Nioh General Discussion

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Anybody catch Tom after the show? Had an interview and showed more gameplay. He did confirm kusari-gama so William will be able to use it. He wouldn't bring it up if it was an NPC-only weapon.

Brute

Standard Donor
Anybody catch Tom after the show? Had an interview and showed more gameplay. He did confirm kusari-gama so William will be able to use it. He wouldn't bring it up if it was an NPC-only weapon.
If William can use it, then how could it be NPC-only?

NinjaRayMan

Somehow these trailers are getting better and better.
This is the dark souls/ninja gaiden game I've always wanted x100. What a beautiful month February is going to be.
When Team Ninja is on their game, it's a one of a kind experience.

DyByHands

Its all so beautiful. Though, they need to stop showing so much at this point. Let an enemy surprise us, lol.

NinjaRayMan

Ogress fight

I hope that other footage from the livecast coverage was tailored for demo play because it was a ghost town and had a serious lack of enemies. That doa3 Hayabusa mask was sweet though. Definitely playing this game as a ninja

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
new screenshots : some new enemies, an old friend, and a bunch of kusarigamas
http://imgur.com/a/Tibxc

also we have throws confirmed on normal enemies(also shown in footage) hopefully it does something to yokai as i am not a fan of these human only attacks.
vhfGTNW.jpg

NinjaRayMan

Around the 1:13:00 mark, they show a shopkeeper that allows you to change character skins. One of them is a full on ninja outfit. !!!!!
Rest of the stream is mostly old footage and a new story trailer towards the end.
If anybody reads or speaks Japanese, feel free to fill in the rest.

NinjaRayMan

Now that we know character skins are in play, I'm sure we will be seeing some NG add ons at some point. There were NG themed revenants in the demos and there are already a lot of NG influences on this game, the fan service is inevitable. Just look at the 5 million (and counting) costumes in DOA

Doku as a hidden boss would be cool

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
im honestly pretty disappointed with how they've been handling William. he should have become TNs next iconic character, but they ignored actually bothering to change him to look more unique like he's supposed to be and just left him to be the constant butt of Geralt jokes and now says "if you don't like him change him" it feel like TN has zero faith in this character.

Sotherius

Well, there is a couple of problems with that.

NiOH, unlike DOA or Ninja Gaiden, is not something that comes from inside Team Ninja, it is a project from Koei's owner, and is just his dream project really, NiOH isn't supposed to be a new Team Ninja Staple like DOA or Ninja Gaiden is.

I imagine any deep design change or characterization comes from above Team Ninja's creative power with the game, even if they are what is making this game so great.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Well, there is a couple of problems with that.

NiOH, unlike DOA or Ninja Gaiden, is not something that comes from inside Team Ninja, it is a project from Koei's owner, and is just his dream project really, NiOH isn't supposed to be a new Team Ninja Staple like DOA or Ninja Gaiden is.

I imagine any deep design change or characterization comes from above Team Ninja's creative power with the game, even if they are what is making this game so great.

i don't care. make a good character, give him a good design, stop bending over backwards for these whiny children who couldn't understand the concept of what a character driven story was in if it smacked them in the face.

NinjaRayMan

Dont get your hopes up too high about the story or character development in a Team Ninja game

Regarding the multiple character skins, apparently you buy them from the teahouse.
"The secret teahouse from the beta demo is an online shop (sort of)- you can buy special items using points you gain from playing online"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/181161-nioh/74745941

Hopefully, "playing online" doesn't require PS+ . Id also like to know how you earn those points. Hopefully its from fighting revenants and not other people in PVP.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD