"No one gets in my way." - DOA5U Kasumi combo thread

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Got it. 77. Still need to find some legit tech. Also 9PK 6P+K KK I got to work on the elbow bounds. 66K~K I keep connecting the 1st one but the 2nd K whiffs.

EDIT: 4H+K still guarantees 3PP, 3P, 6K, 66KK, & P+K. @UprisingJC @Tenryuga I tagged someone in here to get the topic back to life.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tenryuga

I started adding some juggles for Alpha. I'd appreciate it if you guys posted what you have.

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
I don't know if anyone has posted this combo but i'll do it any way.

CB set-up combo: :6::H+K::6::6::P::4::P::6::P+K:

Advantage: +75
Combo damage: 65

Patrick Wimmer

Standard Donor
A little better variation on my last post, this one has a faster starting kick with better rangge and the combo is wall friendly CB set-up. But with slightly less damage.

:H+K::P+K::3::K::6::P+K:

Combo damage: 60

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

Wow The Kasumi Threads are pretty dead ok I try to keep it alive at least. So I have a question about the free chancel :h: what is the good thing about this ? Is that the reason why I miss miss :236::F: and :4::6::h: combos ?
Here is a example

I have 2 juggle tag combo against my lovely gummi bear alpha.

:hayabusa:

:4::4::P: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::K: :+: :P+K: :+: :3: :P+K: :5: :P+K: :1_: :5: :6::K: :+: :1_: :5: :6::K: :1_: :5: :6::K:

:kasumi:
:K::K::9::K:

:1_: :5: :6::K: :K:

:P::P::K::K:

Combo 2

:4::H+K::+::6::K::+::3::K::+::P+K::+::4::K::+::P+K::P::P:

:P::K::K::7::K::+::6::P+K::+::9::P::K::+::6::P+K::+::K::K:

:3_: :5: :4: :K: :+: :3_: :5: :4: :K::K:

:4::P::K::K:

:426::F:

Nameless Sama

A little better variation on my last post, this one has a faster starting kick with better rangge and the combo is wall friendly CB set-up. But with slightly less damage.

:H+K::P+K::3::K::6::P+K:

Combo damage: 60

Thanks doesnt matter if it makes less damage ;D. I am happy to get all helps what I get. Ok this post is not answering my question but the inputs are great. It helps me :D. I like the way of the CB too. I am happy becuase I only play with Kasumi and Ryu and that is the good thing from me. In that case I can learn so much things about these 2 characters. I will master them after mastering you have to learn so much things again ;). I am a noob but I will get better wit the time because I only use them.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Wow The Kasumi Threads are pretty dead ok I try to keep it alive at least. So I have a question about the free chancel :h: what is the good thing about this ? Is that the reason why I miss miss :236::F: and :4::6::h: combos ?
Here is a example

:4::4::P: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::K: :+: :P+K: :+: :3: :P+K: :5: :P+K: :1_: :5: :6::K: :+: :1_: :5: :6::K: :1_: :5: :6::K:

Combo 2

It's because everyone thinks that she's hard to play now & she's no longer somebody you can just mash with like they thought. Her difficulty is a lot higher that others & they thing she's "no good" but that's not the case.

Nameless Sama

Ok thanks for your answer :hayabusa: JDE I have some questions about you:

1. Do you see / feel the same thing what you wrote above ? I mean you play Kasumi for a long Time I guess because of your gamertag. I am not sure if you played DOAU2 - 4.

2. Do you want to play against me on PSN ? Just for training and having fun. I am on Xbox too but my 5U copy didnt come thats why I play on PS3. I am a respectful person. I dont jump over or attack on ppl even they are ko.

3. I want to hear your opinion about my Kasumi ? I know I am a noob but maybe you can give some tips.

Thanks JDE

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Ok thanks for your answer :hayabusa: JDE I have some questions about you:

1. Do you see / feel the same thing what you wrote above ? I mean you play Kasumi for a long Time I guess because of your gamertag. I am not sure if you played DOAU2 - 4.

2. Do you want to play against me on PSN ? Just for training and having fun. I am on Xbox too but my 5U copy didnt come thats why I play on PS3. I am a respectful person. I dont jump over or attack on ppl even they are ko.

3. I want to hear your opinion about my Kasumi ? I know I am a noob but maybe you can give some tips.

Thanks JDE
No, I really don't. She's harder to play, that part I do agree on but with what people are saying in other threads she really hurts, no not entirely. It's over-exaggerated. She has hitbox issuses that really needs to be fixed, but you'll see that some people will say something like "4PK needs to launch higher" when it gives her something. I liked the one from vanilla better no lie. 4PKK & 3PKK strings are dumb. That part I do agree with. I can name more, but I'm pressing for time. She can still win & she's still annoying to deal with, but your fundamentals & neutral will have to be on point. The main reason she's harder to play is because she's even unsafer than she was before & can be punished on almost all of her strings. She however, deals with with the wake up game just fine. I played DOAU-4 but I wasn't in the community at the time so I couldn't really tell you how good she was then though I was told she was very good in those too. But DOA4 I went back & revisited her & she was good & was very unsafe but didn't have a legit throw punish.

Yeah man sure. Just add me & whenever I'm on, shoot me an invite or I can shoot you one. PSN: JDE423, and XBOX 360 is XX JDE XX.

I'll have to look and see how you're playing but I can't right at this moment. You should also try hitting up Allan Paris too for critiques. He knows just as much as me. But yeah bro, just hit me up.

phoenix1985gr

I played DOAU-4 but I wasn't in the community at the time so I couldn't really tell you how good she was then though I was told she was very good in those too. But DOA4 I went back & revisited her & she was good & was very unsafe but didn't have a legit throw punish.

Yeah man sure. Just add me & whenever I'm on, shoot me an invite or I can shoot you one. PSN: JDE423, and XBOX 360 is XX JDE XX.

I'll have to look and see how you're playing but I can't right at this moment. You should also try hitting up Allan Paris too for critiques. He knows just as much as me. But yeah bro, just hit me up.

What do you mean with that?

Tenryuga

Here is a example

Combo 2

Free cancelling is done for many reasons. In juggles it's to prevent dropping them. For example if you do KK7K 6P+K and decide to pause instead of free cancel before pressing P you might get 6P+K P, which is Kasumi's hoshinpo elbow, instead of a jab.

It is also done to stop Kasumi's strings at safe points. Since her strings are highly unsafe you should rarely finish strings with her and be free canceling 95% of the time. Also keep in mind that just because you are safe doesn't mean it is ok to keep attacking. Alot of beginners make that mistake and get blown up for it. You have to use your judgement.

As for your Kasumi I would advise you to go over her frame data. You attack out of blatant disadvantage often and it's getting you counter hit because you should not be doing that. Also you play unsafe with her. I saw 4PP coming out without it being hitconfirmed. Stick to 4P for counter-poking and use 4PP only in stun or on hit confirm. I also saw 66KK a couple of times and it's a good thing that you hit the opponent with it but you have to be careful when you use moves like that. If that had been blocked you give your opponent a free super launcher throw. Stick to 66K and vanilla 66KK if you are trying to get in on somebody. Use 5U 66KK only when the opponent is stunned or if you are whiff punishing something and you know that 66K is going to hit.

66P is a nice move to use to close distance though it's main function is a whiff punisher. Make sure that when you are using it you use it at a range where it will make contact with the opponent. It's risky using it anytime else because the follow up is a high so if you commit to 66PP you'll get crushed for whiffing it or whiff punished.

When you have Kasumi at distance you want to learn how to move in without relying on 66P, 66K and Hoshinpo strike followups because although those moves are decent you are at disadvantage on block, whereas if you space properly and have good footsies you can get within range for her 3K, 4H+K, H+K, P strings, 6P / 3P strings, or even 2P which all leave you in a better position than 66P and 66K on block IMO.

That's all I have for you. I am by no means a high level Kasumi player. You should talk to Allan Paris; He has the most Kasumi knowledge out of any player and will be sure to set you on the right track.

Nameless Sama

Nice to see that the Kasumi Threads getting alive :p Thanks for Jde und Tenryuga for your answers ^-^. I have found an alternative for 66PP and 66KK at distance. Its simple as I thought. Hmm I dont think that Kasumi are harder to play because of the unsafe strikes but I respect every inputs , tips and opinion from you all. Thanks ! I have current no problems with her besides the Combos and Throws. So I have an another question. Does Kasumi has a frame advantage when she make :3::h: or :9::h:? becuase I think its a very useful Move from her. I played against many Kasumis and yeah they made always the expert Holds like :4::3::h: , :4::9::h: but not the normal :3::h: . What about you. Do you use more the export hold or the normal :3::h: ?

Tenryuga

Nice to see that the Kasumi Threads getting alive :p Thanks for Jde und Tenryuga for your answers ^-^. I have found an alternative for 66PP and 66KK at distance. Its simple as I thought. Hmm I dont think that Kasumi are harder to play because of the unsafe strikes but I respect every inputs , tips and opinion from you all. Thanks ! I have current no problems with her besides the Combos and Throws. So I have an another question. Does Kasumi has a frame advantage when she make :3::h: or :9::h:? becuase I think its a very useful Move from her. I played against many Kasumis and yeah they made always the expert Holds like :4::3::h: , :4::9::h: but not the normal :3::h: . What about you. Do you use more the export hold or the normal :3::h: ?

She has frame advantage from the parry. It is best used on moves that have large recovery so you can get a guaranteed juggle on the opponent when they are back turned. Expert parries are better used against pokes with fast recovery in my experience.

Also Kasumi isn't hard to play in this game. She lost her force techs and got nerfs to tools people used as a crutch to get easy wins. She doesn't need anything outside of a few tweaks to her frames and moves. As long as you are skilled and actually knew how to utilize Kasumi's tools properly you will be fine. If you didn't then you are struggling in this game when you shouldn't be. (Unless you are facing friggin Gen-Fu who has a stupid vortex and crushes mids and highs no problem with 3P or a legitimate Ayane that has mastered her keepout game.)

She is getting 25% damage or more everytime she touches you and gets 90+ damage at critical level 2; Which isn't hard to get to using her jab strings and 3PP. H+K is giving you around 110 points guaranteed ANY time it makes contact. Her Hi counter throws are doing 97+ points of damage. 66T.T is giving her a guaranteed 70 points at the least. The only issues she has are ones that have already existed; Those being her safety issues and hitbox issues. This is should be nothing new for anybody that played her in 5.

The 300 point health bar and her damage nerfs in addition to the unsafety on her elbows (Which were either rarely used or rarely finished anyways) just make it so she has to do a little more work. If you want a to know what hard work is in this game try having a spacing / footsie war or zoning with Ein against a high / top level player or using Bass against Sarah and speed demons. Then come back and tell me Kasumi struggles in this game and has difficulties. Just wanted to leave this here for people still whining about her and saying things that are incorrect.

I haven't been too active on these boards because I can only play on weekends and I've been busy. This weekend I'll post more Alpha juggles from her other launchers and organize the OP a little. I'll be more active on these threads once I get my Ein where I want him to be.

If you have any further questions Nameless take it to the Kasumi 5U discussion thread. I'll be glad to answer them there as will other players.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Once you learn her, you'll see what me & Tenryuga are telling you is right. What juggles are you exactly having trouble with?

Nameless Sama

I have porblems with :236::F: :+: :4::6::h: :+: :6::6::F: :5: :F: ? The timing is by me too bad.

EDIT:

I have noticed that I have to move one step to forward by :236::F: to keep the oppoent in the air. Is that correct or is one step forward too unsafe.

Anyway here is a example:

Last edited:

Tenryuga

I have porblems with :236::F: :+: :4::6::h: :+: :6::6::F: :5: :F: ? The timing is by me too bad.

EDIT:

I have noticed that I have to move one step to forward by :236::F: to keep the oppoent in the air. Is that correct or is one step forward too unsafe.

The bread and butter juggle for :2::3::6::H+P: is :6::K::5::P::P::K::K:. Use that until you get the execution down for the stronger juggles. Also pay attention to where you are. You keep trying to use a :2::3::6::H+P: juggle that is for midscreen near a wall. In levels like that that are enclosed it would be best to just stick with :6::K::5::P::P::K::K: unless the wall is all the way on the other side. Also don't ever try to approach somebody with :9::P::K:. Even if you use it at the right range the move can be free stepped and you will be punished hard for missing it. Like I said last time learn how to move in without relying on your distance moves and instead using your pokes to control space like :3::K: and :4::P:. If you have more videos please post them in this thread so myself and other Kasumi players can give you tips: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/kasumis-match-video-and-critique-thread.3663/

J.D.E.

Standard Donor

EDIT:

Yeah just use 6K PPKK until you can get it down. You would use this anyway for max the wall juggle.

Also, you mentioned PKK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK which is 82. It's great for superheavys, but you would get more damage with KK7K 6P+K K PP6P6K which works on from featherweight to heavys. It's 84. Yes it's 2 points more but that one is on you, pimp. KK7K 6P+K PPKK is 89 from 236T, 85 on 46H (works on all but superheavys).

PKK7K 6P+K 9PK 6P+K KK vs 6K KK7K 6P+K KK juggle (236T):

Both of them are good but 6K KK7K 6P+K KK is 77 but also 92 with the wall slam, which is the big difference. The other is good still if you can hit it consistently, but even though I can use it consistently, depending on the stage, I use it, but use 6K KK7K 6P+K KK more often. Plus it is 5 pts less.

46H for superheavys, use 236P PKK7K 6P+K KK. It's your best bet.

I recommend spending time in the lab working on the timing of KK7K 6P+K (delay) strings. It's better than PKK7K on 46H 1T & 236T launchers no matter how you look at it unless it's a superheavy character (Bayman, Bass etc). The arch of kick strings are higher than the punches on PKK7K strings.

EDIT: The damage numbers I gave out are on CH

Allan Paris

She only had a 5 frame or 10 frame grab in DOA4. This meant she couldn't properly punish moves that were -6 to -9 since 5 frame throws can be broken.

This is wrong.

She had a 7i punish throw in DOA4. 66T. Since it was breakable and needed to be buffered it wasn't relied on as punish throw for her.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD