Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It's possible, but I believe not practical, to trick up a wake-up kick attempt where the opponent wakes up the wrong way.
:1::P::P::P::P+K::P+K:

Also, you can get some pseudo force techs if you launch at critical into hiten :P::P::P+K::2::H+P: by landing the ground throw or getting +5 advantage if they tech.

LightSonic

Just a heads-up...
Nyotengu can combo into her OTG throws if you use a Power Blow in certain environments.
A video will be provided momentarily.

EDIT:

Summary:
Nyotengu's OTG throws from 9P~2T or Hiten-no-Mai 2T are typically utilized in very specific situations: That being a wall combo, to catch the opponent sleeping on the ground post-knockdown, or for "style" points.
Opponents may or may not tech a knockdown. Anything can happen.
Now, there is another way to guarantee Nyotengu's OTG throw.
(Note: If this is already a well known fact, then please forgive me. I'm definitely not exactly the most "knowledgeable" player here, mainly coming from KOF... For the time being just here me out and correct me on anything wrong, just for the sake of integrity.)

You land a Power Blow and you manage to conduct an environmental combo.
THE OPPONENT CANNOT TECH A KNOCKDOWN AFTER THE FACT. They have to get up regularly. This means that Nyotengu can get potentially big damage off of her OTG throws, landing them after conducting a Power Blow combo in certain environments.

Within the video, you will understand what this implies.
(Please, excuse the low voice audio...)

I knew about this. It is a good thing to take note of for a few things. However, in my opinion, I'd say it's only good for Super Heavy weights and also if you just want to finish off a round. But, for the situations shown in the video, I just go for the combo PPP > 7KP since there's no timing required and you get more damage.

And, also the position the combo PPP > 7KP will leave your opponent in on Hot Zone puts them near a corner which I feel is pretty good. On Scramble, I just use the combo for them to get hit into the car and trigger another danger zone. The OTG throw is also guaranteed on the Fireworks stage's bomb danger zone. The best option here though is to use PPP > T because there's just about no timing needed here as well. (This is also a more damaging combo for the Hot Zone special danger zone, but here it requires some timing to pull off.)

So, for the most part, it is best to go for the combo. However, on the special danger zone in Sanctuary, I think the OTG throw is the best option to go with. This is because you can't combo off of that danger zone easily. So, I personally go for this option there because I will land it a lot more consistently.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It is too early to announce any Naotora move situations or any in that particular matter. For all we know, a Naotora player can release two highs and then a mid punch deep stun. (Yes some of her punches are in fact good within a stun threshold.) The fact of the matter is, we can't determine any sorts of match up right away. We can't use training as a definite source to how a Naotora player can make an approach.

You mention some Naotora's will poke you with 8P? I'll have to say that the move 8P is a terrible poke for startup because it only stuns on CH and you can get blown for it because the overall move is slow and can also be stepped, the opponent could throw a neutral GB (+0) or even a -1 GB and Naotora can still get blown up for using 8P as a startup. A lot of players play differently and make mistakes more differently than others. When it comes to match up, you can't toss scenarios of what other players do, match up comes from the tools at their disposal and how often can the other cast can bypass this or can't bypass this. You could mention "Nyotengu can throw in 2P/2PP right here." because it's from a player situation, this can be bad because you might provide a "habit" situation that can cost Nyotengu players. Did you know that Naotora can jump over lows that also provides a +4 GB? H+K from Naotora will also crush Nyotengu's 2PP that will provide her with a free launch, see what I mean?

So far, she has recovery move issues on block/hit to where the opponent can actually backdash and avoid certain attacks after blocking a few. (This is what I mean, this is a bypass trick that the other characters can use for advantage so this is viable in match up discussions.) Moves from Naotora players is different random ideas from both Nyotengu and Naotora and just a random factor. For all we know, the advantage can pay for Naotora greatly because of Nyotengu's block problems for advantage and overall character speed. Did you know that Rig's Bending Stance 7K is +1 (Uncharged) on Nyotengu but neutral on everybody else? did you know that Christie gets a guaranteed H+K from her charging GB at mid distance on Nyotengu? Christie can even get a guaranteed 9P free stun from the GB mid distance and even if the 9P is not spot on guaranteed hit from the GB advantage, it's even neutral on block. What I am saying is....let's not jump to any sorts of starting conclusions because you may not find it via tournaments either. (Naotora can get blown up from the first tournament not because of the character, but because of the players with how well they play their main characters overall that Naotora may not even survive from just being unfamiliar, but we can't also determine based on what other players will do since most play differently than others, it's tool-wise from what you are looking for...which is too early to find out.)

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Then forget about it. Post deleted. Everyone's happy. I think the correct term was counter poking when I was mentioning 8P. But, that's... out of the question. No point in me addressing it now.

EDIT:
Actually, that goes for everything else well.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Apologies if you think I was being harsh as written words from the forum can't exactly show 100% if I was being negative/positive. Was not being negative towards you but rather just pointing something out. When it comes to match ups, you want to find what makes the character great and it's flaws as UncleKitchener pointed one out. One of the flaws so far is the recovery of certain strings as well as certain bad advantage when trying to FC certain moves or completely block them. You can literally backdash from certain moves after blocking them which may cause the Naotora player to whiff if they continue the string, giving more disadvantage for free guaranteeds from the other opponent. Unsure if it's a rushed design frame advantage situations or just overall intentional.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

- P+K is now i10(3)23 (used to be i11(3)23)
- 4H+K [Max Charge] is now increased from +8 to +13
- Back Turned K has been changed into a GB, it is now -3 (used to be -15)

Thank fucking God, she's far more safer than before. Yeah 4H+K isn't all that useful at max charge past messing with someone(I think), the other changes are something she needed for quite some time.
Maybe turn her into a Heavyweight on top of that too lol.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
- P+K is now i10(3)23 (used to be i11(3)23)
- 4H+K [Max Charge] is now increased from +8 to +13
- Back Turned K has been changed into a GB, it is now -3 (used to be -15)

Thank fucking God, she's far more safer than before. Yeah 4H+K isn't all that useful at max charge past messing with someone(I think), the other changes are something she needed for quite some time.
Maybe turn her into a Heavyweight on top of that too lol.
Holy...
These are some really awesome buffs. I also tend to use 4 (and BT 4K) after smacking the opponent with 4P. Such as the power of the female tengu...

Codemaster92163

It's VERY big. Consider how it'll change up her wall pressure game for a moment.

You already have 66T, which is wonderful. Now, you can use 9K > H+K for a guaranteed P+K, rather than just +12 frames. That's HUGE. It completely revamps her wall pressure.

Then, it also changes what she can safely attack after and crush. Lei's K no longer out-prioritize her, all i10 jabbers have to plan accordingly now (Gen's only option now is 1 or 2P at the start of the match, since every other move of his will be beaten out by P+K), and it's now slightly more feasible to use it after small negatives like 66K, since they'll basically have to use one of their fastest moves to beat you out.

This will be an even better tool than it's ever been. The new synergies with Hiten H+K (and, if it's now possible that BT KK causes a guard lock as it very well may given the new frames, then that as well), will really help her to improve her offensive capabilities even more.

I was honestly hoping for 4K and PK to be safe, but this is a very nice buff.

GarryJaune

It's VERY big. Consider how it'll change up her wall pressure game for a moment.

You already have 66T, which is wonderful. Now, you can use 9K > H+K for a guaranteed P+K, rather than just +12 frames. That's HUGE. It completely revamps her wall pressure.

Then, it also changes what she can safely attack after and crush. Lei's K no longer out-prioritize her, all i10 jabbers have to plan accordingly now (Gen's only option now is 1 or 2P at the start of the match, since every other move of his will be beaten out by P+K), and it's now slightly more feasible to use it after small negatives like 66K, since they'll basically have to use one of their fastest moves to beat you out.

This will be an even better tool than it's ever been. The new synergies with Hiten H+K (and, if it's now possible that BT KK causes a guard lock as it very well may given the new frames, then that as well), will really help her to improve her offensive capabilities even more.

I was honestly hoping for 4K and PK to be safe, but this is a very nice buff.
If I'm not mistaken,nyo tengu 9K HK is GB(11) in most of cases

GB(+12) needs a very strict range

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Huh, actually it's the opposite. It's +12 in most cases, close or far, but +11 when pinned against a wall.

Which I honestly didn't know. As soon as I saw it was +12, I knew nothing was guaranteed from it. It's a shame that it loses a frame when at a wall...

Last edited:

GarryJaune

Huh, actually it's the opposite. It's +12 in most cases, close or far, but +11 when pinned against a wall.

Which I honestly didn't know. As soon as I saw it was +12, I knew nothing was guaranteed from it. It's a shame that it loses a frame when at a wall...
tested,you are right,so...yeah,she still can't guardbreak that easily in middle attacks when against a wall

:(sad

Codemaster92163

Maybe we can get a setup with spacing after 66T that results in a +12 off of 9K > H+K. I'll probably tinker around with walls and see if there's any good setups to avoid losing that additional frame, though at the moment it seems difficult to manage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD