• Yes, he will look unique!

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No, don't change him!

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No, I don't want Gen Fu!

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

KwonJigglypuff

Bear stance is genius and gives Eliot a new dynamic. Eliot has never felt so cool! However, if Gen Fu was to come back, I would like him to have more acrobatic wushu-likes moves.

Eliot would focus on his Iron Fist + his new closed-range Bear Stance, while Gen Fu would be the Yoda of DOA with some new gymnastic additions. That'd certainly make him more popular/less boring for certain people without revamping his moveset completely.

Most of his new moves would have P+K and H+K as imputs.

46K+H
wushu_jumps_lotus_kick_standing_lotuskick_tutorial.gif

(acrobatic tool at close-range)
(while running) P+K
wushu_traditional_ditangquan_front_flip_landing_on_the_stomach.gif

(works as a ground attack)
(on the ground) K+H
wushu_traditional_ditangquan_spin_up.gif

(works as a "force tech" after the move above)
9P+K
wushu_jumps_aerial_twist_tutorial.gif

(escape option)
9P+K.K
wushu_jumps_butterfly_twist_how_to_learn_XZZT.gif
(feint escape option)
(while running) K+H or follow-up to his current K+H
wushu_jumps_flying_frontkick_instruction_TKFJ.gif

(could have a bound)
236K+H
wushu_jumps_whirlwind_kick_tornado_720_XFJ.gif

(big stun and fly above the opponent)
(follow-up to 8P) K.K
wushu_kicks_side_stretchkick.gif

(automatic walking animation > mid-kick)
(follow-up to 8P) K+H.K+H
wushu_kicks_sidekick.gif

(automatic walking animation > high-kick)

:genfu:

Intro animation
wushu_longfist_smash_punch_instruction.gif

"Suck maaaah... DICK!"
Victory pose
wushu_kicks_front_sweep.gif

"Same old song and dance, yeah" (Aerosmith song)
New taunt
wushu_stances.gif

"Ho! Ha! Hee! Heh! Hm"

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

DOA6U Story DLC, Gen Fu breaks out of the retirement home.

But yessss I'd pick him up again

I don't know, they could come up with a stupid story like "Gen Fu loosing the strenght of his hand (like Dumbledore) and feeling the need to experiment new fighting technics". I kinda like the moral of it : just because you're old, does not mean you cannot evolve.

And DOA could really use the "the weak and old master who gets stronger with age" trope again.

XxNoriakixX

My idea: Remove Eliot's bear stance, bring back pre-nerf Gen Fu, or at least give him new stuff to compensate for his now unsafe moves

KwonJigglypuff

My idea: Remove Eliot's bear stance, bring back pre-nerf Gen Fu, or at least give him new stuff to compensate for his now unsafe moves

I just love Eliot's new stance. It makes sense story-wise and he is way more interesting now (always found him a bit boring and straightforward).
So removing it is a bad idea, and will never happen honestly.

I loved Gen Fu the way he was, he felt very unique, but I'm trying to make him more appealing to new players. When was the last time Gen Fu got new moves, really ?

Marketing him as the "old flashy troll character" for DLC would really work. Bringing him the way he already was is just... "meh", even for most DOA fans.

P2p1mbs

Seems like a waste of time to bring back an old character only to give him a completely new move list; may as well make it a new character with those moves instead.

KwonJigglypuff

Seems like a waste of time to bring back an old character only to give him a completely new move list; may as well make it a new character with those moves instead.

How do 9 new moves means "giving him a completely new move list".
These are just 9 moves he could have received since DOA2 tbh.

But I see your point. A Shaoling fighter could have this individuality.

KwonJigglypuff

You actually think TN would go through all that trouble changing genfu's style when they barely changed any of the returning characters already in the game? If anything he'll get the bankotsubo treatment and they be replaced by an old female character called Nyogenfu.

Of course I don't have my hopes so high.
But you know, just trying to help them making him more flashy, in the veins of DOA6.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Thanks for tagging me @KwonJigglypuff . Regarding controversy between Ip men and Japan...one of the things that will never happen in a Japanese fighting game title is the addition of Wing Chun (due to the Nanking Massacre). I just wanted to clarify that in detail just in case Kwon didn't mention that yet.

KwonJigglypuff

Thanks for tagging me @KwonJigglypuff . Regarding controversy between Ip men and Japan...one of the things that will never happen in a Japanese fighting game title is the addition of Wing Chun (due to the Nanking Massacre). I just wanted to clarify that in detail just in case Kwon didn't mention that yet.

Oh god, my mistake. Why did I confuse Wushu and Wing Chun.
I'm such an idiot.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD