donor
(unrelated?) but i always believed that to escape a combo hold you had to press the correct direction + grab (thats what ive always done since doa2) to escape. but recently ive just been pressing grab to escape combo holds and its worked =/ has that always been the case? seems a bit harsh on the attackers.
I always felt that the defender should have to break with the same input as the attacker. Sadly, that has never been the case.

On Mila: She has the worst animations, most boring fighting look and eye-rolling throw set-ups in the game. If they're totally revamping her with some new animations and tactics I'm all for it.

Davey2100

I always felt that the defender should have to break with the same input as the attacker. Sadly, that has never been the case.

On Mila: She has the worst animations, most boring fighting look and eye-rolling throw set-ups in the game. If they're totally revamping her with some new animations and tactics I'm all for it.

thats how i always thought it was... i've never been a 'competitor' but whenever in a combo grab i always pressed the correct direction to escape. wow that seems pretty against the grabber.

regarding mila: to be honest i see momiji being the same, to me she looks very stiff and boring. both seem very beta.

synce

Man all this Mila hate... lol You people will be sad to know almost everyone is getting those kinds of nerfs, not just characters you hate.

I think it has to do with 5U being F2P. When Tekken went F2P they nerfed a lot of things to make things more easily accessible.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Just curious where'd you get that number? Also how can you be sure it's a glitch, not a Mila quirk?

And it's good to get more confirmation she plays different now, that's the only reasonable explanation for the nerfs. I know they gave Mila a bunch of new techniques in 5U, but now sure how good they are yet.

Just my theory. As for the number I stated I was incorrect as it was -11.

You can just turn on fight settings and have the AI break the throw and you'll see her go to -11.

Game Over

Fighting games being tailored more for the casual player than the competitive player?

the-office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Man all this Mila hate... lol You people will be sad to know almost everyone is getting those kinds of nerfs, not just characters you hate.

I think it has to do with 5U being F2P. When Tekken went F2P they nerfed a lot of things to make things more easily accessible.

Tekken Revolution is an entirely different fighting engine and different game.

also, that doesn't really justify characters just losing integral parts of their meta-game, unless they are intended to be played differently and based on a whole new game plan. For some characters, this may work if they get new stuff that work well, but other characters just can't do that. I'm not gonna bring Bass or Mila as an example here. It's just that generally, on every system you're going to find characters that will be hit really hard if a major gameplay mechanic is changed or removed.

Let's be logical here, if the only character that is meant to have frame advantage from a chain OH break is meant to be Bayman, then why would anyone play him when you have a character that has faster mix-ups and gets more advantage after the same chain OH breaks and even has built-in mix-up after the break? That just makes Bayman the 'Oh yeah, the guy with all those OHs'. But make him unique and you'll have more people gravitating towards him.

Game Over

you must be new to DOA welcome

Fighting games across the board have been taking competitive nerfs ever since SF4 ... including VF5, T6, MVC3. That list "would" include the SC series as well, however, it gets a bit of a pass due to the more complicated picture of trying to not be broken.

Clearly, I was making a joke.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
LOL@A lot of the post in this thread. This discussion is just to silly for me to even add my throughts.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD