"No one gets in my way." - DOA5U Kasumi combo thread

Tenryuga

This is wrong.

She had a 7i punish throw in DOA4. 66T. Since it was breakable and needed to be buffered it wasn't relied on as punish throw for her.

My bad; It slipped my mind that she had that in past DOA. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

The Master of Kasumi has spoken. I would be glad if you would be here sometimes and post something :p.
Report : :236::F: :+: :K::K::7::K: :+: :6: :P+K: :+: :P::P::6::K::K: is no problem. 1 step forward and make the inputs. I am gonig to learn the Timing for :4::6::h: and :3::h: with that I can combine it with :6::6::F: :5: :F:. Triple Kill ;D. I played these 2 Days offline because I want to learn the basics first. So today I want to learn her the best CB damage from you what do you use for the CB !

I make this
:4::P::P: :+: :H+K: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P: :6: :P::K:

Allan Paris

I have to let you guys fly on your own, man. I have a few things I am working on with her. I'll have some stuff up soon. I've been busy for the past several weeks.

I make this
:4::P::P: :+: :H+K: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P: :6: :P::K:

I can you tell you this, this is not guaranteed. As long as the player you are playing against is SE'ing they'll get out of it. It's a good setup for players who don't know how to SE, though.

Nameless Sama

I understand that I have to learn for my medicine study too.Just I said I am thankful for any help I can get.

What is SE ?

Tenryuga

I understand that I have to learn for my medicine study too.Just I said I am thankful for any help I can get.

What is SE ?

SE is stagger escape. It reduces the duration of stuns. For example remember when I told you :4::H+K:, :3::3::P: was not guaranteed? That is because the player can stagger escape :4::H+K: and reduce the stun so :3::3::P: doesn't hit. You can check to see this yourself if you hit training mode and set stagger escape to fastest in the CPU settings.

Nameless Sama

Thanks Tenryuga ! I am very thankful to you because you help me and give so much tips where you can I estimate it. I owe you one !

Topic: Stagger Escape can you do with the :h: button isnt it ? I mean you reduce the stun with :h: while your opponent are in the sit tun isnt it ?

It time to test my Kasumi in Online again with the tips which you and the other has given to me. Really Thanks. I know I am not a master right now but I have now a good imagine how I start and I should play with her better.

My Motto: " What you cant do alone then we will make it together" :hayabusa:

Tenryuga

Thanks Tenryuga ! I am very thankful to you because you help me and give so much tips where you can I estimate it. I owe you one !

Topic: Stagger Escape can you do with the :h: button isnt it ? I mean you reduce the stun with :h: while your opponent are in the sit tun isnt it ?

It time to test my Kasumi in Online again with the tips which you and the other has given to me. Really Thanks. I know I am not a master right now but I have now a good imagine how I start and I should play with her better.

My Motto: " What you cant do alone then we will make it together" :hayabusa:

Stagger escape is done by holding the guard button then rotating the analog stick while you are stunned. You should practice it because it is a good technique to use on people that don't set up stuns properly or like to poke and watch to see what you do when you are stunned. Some characters in the game though laugh at stagger escape like christie and make it useless.

Nameless Sama

So the Stagger escape works very good. Now I must get the perfect time with :6::6::F: :5: :F: and :3::h: and :9::h:.

:3::h: and :9::h: is very good ! In my opinion is it better than :4::3: :h: and :4::9::h: because I got punished with that. Sometimes I missed or get countered but with :3::h: or :9::h: you are have more strategic options !

My Combo :3::h: or :9::h: :+: :6::P::K: :+: :6::6::P: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::P+K: the same game with :6::6::F: :5: :F: ;D :hayabusa:

Tenryuga

So the Stagger escape works very good. Now I must get the perfect time with :6::6::F: :5: :F: and :3::h: and :9::h:.

:3::h: and :9::h: is very good ! In my opinion is it better than :4::3: :h: and :4::9::h: because I got punished with that. Sometimes I missed or get countered but with :3::h: or :9::h: you are have more strategic options !

My Combo :3::h: or :9::h: :+: :6::P::K: :+: :6::6::P: :+: :2::K: :+: :6::P+K: the same game with :6::6::F: :5: :F: ;D :hayabusa:

The recommended combos off her parry and 66T.T is juggles off of :6::P::6::K: because those are guaranteed. :6::6::P: can be stagger escaped by the opponent to ruin the rest of the combo.

Nameless Sama

Wait a minute :6::6::P: can be stagger escaped while BT !!! ? After :3::h: or :9::h: :+: :6::P::K: ? Then I had luck with my opponents ! But Ten :6::P::K: after :3::h: or :9::h: is guaranteed doesnt it ? Is this then a guaranteed combo If I make it so :3::h: :+: :6::P::K: :+: :6::P::6::K: :+: :P::K::K::+: :6::P+K: :+: :K::K: ?

Tenryuga

They can hold 6P6K if you set it up like that. The way 5U's BT stuns work is that you only get certain hits for free and the rest can be held. Going straight into 6P6k is never going to get held. Doing 6PK beforehand allows the opponent to stagger and hold.

wait, kasumi isn't easy to play anymore? then who is the SF ryu of doa now? who is the entry level jack of all trade master of none character?

Tenryuga

wait, kasumi isn't easy to play anymore? then who is the SF ryu of doa now? who is the entry level jack of all trade master of none character?

I never would have considered kasumi the Ryu of DOA. She has mediocre performance at some ranges and has issues that can get beginners blown up against knowledgable players. The Ryu's of DOA have always been Ein and Hayate. Though in this game that is Hayate. Ein sucks too much ass at close range to be a balanced fighter wheareas hayate can fight any way you need him to.

Soaring Zero

A little part of me died when I read this. Kasumi is nowhere near that.

But keeping the combo talk going, what is the best starting move for a juggle after Kasmui's launching throw? I've been experimenting with a couple of different ones just to see the maximum amount of damage I could get off of it. So far the best one I've got is PKK7K>6P+K>9PK>6P+K>KK. I've seen people do the first hit of 6K and go into that same combo too so I've been practicing that as well but the timing for it is a little tricky. Like the 6K has to be done as soon as possible or something like that.

Last edited:

Tenryuga

A little part of me died when I read this. Kasumi is nowhere near that.

But keeping the combo talk going, what is the best starting move for a juggle after Kasmui's launching throw? I've been experimenting with a couple of different ones just to see the maximum amount of damage I could get off of it. So far the best one I've got is PKK7K>6P+K>9PK>6P+K>KK. I've seen people do the first hit of 6K and go into that same combo too so I've been practicing that as well but the timing for it is a little tricky. Like the 6K has to be done as soon as possible or something like that.

6K PPKK is your bread and butter because it works on all weights in all situations.

Dashing in then doing KK7K 6P+K PPKK is the max damage on lightweights.

Every other weight I just stick to Oboro because the throw juggles either match its damage or do less than it midscreen. The exception is in levels with electric floors or walls. At walls I use K 33P 2P PKK7K. Replace the last part with 4PKK for Super heavyweights.

Nameless Sama

I have one question. Which combo makes more damage ? I ask because many pro kasumi player use this.

:236::F: :+: :P::P::K::7::K: :+: :6: :P+K: :+: :9: :P::K: :+: :6: :P+K: :+: :K::K: ?

But this makes more damage doesnt it loud move details ?

:236::F: :+: :K::K::7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P::6::P::K: .

Is this combo a good combo after : :4::6::h:

+ :+: :236::P: :+: :P::P::K::K: ? Many people are using it ?

I make it so after :4::6::h:

:K::K::7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P::6::P::K:.

Allan Paris

It depends on the weight class that you are juggling. The mid kick juggle that you have listed (starting with 236P) is good because it takes no timing to do and it does a great deal of damage for taking no time in performing it. Her launching throw juggles should be listed on the 1st page of this thread.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I have one question. Which combo makes more damage ? I ask because many pro kasumi player use this.

:236::F: :+: :P::P::K::7::K: :+: :6: :P+K: :+: :9: :P::K: :+: :6: :P+K: :+: :K::K: ?

But this makes more damage doesnt it loud move details ?

:236::F: :+: :K::K::7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P::6::P::K: .

Is this combo a good combo after : :4::6::h:

+ :+: :236::P: :+: :P::P::K::K: ? Many people are using it ?

I make it so after :4::6::h:

:K::K::7::K: :+: :6::P+K: :+: :P::P::6::P::K:.

What set of characters were you trying to use this on (sorry for being so late)?

Darth Lotonic X

"No Timing" Power Launcher combos from my guide:

For information about the format of these combos go here

Unless specified otherwise, assume the next input after a stance transition is in that stance.

No Wall:
Alpha: (:P:) :6::K:, :K::K::7::K::6::P+K:, :9::P::K::6::P+K:, :K::K: (106)
Light/Middle: (:P:) :7::K::6::P+K:, :K:, :P::P::K::K: (102)
Heavy: (:H+P: or :4::h:) :K::K::7::K::6::P+K:, :9::P::K::6::P+K:, :K::K: (96)

Wall: Required
Alpha: (:4::h:) :3::3::P:, :2::P:, :3::3::P:, :4::P::K::K: (100)
Light/Middle: (:2::H+P:) :3::3::P:, :2::P:, :P::K::K::K:(92)

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Cool, maybe I should start learning some PL-combos soon.
I would like to ask two questions reffering to this:
  1. So the input written in brackets shall be done immediatly after the PL, right?
  2. Why is there a :7: after the whiffed input in the Light/Middle combo without wall?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD