New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You don't remember Storm!?

Well he did sort of just disappear off the face of the planet...

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Last I saw Storm he accidentally took my PS2 controllers he asked me about the night before, then said the Post Office lost them in the mail but he could go down and get them to resend it if he had a ride.

Anyways, that was a long time ago, lots of things have changed.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Yea, well I don't think we really said anything to each other either in the several years we've been in proximity until you made fun of me with Bison -_-

Didn't we exchange a word or two at the CGS Combine #2? But then again, my mind was somewhere else at the time so I could be wrong. :p
Also, I didn't make fun of you, I completely agreed and loved how bold your post was and how it explained EXACTLY the way that I felt....that no one could express my words of gratitude, other then the greatest Bison. :p

THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hmm.... possibly....? Most of the second combine is fuzzy for me. I do remember you being there, although mostly I remember screaming at Master during our challenge match and then later being followed around by Jakob everywhere I went.

Oh, and then getting drunk and being made fun of by Eddy Pistons after I blasted Dave Geffon for his choice in draftees.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
3 is a great game.

3.1 is probably the best fighting game I've ever played before.

2HC is very.... very odd. Nostalgic more then anything lol. It had such huge levels though...

Baron West

Originally I wasn't fond of DOA3 because Bayman and Leon's moves got switched around...and I lost alot as a result. After I got used to the changes I thought it was a lot of fun. I like it a lot more than DOA4, though Brad Wong is much, much better in DOA4. Still, my best DOA game by far is DOA2HC.

king_ruckus

Hey everyone, new guy here.

I liked DoA back in the day. Kind of ignored DoA2 on the Dreamcast, but got into it when Dead or Alive 2: Ultimate dropped on the Xbox(mainly because of the online play). Then I picked up DoA 3 later when I saw it on sale in a bargain bin for like $4 used. Good game.

When the Xbox 360 came out I got it within 8 months of its launch because of the Dead or Alive 4 demo I played at a Gamestop. I liked the game, got a lot of hours out of it. It just never really seemed to grow past a certain point, which brings me to my next paragraph.

The reason I signed up here, the reason I even knew of this site in the first place was because of a series of videos on YouTube that Tom Brady put out recently. I don't know him personally, but he's a fairly well known player in the fighting game community. I believed he told the truth in that series of videos when I first heard it, and if you go check out the comments of those videos now, you'll see that people who know him and were involved with that particular scene that he speaks of over on DOACentral.com are backing up his words. On top of that, he had put up a thread about everything on DOACentral.com that had more comments supporting him and it has since been taken down by the guy running that site, who basically was helping to screw people over.

If there is ever a Dead or Alive 5, I hope it ends up having a strong community either here or elsewhere, but not at DOACentral.com.

The way things were handled there are a big part of the reason this series never really caught on. It is, honestly, the simplest of the 3D fighting games out there, but still enjoyable. If the people at the top had been more about growing the community and not hyping themselves(and lining their pockets along with reaping other benefits), basically being corrupt, more people would have gotten involved with the game and things could have gone differently.

It's terrible that a dude who wanted to HELP got screwed over repeatedly, digitally spat upon in the forums, and embarrassed on DirectTV. All for wanting to help grow the community for a fighting game.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hey Ruckus.

I've known Bill a long time, we've clashed in the past but over time reached an understanding and became good friends. What he's gone through over the years has been nothing less then bullshit and it never should've been allowed to happen. What we as a community have gone through has equally been bullshit, and its embaressing how long we've let ourselves get raped of everything we've rightfully earned.

This is a rare chance for a fresh start and I'm glad to see so many new faces over here for a game that should be long dead by now.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Welcome to all the new members! I hope you enjoy your stay here, make friends, and have some fun along the way.

Ruckus, to briefly comment on your post. I have been friends with Bill for a long time now. Geographical regions helped that of course, being on the East Coast and one state away from him. I imagine similar reasons were done for the owner of DOACentral and his friend MASTER, as they were in the same state as one or another. I liken it to just an East coast vs West coast thing.

I've also been a long time friend of the owner of DOACentral. Neither he or I believe we are in a "good/evil" competition with each other's sites. Bill's description of the situation is merely his view on it (and apparently many others as well with similar views).

DOACentral has helped this community a lot. It hasn't been all negative like Bill's story suggests. If it wasn't for DOACentral, Tecmo would not have known people take the game serious as a fighter. They told me this personally at an E3 event the owner of DOACentral arranged between Tecmo and 10ish of the community members including me. They stated it was because of DOACentral that they were marketing DOA4 as a hardcore fighting game - shying away from the fanservice typically being advertised as. The owner of DOACentral has put a lot of his own money, time, and effort into the community. I think there are some areas in our past that he didn't realize how the community as a whole would see it.

During a lot of Bill's told history it should be noted that many of us in the small community were young. I was going through college at the time of CGS and decided to rather focus my efforts on my education than follow what was going on with the e-sports. Personally, and people can verify this, I went on record saying CGS wasn't going to make it past two years.

Even after all of the history in this community, and Virtuapai and myself split off to make our own site, the owner of DOACentral was kind enough to pay for my airfare to his seventh annual Dead or Alive In Dallas event. Being able to attend DiD7 will give me my second chance to talk with Team NINJA, something that didn't pan out when I was in Japan by myself with a French DOA friend of mine.

Lastly, Bill's thread on DOACentral was not removed or deleted. It was moved to a permission only forum they call the "FLAME Board", as the owner believes the discussion is an attack on the site - which technically it is.

Now, I don't want to derail this thread as this is a welcoming thread. So if anyone wants to continue this discussion, they are free to make a thread about it where people can focus on that subject if they so wish.

Wow, that's quite abit of new members so quickly. Welcome to FreeStepDodge everyone!

I believe it's been 10 in the past week.

Yo, my name is Malice. I'm in Philly with Hubbs. I'm going to try and get into 3.1 more.

Welcome man. I forget if we met up at Hubbs' recent gathering or not. If we did, I wasn't formally introduced to everyone, and if we were - sorry.

R4712-VR88

Lastly, Bill's thread on DOACentral was not removed or deleted. It was moved to a permission only forum they call the "FLAME Board"

Man... I've been a member of DOAC for six years and I've never been able to go to the Flame Boards. I always miss out on the good stuff. >.>

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD