New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Paulina

Hey Ooobe, Goro, and Zeo. =) Welcome to FSD! I'm a newbie board member too. Hope you guys have fun acclimating to the forums. I haven't been here long, but I can already tell it's a chill little community. The really elite players seem to have some *heated* rivalries though, which is pretty entertaining. X)

I played Jun, and later Leifang
Woot :) Leifang players represent.

Oh yeah, I am a Christie and Tina player. And now that Akira is in DOA 5, I'm happy that my main from VF is in as well.
Tina and Christie, eh? Interesting combination. =) They handle pretty differently, in my experience. What do you think of Christie's English voice actor, as a Londoner? Some people felt she didn't sound British enough. The video can be found here.

I'm an Ein player and a Hayate in training.
It sucks, but Ein is most likely cut from 5. At least from the story line; he might be an unlockable character. :oops: Have you ever tried out Hitomi? She handles pretty dang similarly.

Zeo

Hitomi was my main in DOA3 and my old main in DOA4. I would swap between her and Ein for matches but halfway through my training I found myself using Ein 80% of the time until I finally dropped Hitomi altogether.

I'm well aware of Leon and Ein's apparent absence from DOA5 and it saddens me, so I'll be porting over to Hitomi and Hayate for my mains when it comes out. Which is fine but... Ein just... feels right to me. He suited my playstyle perfectly, DOA3 Hitomi did as well. Alas, I'll get over it (Unless he's DLC...).

Goro Hazuki

Paulina said:
Tina and Christie, eh? Interesting combination. =) They handle pretty differently, in my experience. What do you think of Christie's English voice actor, as a Londoner? Some people felt she didn't sound British enough. The video can be found here.

Yeah, I like that they play differently. And as for Christie's English voice...let's just say I'll be playing it in Japanese. Got used to the Japanese voice anyways.

Also, thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

PMSWedge

Hey everyone! =) Helena and Leifang player here. The name's Paulina. I got into DOA about ten years ago, back in the days of DOA3 and Blockbuster. You wouldn't know it by my skills, though. ^^" Definitely on the casual side of the spectrum. I'm hoping to up my game and get more competitive, especially now that I've found the community.

I've been getting psyched about 5 for several months. I was watching gameplay videos on Youtube recently, and stumbled across the IPL tournament at this year's E3. I've already recognized a couple people here that competed in the vids -- it's kind of surreal. I had no idea DOA had such a big following. I guess I assumed most fighting enthusiasts were into Tekken or SF (not really a fan of either). Hope I get to meet & hash it out with some of you. =)

Hey Paulina! We actually live fairly close to each other, so we should definitely get together to play. I work near San Jose, so I'm pretty familiar with the South Bay.

Hope I will see you at the IPL event this weekend - we can do some RL introductions there!

Paulina

Hey Paulina! We actually live fairly close to each other, so we should definitely get together to play. I work near San Jose, so I'm pretty familiar with the South Bay.

Hope I will see you at the IPL event this weekend - we can do some RL introductions there!
Derp. How did I miss this. ^^" Hiya Wedge. I'm going to try to make it. I usually stick out like a sore thumb (tall, pasty white girl...sigh). I got my license a few months ago, and still suck at driving on the freeway. I think one of my friends also wants to go though, so we'll see. =3

Nightpup

Heya. I'm new here, decided to see what this community was like. I'm not new to DOA at all, I've been playing since DOA2 launched on the Dreamcast. My mains are DOA2 Kasumi, Alpha-152, and Ayane.
I only play Dimensions at the moment, because it's the only game where all 3 of my mains are playable. Sadly, I'll be losing DOA2 Kasumi come DOA5, but hopefully Alpha will still be there waiting for me.

I hope to definitely enjoy some good games on it with some of you!

Neoswarm

Hey everyone! I have been lurking you guys for years now since when everyone was consistent on doaw. I am very fresh to the fg genre, so fresh it hurts. I wouldn't mind leveling up in Doa 5 if its a good competitive game. You all appear to be nice people so lets hope for the best!

crepuscule2012

Hey there! I am new to to this forum, but not to DOA. I have been a fan since I play it on the dreamcast when I was 7. I'm a casual DOA player. I main with the martial artist players and I could gave a good beat down. My hands are itching to play DOA5 since TN has announced this game. This game has been plaguing my mind for a long time. Hope that final release was everything the fans expected.

Wid0wmaker

Hey..I'm new to these forums and I've casually played DoA over the years, but I never really got competitive in fighting games until Soul Calibur 4, and I'm pretty competitive in SC5, and fairly active on the 8wayrun forums. DoA5 caught my eye and I'm very interested in getting more competitive when it comes out. Some of the characters I've played before are Jann Lee, Hayabusa, Tina and Bayman. I'm wanting to give Ayane a try in this one and have her be a secondary or possible main with Hayabusa. It's hard to go wrong with ninjas ;)...but I'll test the waters and see who else I might like.

OmG iTz Andre

Sup guys Glad to be here..Im glad that DOA5 is coming out soo soon..I started with DOA4 when i first got my xbox and im ready to tackle the world of DOA5! LETS GO! DOA4 i mained everyone and i plan on doing it again in DOA5..But my mains are Kasumi,Kokoro and Hitomi!

Zeo

Oh snap, Andre from the Mahvel scene?! Welcome, welcome. See you on stream all the time. Hope to see you when DOA5 rolls around.

chocogerman777

Hi. I'm the guy who made that stupid FSD vs DOAW poll on gamefaqs. Sorry about that.. :oops:
Clearly that was the wrong way of trying to find out which site was more akin to my taste. ;)

Anyway..been a DoA fan since 2000. I love DoA for both its gameplay and its..*ehem*.. :rolleyes: ..aesthetics .
I main Hitomi and Helena with some Tina and Hayate on the side. Looking forward to some Sarah in DoA5.
I play almost every fighting game out there but my favorites are definitely DoA and MvC.
This backwater place that I live in has s*** quality internet and an almost non-existent fighting game scene...so streams and forums are all that I have..lol. :(

chocogerman777

Where is this backwater place that you live?
The Philippines..:eek:
Most gamers here play MOBAs or MMORPGs due to the poor internet infrastructure. (70ms to someone that's 2 miles away from you)
Console gaming is becoming more and more unpopular here as well since people are poor and they'd much rather pirate games on the PC.
..The woes of living in a third-world country...:confused:

Conun

Sup , I am Conun... I've been here for about a week or two but I didn't introduce myself.

I play fighting games:cool:(story of my life.)

I played DOA4 and that peaked my interest to get the other games in the series and since then , I've been one of the biggest DOA fans.

I mained Ein but unfortunately Ein isn't gonna be in DOA5 or have a future in the series.

People liked to say that Hitomi is better but Ein was more powerful and did the job of getting things done a whole lot quicker.

I am a person that you would see online a lot and hope to play to play against you all on PSN.(I have my launch 360 that still works but collecting dust because I can't be bothered to pay for Xbox live.)

I'd make my appearance in real life to the fighting game community but I don't have what it takes to travel nor do I see fighting game tournaments in the state that I live in.:((Why couldn't I be born somewhere else or have rich family.)

Though someone could always give me the hook up.:rolleyes:jk(maybe) but one day , I hope that I can be someone in the fighting game community and not watching streams or hearing about it on sites.(:oops:wouldn't mind playing role of sidekick or follower though.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD