• Dead or Alive 7

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Ninja Gaiden 4

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Nioh 3

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Kasumi-Phase-X

I voted for Nioh 3, as much as I would love another DOA. I would prefer if KT sticks to Nioh or Souls-Like Games to be their only bread & butter for Worldwide audience, but keep the DOA franchise in Japan & Asia only.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I voted for Nioh 3, as much as I would love another DOA. I would prefer if KT sticks to Nioh or Souls-Like Games to be their only bread & butter for Worldwide audience, but keep the DOA franchise in Japan & Asia only.

So, the people that care about the competitive scene should suffer and not get another chance to play because a compromise for all of your desires can't be met.

HHH816

another reason sega being extra careful with the release of vf6 , these social justice warrior will harass sega for having outdated character roster trope

i know Team Ninja doesn't like being restrained creatively

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
another reason sega being extra careful with the release of vf6 , these social justice warrior will harass sega for having outdated character roster trope

i know Team Ninja doesn't like being restrained creatively

But yet Sony has been choking them out for the past seven years.

Kasumi-Phase-X

So, the people that care about the competitive scene should suffer and not get another chance to play because a compromise for all of your desires can't be met.
This has nothing to do with the competitive scene (not certain why you had to drag the scene in it, because I didn't mention them), this has to do with how KT handles their worldwide releases, and I would prefer if DOA fighting game to follow the path of DOAX games (DOAX3 & DOAXVV) which those games are only available in Japan & Asia along with not wanting another repeat of DOA6.

The only thing the competitive scene would be missing is if they only buy their games from stores like GameStop, only have their regional accounts (no extra accounts for foreign regions), doesn't know Play-Asia or what VPNs are.

Last edited:

DOAWorld Castaway

I really want an anthology release of DOA 1-4. I want an opportunity to show Tecmo with my wallet what I want out of a DOA game.

When Capcom released that disastrous DMC reboot, I and a bunch of people ignored it and then went out and bought the Devil May Cry trilogy collection when that was released later on. We were rewarded with Devil May Cry 5.

The DOA 5s and 6 were so far off the mark of what I wanted out of a DOA game that I have zero interest in a DOA 7.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I really want an anthology release of DOA 1-4. I want an opportunity to show Tecmo with my wallet what I want out of a DOA game.

When Capcom released that disastrous DMC reboot, I and a bunch of people ignored it and then went out and bought the Devil May Cry trilogy collection when that was released later on. We were rewarded with Devil May Cry 5.

The DOA 5s and 6 were so far off the mark of what I wanted out of a DOA game that I have zero interest in a DOA 7.
They don’t want to return to Itagaki’s vision on anything and I think DOAD is the closest thing we will get to an anthology.

I think a DOA3 remake with online could be discussed, but only because it’s the game with the most requests and the bigger buzz of the older games.

DOAWorld Castaway

Are we sure about that? Shimbori is gone and DOA3 and 4 outsold the DOA5's. True they made a hella of a lot more money through DLC but if we're talking about individuals willing to pay to play, DOA 3 and 4 were more sucessful. Both 3 and 4 sold 2 million units each, despite being on one console. DOA 5, Ultimate, Last Round and Vita combined pushed about 1.5 million units... but that is not individuals that includes crazies like me that bought the game 3 separate times... despite hating it.... What can I say? It's really hard to let go!! (I understand corefighters makes this argument alot more muddled but I think there is value in looking at people that were willing to pay full price for a premium product)

I know it's a pipe dream, espescially with Hayashi still with the company. I've had to say goodbye to Final Fantasy and I really, really didn't want to say goodbye to DOA... but I'm kinda of at that same point when it's been over a decade since they've made anything I've enjoyed..... guesss I should pick up a new hobby... like reading... or fishing.... oooh! Maybe reading while I fish.
They don’t want to return to Itagaki’s vision....

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Also keep in mind that DOA3 was a launch title on XBOX and that DOA4 didn’t trail far behind 360’s launch when people were short of a huge variety of games to choose from.

DOA5 and DOA6 were far beyond more financially successful through the FTP business schematic. Deluxe Edition and Normal physical release sales were basically a bonus.

TheHunterKiller692

The Team NINJA goals were not very specific at all; and it's because we are going to officially see where their game universe is going. It's entirely possibly they will bend the knee to Sony if Sony asks for another Nioh. Wo Long is wrapped up and complete, and Ronin does not have an announced Season Pass so now is the time to request NINJA Gaiden or Dead or Alive.
You have no imagination. What makes you think DOA 7's around the corner? I'd rather wait till either NG4 comes out or the cancer in the FGC is removed, namely the SF and Tekken diehards (MK and KI fans can stay.), or people realize that changes should be made. And as a commmunity rep, you're terrible. You flip-flop when it's convenient and crave absolute power.

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
You have no imagination. What makes you think DOA 7's around the corner? I'd rather wait till either NG4 comes out or the cancer in the FGC is removed, namely the SF and Tekken diehards (MK and KI fans can stay.), or people realize that changes should be made. And as a commmunity rep, you're terrible. You flip-flop when it's convenient and crave absolute power.
I disagree, I think DOAN is an excellent community rep.

He isn't a selfish, narrow-minded asswipe (unlike some people on this forum) and he isn't a cowardly, delusional backstabber (unlike other people on this forum).

TheHunterKiller692

I disagree, I think DOAN is an excellent community rep.
I'm not convinced, but let's assume he's right for a bit.

I just don't feel like a fighting game person, but volunteered when others were busy. Especially because his articles are way longer than they should be and he keeps getting in his own way.

If he also got offended over a character he liked being considered for deletion, he should be made fun of.

TheHunterKiller692

Bro, take a chill pill.
I'm taking meds, but it doesn't change my opinion.

What COULD is how the next DOA can push the envelope.
Are we sure about that? Shimbori is gone and DOA3 and 4 outsold the DOA5's. I know it's a pipe dream, espescially with Hayashi still with the company.
I'm conflicted myself, because on reflection, 5 and 6 weren't exactly crowd-pleasers, but knowing Itagaki would become an unlikable character in of himself, he would've done nothing to fix the problems of either game.

TheHunterKiller692

Keep in mind that DOA3 was a launch title on XBOX and that DOA4 didn’t trail far behind 360’s launch. DOA5 and DOA6 were far beyond more financially successful through the FTP business schematic.
Yes and no. Yes, the FTP model proved to have a profit, and it proved to keep the company afloat.
However, if you get past me being a curmudgeon, I've done enough research via Japanese Twitter to ensure that Kasumi and Honoka are considered to be mainstays in their half of the community, thus nullifying the backlash from the other half and further making it clear the older games worked, despite Itagaki's meddling.

TheHunterKiller692

So, the people that care about the competitive scene shouldn't get another chance to play because a compromise for all of your desires can't be met.
Not necessarily. A recent Famitsu study by the Japanese Esports Union shows their esports are on the up-and-up. So, if anyone in the esports scene can talk about the competitive scene, it's best to start small.
I would prefer if KT kept the DOA franchise in Japan only.
I'm pretty sure that importing all the games would've been a bitch in of itself. Not to mention the possibility that Itagaki could've had a Gamecube DOA release in Japan and still have enough money from Xbox in both regions to make more games.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Not necessarily. A recent Famitsu study by the Japanese Esports Union shows their esports are on the up-and-up. So, if anyone in the esports scene can talk about the competitive scene, it's best to start small.

I'm pretty sure that importing all the games would've been a bitch in of itself. Not to mention the possibility that Itagaki could've had a Gamecube DOA release in Japan and still have enough money from Xbox in both regions to make more games.
What did you think I was saying?

Yes and no. Yes, the FTP model proved to have a profit, and it proved to keep the company afloat.
However, if you get past me being a curmudgeon, I've done enough research via Japanese Twitter to ensure that Kasumi and Honoka are considered to be mainstays in their half of the community, thus nullifying the backlash from the other half and further making it clear the older games worked, despite Itagaki's meddling.
I don’t understand. What does Kasumi and Honoka’s popularity have to do with the older games working?

Honoka was introduced in Last Round and made that game a ton of money just for the people that wanted to DL Core Fighters and buy Marie and her.

TheHunterKiller692

I don’t understand. What does Kasumi's popularity have to do with the older games working? What did you think I was saying?
I legit thought that you forgot what Phase X was saying, that Kasumi is popular cuz she's a fashion model, in essence. Why else would people pick her every game?
Honoka made DOA5LR a shitload of money just for the people that wanted to DL Core Fighters and buy Marie and her.
Well, Marie shouldn't even be there, for reasons already discussed, and at least Honoka on her own would actually be able to win a fight.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I legit thought that you forgot what Phase X was saying, that Kasumi is popular cuz she's a fashion model, in essence. Why else would people pick her every game?

Well, Marie shouldn't even be there, for reasons already discussed, and at least Honoka on her own would actually be able to win a fight.

Right. :rolleyes: Yeah, it's all making sense now. Thanks for that overwhelmingly informative post.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD