Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Juihau

And besides, do I have to remind you of Soul Calibur 6 and SNK Heroines being able to be sold at all? And based on a comment made on this article, that had even MORE fanservice than DOA6: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2019/...ouldnt-be-sold-in-stores-says-shimbori/75381/ Specifically, from B unit: "Oh I guess Soul Calibur 6 and SNK Heroines couldn't be sold? **** off Shimbori . Don't insult your fanbases intelligence."
Alright, dude, it's one thing to use OAG as a source. Using OAG comments as a source is a whole new pinball table. That said, is SNK Heroines more fanservicey than DoA6? ...I'd say marginally? Technically speaking, I think it might actually have fewer revealing outfits than what we've seen of DoA6 so far, considering every character only has 3 costumes, and one of those costumes is (almost) always their iconic look from their home game. It has a mode where you can pose the characters and take pictures, but unlike some other games, you can only use one character at a time in that mode, and the available poses are actually pretty tame.

It does appeal to a rather specific, somewhat niche, fetish, but that really only matters to the people who are into that, everyone else would be completely indifferent.

Macca Beam

1. The only time Japanese transcripts were posted were for Famitsu. The other stuff have yet to be given publicly (and in the case of GameSpot's interview with him, it's extremely unlikely there's even ANY Japanese transcripts since GameSpot isn't Japan-based, it's USA based.).
Well, then my point stands. Shimbori is not an English speaker. Any quote that didn't come from his own mouth can be subjected to translation and interpretation of unknown reliability. With the continuing existence of clickbait culture and past experiences with games like FFXIV I've seen how much English speakers are willing to go to bend stories to the narrative they want to uphold.

And BTW, the guy who did write those articles, Billy D, HAD gone out of his way to talk with Shimbori
So the same interview procedure everyone else does: finding the subject and talking to them. I don't see what makes this particular guy more credible than the others.

And quite frankly, what's going on with DOA6 is causing people on Twitter to drop the game from what I heard.
That's also what I heard, but people who dropped DOA6 because of "what's going on" are the same people who got introduced to the series through DOA5 and "bought" it on 3dmgame while making chest-pounding forum posts about how they cleverly conquered its inhumane, money grubbing DLC scheme. These people dropping the series effectively translates to zero lost sales.

otnesse

Well, then my point stands. Shimbori is not an English speaker. Any quote that didn't come from his own mouth can be subjected to translation and interpretation of unknown reliability. With the continuing existence of clickbait culture and past experiences with games like FFXIV I've seen how much English speakers are willing to go to bend stories to the narrative they want to uphold.

So the same interview procedure everyone else does: finding the subject and talking to them. I don't see what makes this particular guy more credible than the others.

That's also what I heard, but people who dropped DOA6 because of "what's going on" are the same people who got introduced to the series through DOA5 and "bought" it on 3dmgame while making chest-pounding forum posts about how they cleverly conquered its inhumane, money grubbing DLC scheme. These people dropping the series effectively translates to zero lost sales.

1. Here's my idea: Just record the guys doing the interview, then if they say anything that was against what you said and published it, you leak the audio to everyone, like what happened when Mike Wallace interviewed a guy and lied about what the guy said a while back. And quite frankly, Billy D IS well-versed with Japanese, and he even managed to post his tweets in the original Japanese text. If you actually looked at the articles, you'd know that.

2. Actually from what I've heard, these guys were also the same guys who stuck around for DOA since before DOA5, and yes, it DOES entail more lost sales. You want zero lost sales? Try absolutely NO lost sales at all, no driving off customers, nothing. I go by exact literal words. And when you drive off customers of ANY sort, you lose money and sales, period.

Either way, let's get off of this to prevent locking this topic. For Xtreme Venus Vacation, basically, from what I can state, Fiona basically asks about dancing again. Will leave it at that until January 25. And let's hope Toda Erica's going to do Leifang soon.

belts

Import, Shimbori recently said western markets won't even rate the game or want to sell it on shelves.

LMAO I guarantee he hasn't even attempted to get it released in the West. It's just part of his act, which he really needs to stop. I don't trust anything that man says anymore.

Jadeinchains

...this is the only place on the forum to discuss the Xtreme side series so I don't think any of us want it getting closed ( or deleted entirely like the last thread. That will forever be a dumb decision ) cause people keep bringing up these arguments. I know there isn't a whole lot of info just now with them refraining from showing us anything about Skarlet but please try to stay on topic.

otnesse

Yeah, and I'm trying to get it back on topic by discussing Fiona's level 80 episode (or what little I can discuss it at). I do know Toda Erica will focus on Leifang later on. I'd mention Helena's birthday, but... well, that's early since her birthday's on January 30, and I generally wait until a week before a birthday before issuing a reminder.

Macca Beam

Yeah, and I'm trying to get it back on topic by discussing Fiona's level 80 episode
Let's not play that card here. The following quote was the real face of "trying to get it back on topic", and I'm going to reply to you because you replied to me.

Actually from what I've heard, these guys were also the same guys who stuck around for DOA since before DOA5, and yes, it DOES entail more lost sales. You want zero lost sales? Try absolutely NO lost sales at all, no driving off customers, nothing.
Nobody drove off customers. Customers drove themselves off. People getting angry because their main got excluded is one thing, then you have people foaming at mouth because the game didn't meet an arbitrary metric of ANIME TIDDIES every video game is required to satisfy. Nobody would be going anywhere if they weren't such bitches, see? I doubt the first group would boycott a game and demonize a man using the unarguable proof of INTERNET COMMENTS simply because they didn't get their way.

And when you drive off customers of ANY sort, you lose money and sales, period.
I'm sure they fully knew this as a business. They made a conscious decision while being aware of the losses, and probably even know the exact amount they're losing since they hold statistics that outsiders don't.

Then why do you care about their finances more than they do? This isn't something that affects you on a personal level, is it?

otnesse

Let's not play that card here. The following quote was the real face of "trying to get it back on topic", and I'm going to reply to you because you replied to me.

Nobody drove off customers. Customers drove themselves off. People getting angry because their main got excluded is one thing, then you have people foaming at mouth because the game didn't meet an arbitrary metric of ANIME TIDDIES every video game is required to satisfy. Nobody would be going anywhere if they weren't such bitches, see? I doubt the first group would boycott a game and demonize a man using the unarguable proof of INTERNET COMMENTS simply because they didn't get their way.

I'm sure they fully knew this as a business. They made a conscious decision while being aware of the losses, and probably even know the exact amount they're losing since they hold statistics that outsiders don't.

Then why do you care about their finances more than they do? This isn't something that affects you on a personal level, is it?

You want to continue this conversation? PM me then, because we are NOT going to continue it in this thread, largely because Cyber Evil threatened to lock it if this continues (and just as an FYI, I could care less about anime tiddies, heck, I wasn't even remotely impressed with how they handled DOAX3 even ignoring the whole Asia-exclusive issue or even the character reductions. When DOAP, an Xtreme 2 port that was released in the West as well as Japan, is literally the game that revitalized Dead or Alive as a franchise, citing "poor sales" or "the West wants nothing to do with it" is a completely stupid reason, and you know it.).

To get it back on topic, Fiona's level 80 episode will soon be available. Will be publicly released on January 24 at 6:00 PM Eastern Coast time via Toda Erica.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

My laptop broke a couple of months ago and finally today I ordered a new better one and it's arrived so among other things I can actually play this game again! And because It's a better laptop I can finally actually play in the best graphics settings! :D

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Thanks, It was an aser one, It's great to finally actually have a laptop again. :p
It's cool to actually be able to play Venus Vacation without lag in the higher settings now finally too.

thats the dmm version? i only played f2p version of vanilla xtreme for a little bit, i am curious to see who will available for the scarlet free to play version?

Jadeinchains

your graphic chipset?
@Jadeinchains

Sorry I'm not exactly sure?

Nice Jade! I had to take a break from this game after it first came out for the same reasons. When was the last time you played?

Thanks, And Lol it was actually so long ago now like back in...October maybe?! The game had to do a lot of updates when I downloaded it onto the new computer so I missed quite a bit, still cool that Tamaki and Fiona are both available now. :)

otnesse

Nice job, Jade, getting a new computer.

Might as well ask everyone on here: What levels are your DOAXVV girls at? List all the girls you have, and list each of them to their highest level thus far. Was thinking of trying to get Level 70, 75, and/or 80 episodes for at the very least the original nine girls from DOAX3 to translate them.

Xerampelinae

Hopefully you can get one or both of them. I got Fiona and an SSR for Helena (FINALLY - she was the first girl I chose and never had one). So now I only need Nagisa when she comes free.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD