Nothing is Guaranteed, Everything is Permitted - Hayate Combo Thread

Murakame

Great stuff man! I'd also like to reiterate what you said about P. While it is a very low damaging move to extend stuns with it indeed grants some of the best frame advantage in stun even when the opponent is slow escaping. You get like 25 or more frames to work with its so good.

Nereus

Standard Donor
If your stun is deep enough you can do :4: :K: then BT :4: :K: for a guaranteed :8: :P: launcher

Murakame

Also if Hayate's CB is a mid punch then there is absolutely no reason to do a mid punch launch at the max threshold unless the stun doesn't allow for CB. This is because if the mid punch launcher connects then the CB would have surely connected and granted you aditional damage.

TakedaZX

Also if Hayate's CB is a mid punch then there is absolutely no reason to do a mid punch launch at the max threshold unless the stun doesn't allow for CB. This is because if the mid punch launcher connects then the CB would have surely connected and granted you aditional damage.
Well while there is truth in that, there's one thing you overlooked:

8p - i16
CB - i19

Yea it's a 3 frame difference in speed but sometimes that can make all the difference. Generally though you do want to avoid 8p at the end of the threshold though, but if you're doing small juggle to finish off a round, it can be of use.

Nate

If your stun is deep enough you can do :4: :K: then BT :4: :K: for a guaranteed :8: :P: launcher

I'm not able to make this happen. If I try something like :9::P:, :P:, :4::K:, :F:, :4::K: *sit down stun* they recover from the stun with stagger escape quicker than you can follow-up with anything.

Am I doin' it wrong?

Nereus

Standard Donor
I'm not able to make this happen. If I try something like :9::P:, :P:, :4::K:, :F:, :4::K: *sit down stun* they recover from the stun with stagger escape quicker than you can follow-up with anything.

Am I doin' it wrong?
Yea your probably doing it wrong.... Is the person in critical stun (red)? I put the CPU to use stagger escape (fast) and it worked every time

TakedaZX

It'd help people out a lot if it worked better for some characters as opposed to others. You can escape anything from Hayate really.

Leady?

Recorded on my phone. Please excuse the fidelity (ˇ一ˇ)

1. 3P,3K,6P,8K,66K,K,K (83dmg) In the vid, I wasn't crouching at the start, so no stun, meaning it din't ~combine~ but you get the point lol. Not gonna re-record.
2. 8P+K,P,9P,7P,3P,P,P,P,P (88dmg)
3. 9P,7P,3P,6K,9K,K,K (91dmg)
4. 6P,6P,6P,6P,6K,6K,P,P,P,P (101dmg)[/media]

TakedaZX

Recorded on my phone. Please excuse the fidelity (ˇ一ˇ)

1. 3P,3K,6P,8K,66K,K,K (83dmg) In the vid, I wasn't crouching at the start, so no stun, meaning it din't ~combine~ but you get the point lol. Not gonna re-record.
2. 8P+K,P,9P,7P,3P,P,P,P,P (88dmg)
3. 9P,7P,3P,6K,9K,K,K (91dmg)
4. 6P,6P,6P,6P,6K,6K,P,P,P,P (101dmg)[/media]

There you go, you're getting the point. To be effective with Hayate, there's no real bar on what his combos are (outside of following up the lows and 1k because there are special conditions with those.

Leady?

There you go, you're getting the point. To be effective with Hayate, there's no real bar on what his combos are (outside of following up the lows and 1k because there are special conditions with those.
^ω^ I just spent lotsa time in training mode since I have nobody to play offline n no internet installed in my barracks yet. Possibly a good thing or else I might've been better tempted to skimp out on it.

I'd hope Allan Paris has something to add to it as well since he's the best Hayate I've seen so far.
He have a YouTube page?

Nate

:6::P::K: isn't necessarily unsafe. If you try to duck a throw, you will get grabbed. If you attack, you will HCH. Apparently, it takes 1 frame to duck.

TakedaZX

:6::P::K: isn't necessarily unsafe. If you try to duck a throw, you will get grabbed. If you attack, you will HCH. Apparently, it takes 1 frame to duck.
It's more than that, it's about... 3 frames because otherwise Hitomi would be able to duck after 236k which is -1 yet Tina can always grab her, I think 5 frame grabbers can do the same.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD