Nyotengu Wishlist

Codemaster92163

So our favorite winged demon has been out for a while now, and while she's a great addition to the roster, I know that many people (myself included) have a few issues with some of her moves and their properties. Just post what properties you think should be changed/why or what moves you want added/removed and why.

:9::K: - It looks like it has such great potential, but the lack of options from the forced Hiten transition, the petty +2 that she's granted, and the fact that it always bounds on all but NH (which almost never happens) and leaves shitty followups in :P+K: or :2::K: makes it pretty terrible. It looks cool, and if the frames were increased as well as the auto-bound property removed - maybe if it were replaced with a SDS on crouching opponents and a normal belly stun on CH and above, it would be pretty cool.

:3::K::K: - The first kick itself isn't really that bad. It's a decent mid stun with a followup. The issue is that the followup really doesn't leave Tengu with many options to follow it. Unless used near the end of a combo, you actually can't follow it up with anything really, and even when you get a high launch from it, your only decent options are :7::K::P: and her air throw, neither of which can compete with choosing the :H+K: launch instead. Not only that, but the final followup kick was removed as well, which while not detrimental, is a bit saddening.

Return of the old :2::H+K: - It's certainly something I could live without, but I miss being able to do two low sweeps then hop into several mids. Back in DOA4, you could do two low kicks, two mid kicks, then end it with a mid punch. This made people try to guess when and where you were going to end your string, sort of like Zack's :2:/:3::K: strings. It's something I can do without as I said, especially considering how good it might be in this game, but this is a -wishlist- after all.

Longer unholdable frames after :4::P: - This one's not a huge issue, but it's now a move where if the opponent spams counter instantly, they can always evade several options that follow it. They don't need to add a ton of unholdable frames (just 1 or 2 would do) to make it so people can't just instantly counter and avoid most all guessing, so I don't think this one is asking for too much.

Like everyone one else has said past this, the removal of the wall splat from her :8::P: string would be great.

Improved frames on Hiten :2::K:. Now, this isn't a bad move really, but considering it's one of only two mids from Hiten (the other being :P+K: which just pushes the opponent away) and the only that continues the stun, they could have at least made it so we have some followup to it. As it stands, anyone who can SE well will evade all potential followups to this move, making it pretty damn sad as people can just low counter spam when she enters Hiten and not really fear anything except for :2::T:. This move has potential, and if the duration of the stun were increased, it could be great to use mid-combo. Also, maybe make it neutral on block? Just a thought.

Maybe an additional way to enter Hiten off of a blocked hit. So far, :9::K: is the only way to do it, and I've already said why it's a bad move, along with the third hit in her :P::P::6::P: string, which isn't quite practical as it's a third hit in a string of highs. Maybe allow her to enter it from blocked :1::P:s?

Last edited:

HoodsXx

Imo, she's been out for 4 days... Until people have been using her in high level play for at least 3-4 months she's perfectly fine as she is. She's not meant to be an up-close monster anyways. Take it with a grain of salt, but really she plays like a better more refined Ein than anything else. That's my two cents on this anyways.

DontForkWitMe

still too early to really request anything major other than she definitely needs to be a super heavy. someone that slow has no business being a middle weight. I mean even Leon can out pressure her up close even from his -1 GBs he can beat out everything she has with 3p/6k other than her P+K which is a single hit unsafe high that can be i10 throw punished.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Honestly I have no problem with Nyo's weight as-is.

Things I'd like to see:
-Return of 3KKK
-9PPP not being a wall-splat
-PPK back (fuck y'all, I want it)
-Better options from 9K
-For her fan to stop disappearing and shit for no reason
-A beard
-Necrotengu costume

Other than that, I'm content for now.

Last edited:

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Imo, she's been out for 4 days... Until people have been using her in high level play for at least 3-4 months she's perfectly fine as she is. She's not meant to be an up-close monster anyways. Take it with a grain of salt, but really she plays like a better more refined Ein than anything else. That's my two cents on this anyways.

This.

Just continue learning the character, it is way too early for anything else.

Codemaster92163

You don't need months to have taken time with some of the moves and to learn their uses. Everything else aside, we know :9::K: is pretty lackluster and its uses after stun are almost nonexistent. Wall splat removal from :8::P: string is an ease of life change and the additional unholdable frame or 2 from :4::P: is to make sure counter spammers can't just avoid options by spamming.

The other things are personal preferences of mine when comparing her to the old Tengu.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
That's implying Ayane isn't really different from her DOA4 and DOA5 Vanilla iterations, when she actually is. I know this because I've spent time with the character. What you experience now is a first glance, you may notice something different later as you make further explorations with this character. And no one is going to find everything or a ton of everything within a single day or week.

From everything I've read, you folks are just going by what Tengu had and could do in older titles and what you notice from Nyo at the moment.

Give it time.

Darth Lotonic X

That's implying Ayane isn't really different from her DOA4 and DOA5 Vanilla iterations, when she actually is.

No such implication was deliberately made. My post was about Tengu, and only Tengu. Any connection to any other character was you reading too much into it.

As for Nyotengu's "potential", I personally don't see it going anywhere. She's Doa4 Tengu with a couple new tricks. It doesn't matter anyway, we won't see her at any tournaments.

Edit: formatting mishap

Tenryuga

DOA4 Tengu is a piece of shit from what I hear. In DOA5U that character isn't Nyo; It's someone else. This character is so bad matches were tossed by using her in top 8 at summer jam lololol.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No such implication was deliberately made.

Nyotengu is not so different from the older iterations that it takes that long to learn and it's not like Tengu has ever been difficult to learn.

You implied so here, saying that Nyo-Tengu isn't any different than an older game's character iteration, that is the implication. My saying of Ayane was pure example that you can always learn more about a character from that of an older title and older character iteration.

You have no absolute idea that there isn't anything new to learn about Nyo in comparison to older iterations of Tengu, this character has only been out for barely a full week.

Give it time.

Darth Lotonic X

You implied so here, saying that Nyo-Tengu isn't any different than an older game's character iteration, that is the implication.

Nyotengu is not so different from the older iterations that it takes that long to learn and it's not like Tengu has ever been difficult to learn.

Not the same thing.

As I said before, any implication on my part was unintentional. Also, Nyotengu wouldn't be the first character that was very similar to an older version. Ein is basically a copy/paste from 4.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Not the same thing.

As I said before, any implication on my part was unintentional. Also, Nyotengu wouldn't be the first character that was very similar to an older version. Ein is basically a copy/paste from 4.

Ein is a revision of his DOA4 counter-part, not a copy and paste.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Right now, I don't think the character is fully realized and explored, so we should leave this wishlist for now and come back again in a few months. She already has enough in her arsenal to allow her for varied way of playing her. You're not limited to only a handful of moves. You have a good array to choose from and they all have good hit stun and damage.

Give it some time, everybody.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD