New to FSD? Introduce yourself here.

Kiku

Hello everyone,

Kokoro Player from germany here, been a fan of DoA since doa2, love the series, bla bla. Hope to find some good opponents here, it's the first 3D fighting game which i really want to learn (main games are arcsys stuff, 3rd, umk3).

KevinJ

Hello everyone,

I've never played any of the Dead or Alive games before. Ignoring all the skeptics, I thought I would give Dead or Alive 5 a try and rented it. I enjoyed the game a lot, I went out yesterday and bought the game plus the guidebook. I'm still learning the basics of the game, but with the help of the forums and the community hopefully I can improve and have a fun time while I am at it.

DomAug

Hey everyone. I'm a somewhat-regular on VFDC (virtuafighter.com) and I've been playing VF games since 2002, my first one being VF4. However, DOA5 is the first Dead or Alive game I've ever played. I bought it two days ago and I'm still struggling with this system, but it's very fun so far. I'm using Rig and, more lightly, Tina. I'm digging the look of this game; it's very smooth and intense.

As of now, no offense, but I still like VF more. However, I think this is an awesome game to pick up and learn, especially for a VF fan. Where VF is more realistic with its style, DOA adds that nice sense of fantasy and movie-style action that VF lacks (for better or worse, in my opinion for better but again I am a long-time VF fan). The fact that this game welcomed the addition of Akira, Sarah, and Pai helped me make my decision on either DOA5 or TTT2 as a "new game" to learn while I'm not playing VF, which has an online mode right now that's pretty much dead... :\

StreamerX

Hello World ^^

DOA newbie on the way! I'am from Germany but now living in Switzerland. I hope to find the right inputs here to level up my skill. After some time of playing Tekken I'am now on a turney trip through the 3D BEMU world. MK9 (ok 2D), Soul Calibur 5, Virtua Fighter Final Showdown and now DOA to find the adantages and disadvantages of each serie and the best for me. In DOA I have some problems to come in. I play JannLee for the moment. I do not have the guide and hope to find some more strategy stuff here in the next time in the threads.

If there is someone in my region don't hestiate to contact me on PS3 for a match or some training sessions. Rooms max 4 people.

Cya and have fun
PSN: StreamerX

X_Fact0r

Hello everyone.

Old DOA2U player here that faded off during the DOA4 days from not liking the direction they took with it and playing more people offline, which meant playing more Tekken. My style has changed a lot since looking at the older forums for DOA. Actually hosted in central Florida for a handful of player once for DOA4 back in '06-07 when I was in college. The game did not feel as fun as DOA2U for me so have been playing a lot more Tekken. I am liking how certain parts of 5 have changed from 4. I would rather get more knowledge offline in tournaments around Florida, but a little bit of online is ok. Hopefully I stop trying to find what character plays to my mindset after 5 years before the tournament in November and pick it back up quickly.

PacManila

Hey all,

Long time DOA fan from the west coast. Used to play DOA4 back in the day and happy to see the series up and running again with 5. I'm a Tina mainer and sub Lisa (though I mained Leifang back in 4). Currently, I'm attending grad school, but I play online when I'm free. Anyway, hope to meet some new players here and get some fun matches in =)

Kritoth

Hello everyone. I've played fighting games since the old Soul Edge days. I've dabbled with VF4 Evo, played Tekken Tag a couple of times. Main Seong Mina in SC2 and dabbled with Helena in DOA2U. Looking forward to learning a lot about competitive play from everyone and am planning on maining Christie. haven't gotten DOA5 yet, but will soon. I've only played it once at Anime Weekend Atlanta and did okay at it.

ChainCombo

Yo,

Finally decided to sign up for FSD but lurked around here for a while soon as DOA5 was mentioned last year. I play a lot of fighting games from Street Fighter, Tekken, BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, etc. Basically if it's a fighter chances are I've played the hell out of it. Been playing DOA since DOA2:Hardcore on PS2 and every other entry since, well except DOA4, used to main Kasumi but gradually shifting away and heading more towards Ayane. Hope to learn some new things and play with some awesome people. :)

Hello everyone. I've been a fan of DOA since DOA2:HC was the first PS2 game I ever bought. After about 10 years of messing around, I finally decided to play it properly. And after lurking on this website for a few months, I figured I should actually start posting on here. I'm still trying to decide on a main for DOA5, though Pai is the most likely candidate. So hopefully I'll be able to up my game and communicate with the DOA community more on here.

mAgNuMm

Hi everyone. My Gamertag is mAgNuMm and I usually play Lei Fang. Hope to see you all online.

Btw this is a really good website and the comunity looks very cheerful.

See you soon!

Yaguar

Hey guys,

Tina player here and slowly picking up Mila right now.
I'm around on PSN for DOA5 and always up for a game.

Not much to say yet but... Hello!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Greetings to you FSD community! My name is FoN and I have decided to join this nice site in hopes of being able to learn more about the ins & outs DOA5.

I'm normally a SoulCalibur player but would like to branch out to other 3D fighters. DOA5 had the nicest umm... *ahem* appearance and have been enjoying the hell out of the game since it launched last month. The gameplay is amazing, especially now with the patched netcode. I currently chose to main Ayane because I instantly fell in love with her adorable purple hair and badass attitude. Any tips for utilizing her would be greatly appreciated.

Anywho I look forward to enjoying my stay here and hopefully getting to know you guys a little better!

I'm not just new to free step dodge, but I'm also new to DOA. I got 5 when it came out and have been hooked ever since and feel like I'm getting decent at it. If anyone has an xbox360 and wants to play add me GT: You Jelly Son

Vanity Assassin

I'm not just new to free step dodge, but I'm also new to DOA. I got 5 when it came out and have been hooked ever since and feel like I'm getting decent at it. If anyone has an xbox360 and wants to play add me GT: You Jelly Son
welcome, and you can add me, I am always up for games

JohnTheFierce

Hi :cool:

I'm new to the site, & getting back into the Fighting competitive scene. I'm looking forward to meeting new gamers & just looking to gain a better understanding of the fight mechanics to help improve my gameplay. I mainly play as Mila, but looking for a secondary character to fall back on as well. If anyone's interested in Sparring online on DOA5, hit me up anytime on Xbox Live.

Gt - John Fierce

Viva DOA!

Allan Paris

Hello everyone. I've played fighting games since the old Soul Edge days. I've dabbled with VF4 Evo, played Tekken Tag a couple of times. Main Seong Mina in SC2 and dabbled with Helena in DOA2U. Looking forward to learning a lot about competitive play from everyone and am planning on maining Christie. haven't gotten DOA5 yet, but will soon. I've only played it once at Anime Weekend Atlanta and did okay at it.

Another GA Player, I hope you'll be coming to this: http://www.freestepdodge.com/thread...ight-club-jonesboro-ga.1211/page-2#post-58774

If you had fun at AWA you'll have here with more DOA players.

All of you new guys, Welcome to FSD!

Ridge

Just want to say hi to everyone. Im new to the game but really enjoy it, I live in Cali and mostly play at night when I got time. Im not trying to be pro or anything but I want to learn how to at least be competitive and not get owned so much online. Thats pretty much it, take it easy people.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD