Nyotengu Wishlist

synce

Haha yeah that was one of the first things I tried.

Another cool thing they could add is a unique wake up animation like Alpha. It's weird that she gets up normally when she could use her wings instead

Codemaster92163

So after using her nearly nonstop since release and several hundred matches with her, I've figured out a few weaknesses of hers that can easily be exploited.

1.) Her lack of safety on most every finished string and pretty much every free cancel is extremely problematic. It's great that some of her moves can transition into GBs, but take her standard :P: strings for instance....

The only real threat anyone has to deal with is if she goes for the high GB or the low sweeps. The high GB isn't a huge threat to the opponent, though they may have to guess if you'll use Hiten :H+P: or another Hiten attack after it. This is remedied by simply blocking low to avoid both the GBs and the sweeps. Her :P::P::P: and :P::P::K: strings are all unsafe, meaning the opponent is left in a good position in almost any situation if they either guess to stay blocking mid or to duck. Even if the low sweeps hit, they're not frightening in the least, as they don't leave any stun large enough to get real damage, and again, are extremely unsafe. There's no point really in blocking the second low sweep since the stun and damage is nearly worthless while the mid kick launch/stun is the only threat. It only becomes decent when they're low on health and they have to guess where you'll go.

2.) Her speed is dismal, and coupled with her weight, she will get counter hit more often than most characters and take more damage as a result of her weight. Super heavies receive mitigated damage thanks to juggling limitations, but Nyo doesn't benefit from that, though suffers the same fate of having difficulty starting an offensive.

3.) 6T is much worse than Bass' or Hitomi's (especially Zack's and Mila's) because of how far it knocks the opponent away. None of the moves she has that can reach that far track (apart from H+K which is incredibly risky with how unsafe it is), and the damage is fairly poor. It's good when near a wall, but take for instance fighting Leifang (which I've also had a lot of experience with). Even at + frames, Lei can evade every move I would otherwise use after it with 1P+K or a simple SS. It would be one thing to give it minimal damage, but her throws are all powerful except for this one, and there's not even a guaranteed hit after like like Zack and Mila. It's not that it's the worst punish throw in the game, but why it pushes the opponent so far back with little damage and options after it is beyond me.

4.) All of her SDS (bar BT 4K) are silly. Hiten :2::K: doesn't even extend the stun enough to get a single hit in after if the opponent SEs, making the one mid with any combo potential pathetic. 6P+K can be used to good effect, but again, nothing is guaranteed after it, and a SE opponent can shake the stun fast enough to end the combo right then. Her _:2:_:H+K::K::K: can be decent when the opponent is low on life (since the second kick connecting guarantees the third with a small SDS), but once again, you're left with no followups and have to start the offensive again which is difficult for a slow, unsafe character.

I'm not saying each one of these problems needs to be dealt with (characters should have some weaknesses, it's a given), but compare her to most any other character you use, and you'll see she could use a little work to limit her riskiness.

For instance, perhaps make the third hit in :P::P::6::P: a mid instead of being a high like :P::P::4::P:, and if not, maybe allow :P::P::K: and :P::P::P: to be safe. Increase the stun duration on Hiten :2::K: or increase the SDS duration to guarantee a launch. The same can be said of :6::P+K: and its string variant. :6::6::K: could benefit from slightly longer range (and tracking, though that might be asking too much) and do something wiht :6::H+P: so it's not overshadowed by those of characters intended to be much weaker.

This is a wishlist, not an "I demand this be done now" list, so these are all things I would like to see on Nyo, not things I need to see. That said, she can be limited by these flaws, especially against faster characters and those with even mild evasion (Lei, Christie, etc.).

Last edited:

Intelligent Alpha

Haha yeah that was one of the first things I tried.

Another cool thing they could add is a unique wake up animation like Alpha. It's weird that she gets up normally when she could use her wings instead

No, cause players will never let it happen! Alpha's beyond an example! And I did say she's AA fodder! :)

just_me

Standard Donor
Well here's my wish list... obviously nothing will happen, but whatever XD

I think it might be more interesting to just increase her offence instead of e.g. increasing her weight, or speeding her up... a bit like Alpha, but not as retarded lol

Less pushback on most GBs, especially :4::P: and Hiten :H+K:

:P::P::6::P: change the stun to something useful.
:P::P::K: make it safe at least... -3 or something

:9::P: allow Hiten :P+K: from her flaps, as :6::P+K:, or :9:[:P:] (can't delay stuff from Karasu-Tobi anyway)

:8::P::P: make the 2nd:P: one frame faster, that should turn this into a NC

:6::P::P::P: make 3rd :P: 1-2F faster (or increase guard stun of the 2nd :P: ), so it either makes the 3rd :P: unholdable, or a forced block, if the 2nd attack is blocked. Decrease disadv. to -3 or better, while we are at it :p

:6::6::P: new :P::P: ender (:6::P+K::P:)

:2::P::P: NC plz... change 2nd :P: from Critical Hit to something with solid advantage (e.g. +6). Less pushback for first :P: if it causes a Critical Hit

:4::K:/:P::K: GB(0), or at least safe...

:9::K: GB(+5) SDS(+19), remove wall splat.

:6::K: any sort of cancel would be cool imo... e.g. :h: to just perfom a roll. Add Close Hit Properties.

:3::K::K: change to SDS(+17).
Maybe increase speed by 1 frame and reduce :3::P: speed by 1 frame

:P+K: change to Faint Stun that guarantees something (not :3::P:) on HCH/post Critical

:6::P+K: change follow up interval to 25~39 (from 29~37) that allows her to actually pick up more adv. from a :P: cancel. Not quite enough for a guaranteed :6::P: after the SDS I think, so increase stun duration a little. Latest cancel should allow throw to connect on a blocking opponent. Maybe add Close Hit Properties to this as well.

Hiten :P+K: change disadv. to -9. So it's no longer attack punishable... guess having it throw punishable, if blocked near a wall, is OK. Add Close Hit properties

Hiten :2::K: improve SDS to at least +17. It's 17F already, give the move CB props, because stance CBs are always nice.

I'd like to see more Hiten cancels in general, to improve in mixup a bit.
:8::P::P:::P+K: guess that should boost near wall dmg a tiny bit.

Cancels after all her sweeps just like her :1::P: string. Might guarantee ([:2:]:H+K:):K::K:::P+K:~HIT :2::H+P: ?

Maybe :7::P::P+K: and :7::K::P+K: for random shenanigans?

I still kinda like my :3::K::K::K: string idea lol might be too much with the :9::K: and HIT :2::K: change though... increasing the dmg of the 2nd+3rd :K: to exceed max crit Dmg should fix that. Make string interruptable

:6::H+P: increase Dmg to 45, at least decrease pushback, or increase OH range. Should not require any sort of dash to connect. Guess it might be a bit mucht if the opponent stays within general throw range.

Allow her fly away taunt from Hiten and late cancels into Hiten from that taunt, for improved trolling XD

Well that's it. Should not be too OP...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD