Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The game is officially out in the States and this will be the main thread going forward. If something requires a more specific thread feel free to make it, but most discussion on the game itself should go here. Get out there, get the game, and let's start chatting about Hayabusa's latest outing.

Ghosty-J

Unfortunately I'll be in school up until 7:00pm, so I might be too tired to even play it when I get back home after picking up my pre-order from GameStop. I'm afraid I won't be able to touch it until the weekend. Tomorrow if I'm lucky DX

Brute

Standard Donor
I probably won't get it until Friday at soonest, probably next week.

Looking forward to all you guys' thoughts until then.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Looking at purolator at work and it says they delivered 3 hours ago, just 1 more hour till I'm home and will say goodbye to life for a few days

Does anyone know if you can start at MN difficulty from the start?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I work until 9 eastern so I can't double check, but I do not believe you can start on MN. I'm personally hoping difficulty achievements/trophies stack, though. Starting on Normal bugs me.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I work until 9 eastern so I can't double check, but I do not believe you can start on MN. I'm personally hoping difficulty achievements/trophies stack, though. Starting on Normal bugs me.

God damn I hate playing from Normal all the way to MN except for NG1

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Well that sucks big time
Considering we've only had two games in the entire series that allowed you to skip to higher difficulties, I'm not sure it "sucks" at all. It's to be expected. Considering the game is so much better than normal NG3 I don't think I'll mind all that much. Not like it'll take any of us on this forum long to burn through Normal and Hard.

Edit: Don't forget to check out the SmartGlass features for those of you grabbing it on Xbox. I'll be using my Surface Pro but Windows Phone 8, Windows RT, Windows 8, Android, and iOS devices can all take advantage of the features. Pretty cool stuff, actually.

bingsoo

I honestly enjoy Hard more than Master Ninja from what I've played in the demo since MN seems to limit your options in order to increase difficulty instead of just increasing the challenge. Just an opinion though, and I'll play through MN nonetheless.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
well I pre-ordered from gamestop online and they didn't give me any pre-order codes

gonna call and see if they can hook me up with a code lol

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
You should get it at some point before 5pm Pacific time today. If you don't, call. Codes come printed on the receipts for retail customers so you should get it today regardless for an online order. That said, this is all from experience with US GameStops.

PacManila

Downloading it from PSN now. Didn't play the first NG3, but the demo was amazing. Too bad I didn't play it enough to unlock more things. The PSN bundle also has dlc costumes included. Don't know if they're the same as the ones from Gamestop though.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Downloading it from PSN now. Didn't play the first NG3, but the demo was amazing. Too bad I didn't play it enough to unlock more things. The PSN bundle also has dlc costumes included. Don't know if they're the same as the ones from Gamestop though.
They are the same ones. Enjoy. It's a phenomenal game with all of the new stuff.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Psn store updated preorder code doesn't work. Wut
Give it some time. That's on Sony and it's not the first time they've dragged their feet. Team NINJA and Tecmo Koei have done their job since the codes are working fine on Xbox Live.

Adamleelight

How long will it take for the preorder costumes to get in the store? My preorder doesn't offer costumes so it sucks

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD