Nothing is Guaranteed, Everything is Permitted - Hayate Combo Thread

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
HALP !!! I cant get Hayates :3_:33 to work mid combo !!! I know im high enough,but i keep getting :3:33 instead :( ! What im i doing wrong guys ?!!

TakedaZX

HALP !!! I cant get Hayates :3_:33 to work mid combo !!! I know im high enough,but i keep getting :3:33 instead :( ! What im i doing wrong guys ?!!
Not :3_::3::3::P:, do :6::5::2::3::P:. It takes some getting used to.

The exercise is NH :6::5::2::3::P:, :6::5::2::3::P:, :3::3::KK on Kasumi. Once you can do that, plug it into your CB combos. Once you feel comfortable with that, you'll be able to use it as an actually aggressive move attack outside of combos (like a hook fist with Jin Kazama from Tekken but way slower...)

TakedaZX

214P Mixing up. It's very slow and it only has one option after it which is the unfortunate strength... and weakness. Basically against better players you can bait holds and punish with the 236T or 41236T. If they attack instead, 214p will put them into the air and you can go for a pp6pk juggle. If they simply block two attacks then move, the 50/50 on the sweep vs mid punch end is nice. The sweep is garbage honestly, especially on NH but it's damage. The punch gives a deep lift stun on NH and his highest possible launch height on CH.

They're isn't much else to say.

TakedaZX

Doesn't the sweep put u at like +10 I think tho'?!
Yea but if your opponent happens to be just whacking buttons or at least SEing on purposes, that can dwindle to +4 really quickly. That's the problem.

You expect people to respect that they weren't blocking well or didn't make a good guess, and then bam, you're eating a CH jab or worse, a Hi-Counter hit jab because they decided, "oh I got hit? Let me block with my punch button".

I face this issue a lot, online though. Offline you'll have a better time... but not much better. His sweeps used to behave as they do on CH on NH in DOA4. This gave significant advantage which meant, if you don't SE, I'm getting a guaranteed hit and I can mix you up on that hit as well if you try to run with a hold out of stun, which you did not want to happen. Respect.

So now you're looking to duck and punish my sweeps because if you get caught by one of those, you're gunna feel the pressure. Now because they track and sidestep exist, the sweeps are only +10. I hate this change. Hayate has no pressure, and the sweeps push the opponent to far away on NH for him to really laydown the real pressure...

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
On! I see... I agree and with most of his stuff hitting mid(←_←)its not really helping his mix-up at all either

TakedaZX

Showcasing a new juggle here. This juggle is on par with h3pp, 33kk (might exceed by 1 point of damage). Basically it's full threshold 6p+k~p+k, 4k6k, 33kk. It works indefintely on lightweights. Mid weights on the other hand, might not work. I'm not so sure because I remember saying it doesn't but I just did it on Brad earlier.

Here's the footage. Don't expect great gameplay, these players were ok at best but I was just being abusive.

Omega SYSP

Standard Donor
I didn't know you could connect the 4k6k with that!! normally after the Cb ill go for the staple wind dash combo, but for variation (not the best on damage output i dont think) instead of the wind dash p+k I'll do 8k or 33k launcher then 9p for juggle and end others either 33Kk,pp6pk, pp2kk or ppkk ( for lightweights) ☆

TakedaZX

Well, it's not something I expected either. I like to 8k as well, but post cb the lowest I'd go is going for a Wind Dash K.

8p, ppp, pp6pk is unreliable these days though possible.
33k and 9k don't measure up to 8k but if I do use them, I'm at the wall trying to show off post CB (since 8k splats).
6k gets an exceptionally amazing height but i mix-up with at max threshold and mid threshold because it's a free 8p, pp6pk in all cases and ppkk is interchangeable at max threshold for better damage in the open. It's just really reliable as a launcher and you should use it
4k6k is 2 in1... to use it post cb is ludacris... but if you do, you can land 33KK even though the person looks really low to the ground.
214p/214pp can work as a launcher to for style points. I wish 214P had a wind dash cancel though, just for [more] style points and that's basically it.

Of course there's one more thing to mentiaon. Wall splat launchers should be abused with Hayate... specifically 236p. Against lights and mids, you can manage to get a 8p, pp6pk off of it and possibly a h3pp, 33kk. This comes in handy as well since 236P does loads more damage than a regular launcher. For High spats 9p is fastest, but standing K gives the best wall splat height. For Mid kick... I actually don't know at the moment but I'd roll with 3K. It's pretty reliable. Go test these and see what you can manage to get.

TakedaZX

(Update) So I found something else new. This one is for the advanced mid kick hold. (Special Thanks to Darth-Vader for the idea) I'll start by reminding you guys of my wall friendly bnb from 46h: 4k6k, pp6pk. Vader's bnb: p, 8p, pp6pk. Basically, Vader's bnb does a bit less damage than mine but is a juggle I wasn't used to seeing. I tested it out and decided I'd keep it in my arsenal for showing off... but then it clicked in my head that I could try to combine them. So, I did. 4k6k, pp6pk tops out at 72 damage (+5 wall damage) p, 8p, pp6pk tops out at ?? damage (+5 wall damage) (definitely weaker than, 4k6k) p, 4k6k, pp6pk tops out at 76 damage (+5 wall damage) The issue is p is very specific on how it works. You must be with your back directly to the wall when you intiate 46h. It works especially well when you're in the corner. This is just something to remember when taking the risk with that hold. Peace.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Can someone tell me if this is good for Hayate or bad

• 2or8P+KP: Damage reduced from 32 to 24.
  • 3H+K: Delayable frames adjusted.
  • PP6P4, 6P4, 66P4: Commands changed to PP6P44, 6P44, 66P44.
  • H+KK, PPKK: Guard advantage changed from -11 to -4F.
  • 2K: Normal hit advantage changed from -6 to -3.

Good changes fiend but his flip kick should be changed to something like pp6pp+k+g the problem with a directional input is that it will always interfere with something e.g (defensive hold, back dash and fuzzy guard)

Jaguar360

Flip Kick should have been pp6p4k for the fake out and pp6p4kk for the kick. Meh changes overall, nothing too bad and one or two good things. H+KK being safe is great though.

TakedaZX

No. Only H+KK/PPKK is safe.

Can someone tell me if this is good for Hayate or bad

• 2or8P+KP: Damage reduced from 32 to 24. Bad
  • 3H+K: Delayable frames adjusted. No one knows yet. If the delayable frames are increased, it's good (but unnecessary). If the delay frames that he has (5 frames) are taken away, then it's bad. This change shouldn't have come either way.
  • PP6P4, 6P4, 66P4: Commands changed to PP6P44, 6P44, 66P44. Good, but frankly the move shouldn't really exist. Be that as it may, this is still better than PP6P4 which would screw me over because I like to back off after getting blocked on 6P and 66P. Imagine my face when I see Hayate flip randomly into the air. So yea, I'll take this change. PP6P4P+K definitely would be even better.
  • H+KK, PPKK: Guard advantage changed from -11 to -4F. Good. In fact, it's stupid that it happened so late. That move hasn't launched since DOA4 and it got damage nerfs. It's still underpowered.
  • 2K: Normal hit advantage changed from -6 to -3. I don't like how they went about this. It's better that this kick is safe than unsafe like it was but they should've brought back 2KK instead. At that point he'd have a quick block string knockdown that he can abuse. THEN 2K could stay unsafe (Even though the punish is breakable).

Leave the safe 2K for Ryu. God knows he needs it but half of what TN just has to do is bring back some old good tools that Hayate had and old properties.
These are my opinions, some agree and some don't but it's fine. I don't like these changes beyond 6P4 to 6P44 and H+KK being safe.

What do I think should have been done?

http://takedazxdoa.blogspot.com/2013/08/hayate-got-buffed.html

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD