Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

v1ltt1

Anyone noticed that her wings stopped working after the newest patch? shes even more lame now and i didnt think that was possible.
Or is it just my game, even the GET READY, FIGHT/ KO /GREAT / GREATEST texts have disappeared from the game lol

:tengu:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Anyone noticed that her wings stopped working after the newest patch? shes even more lame now and i didnt think that was possible.
Or is it just my game, even the GET READY, FIGHT/ KO /GREAT / GREATEST texts have disappeared from the game lol

:tengu:

Others mentioned the issue with her wings. I haven't experienced it myself, since it's been awhile since I played, but it's pretty depressing to hear about this. I don't know how they could have overlooked something like that in testing. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.

As for your other issue, go into to the area in the options where you can adjust the info that appears on screen (like the frame data). There should be an option called "Fight Messages" or something like that. Set it to "ON."

v1ltt1

As for your other issue, go into to the area in the options where you can adjust the info that appears on screen (like the frame data). There should be an option called "Fight Messages" or something like that. Set it to "ON."

Ok thanks i didnt know theres such an option. I wonder why it has changed by itself

Uberprinny

LINE! Why am I avenging that funny tengu with a Japanese version of the french maid outfit again? I just came hear for um....birdwatching! Oh look a black breasted honey sucker!

Anywho, I wish I can use nyotengu's full potential. The problem is lag and the fact that every character in the game speed>nyotengu's speed. So I result to fighting dirty cuz hey if Ayane can have shinanigans well so can I.

Last edited:

CrudeRaven

LINE! Why am I avenging that funny tengu with a Japanese version of the french maid outfit again? I just came hear for um....birdwatching! Oh look a black breasted honey sucker!

Anywho, I wish I can use nyotengu's full potential. The problem is lag and the fact that every character in the game speed>nyotengu's speed. So I result to fighting dirty cuz hey if Ayane can have shinanigans well so can I.
Tengu and lag is the most sadistic thing ive ever seen... God forbid its against Helena or something...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's a i10 high that's also unsafe but an issue trying to throw it because of the quick recovery, yet the game states it's well over 20 recovery.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Its like 35+ on hit i think. Is it less?

On block it's unsafe. It's technically a free throw. It's usually a buffering latency or how the move oddly looks in animation performing it that makes it seem like it's safe.

I even had cases where an opponent did it twice in a match after performing the first one on block and then immediately doing it again beating out an i13 mid, which isn't exactly possible due to the added negatives from performing it on block in the first place.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ohh. Yeah -12 on block I believe. No one ever punishes me on most of my moves though...

Yeah if they choose not to then yeah, it's kinda their fault so you deserved it. Though some of these moves isn't worth throw punishing if people play over the net. It is rather risky than hard if that makes sense.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Back in the good ol' bad days, P+K was i13 and -8 on block. I don't think I was ever thrown after block. -8 is unsafe, but it's a small enough window to allow lag to make it safe. Trying to punish it with an -7 throw was likely to fail, so you'd have to be super quick about doing a neutral throw instead, which is breakable. But really, the entirety of the animation is so fast that I think most people simply couldn't react to it quick enough.

Nowadays, it's i10 and -12 on block. That's a pretty huge buff in speed and a pretty big nerf in safety. Nevertheless, I still rarely see this punished. Again, I believe that the animation as a whole is just too fast for a lot of people to realize they can punish it in time.

I even had cases where an opponent did it twice in a match after performing the first one on block and then immediately doing it again beating out an i13 mid, which isn't exactly possible due to the added negatives from performing it on block in the first place.

Yup. This worked back in the day way more often than it should have simply because people were usually too slow to react to it. It wasn't super rare for me to throw out P+K again immediately after having it blocked and still score a hit. This should still work with Nyo too because even though she gained 4 frames of recovery, it's still a very fast animation overall. Not that I necessarily promote the idea of attacking from disadvantage, but if you want to mess with this for shits and giggles, you'll probably score more counter hits for being dumb than you'd think.

CrudeRaven

The P+K is good and all but i cant seem to rely on it in neutral as most people will just crush me to hell...
Ayane and Helena in particular..

Chapstick

I can throw punish Helena's flappy hands every time with Alpha's 2T which is a 1 frame punish in even the worst connection but I cannot for the life of me throw punish Nyotengu's P+K online with an i7
The P+K is good and all but i cant seem to rely on it in neutral as most people will just crush me to hell...
Ayane and Helena in particular..
If someone keeps high/mid crushing in neutral use 2P(P) or 6P(PP)

Uberprinny

Its true that my....I mean...our saving grace is p+k but if people have eagle or sniper eyes they can high counter hold that stuff. Its great for knocking doors. Also helps with stopping forward strikes and momentum. We can t always throw it freely like our mid punch stuff so advance with caution.

Last edited:

CrudeRaven

I don't think anyone is holding 10 frame strikes on reaction.
No be it becomes a mind game which is basically all of doa and thats my weak point, honestly... Give me enough time i can learn or come up with any combo i want, but actually using the damn things online? Forget about that stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD