Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

Maybe you should be playing Ninja Gaiden Black instead of this shit... then you will realize she's more unique than just being a female. She's of a different species.

Oh, okay, you were meaning "she wasn't JUST a girl." The way you said it made it seem as though she literally wasn't female at all, rather than there's more to her than just being a female character.

Yeah, I'm familiar with how she's a human/fiend hybrid (though to be fair, Ryu Hayabusa's implied to be a human/fiend hybrid as well). Shame she's cut out of the Xtreme 3 cast (worse than Lisa, Christie, Tina, or Leifang, since unlike them, she hadn't even BEEN in in an Xtreme game before, same with Mila).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I try not to complain too much... I loved the second game; but when people insult Itagaki I think of better times and I think of how the production values on Team NINJA's games have dropped to some degree since he left. After NG3 and X3 it was a miracle to me that Nioh was as great as it was.

Hayashi wouldn't be jack diddly shit without Itagaki -- that's a fact. He's spent more than half of his career using Itagaki's blueprints to success.

Xerampelinae

You have to go to the Gravure option in the change room screen to see Kokoro (or any of the other ladies) in other swimsuits besides their default one. You will only see the default bathing suit if you go through the Episode or Gravure Panel option screen.

belts

I still can't change my outfit outside of volleyball without and error and my game closing. It's been this way since they did maintenance, but was fine before. It doesn't sound like any of you are having the issue, which has me worried that it's something on my end.

I'm just hoping that the next maintenance will fix it if it doesn't go away sooner, or else I guess I'll try a reinstall.

FullPower88

You have to go to the Gravure option in the change room screen to see Kokoro (or any of the other ladies) in other swimsuits besides their default one. You will only see the default bathing suit if you go through the Episode or Gravure Panel option screen.

Where exactly?
If you can put a capture, better.

rogeriogn

I played the game 2 times, but now i keep getting this error (right after tittle screen)....

Please help! T_T

Attachments

• erro2.jpg
    erro2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 188

belts

I played the game 2 times, but now i keep getting this error (right after tittle screen)....

Please help! T_T
That looks like a the generic error message I get when I try to change my outfit. It just says that the game has encountered an error and needs to close to the title screen. 404 would be the error code. I don't know what it is for the game, but 404 is usually a server/network error.

Macca Beam

Rachel isn't a girl... and there isn't anything generic about her.

And no it's not. You are just an idiot and I can't figure out why you are here.
woooooow it's a blonde haired blue eyed semen demon (human) in a slutty outfit #4191024120409. because i wasn't pounded over the head by this tired garbage every other weeb work already. almost every design in the series is guilty of this as well. even alpha is a dural knockoff (or if you want to get obscure, house of the dead's Emperor)

sorry but i just can't hear you over your dick taking over your brain. if you want to argue the amazingly UNIQUE PROPORTIONS the new character's medium top, bottom heavy spec is a first in the series as well.

and there is the riveting "ur dumb" counterargument
i'm here because this series is a passing interest and i'm not a hypocritical fangirl like you, sorry.

otnesse

woooooow it's a blonde haired blue eyed semen demon (human) in a slutty outfit #4191024120409. because i wasn't pounded over the head by this tired garbage every other weeb work already. almost every design in the series is guilty of this as well. even alpha is a dural knockoff (or if you want to get obscure, house of the dead's Emperor)

sorry but i just can't hear you over your dick taking over your brain. if you want to argue the amazingly UNIQUE PROPORTIONS the new character's medium top, bottom heavy spec is a first in the series as well.

and there is the riveting "ur dumb" counterargument
i'm here because this series is a passing interest and i'm not a hypocritical fangirl like you, sorry.

First of all, you don't even know Deathofaninja's gender, so don't say that one's female (especially when you also implied right before then that Deathofaninja was male).

Second of all, Rachel had to put down her own sister because she succumbed to her fiend blood, and also spent a lifetime fighting fiends and other demons, and was an invaluable ally to Hayabusa, so I would prefer it if you gave her some respect. She wasn't merely some pretty face. And for the record, I suggest you cut some slack with the DOA girls. Several of them DO have actual character, many of which are actually pretty unique ESPECIALLY for a Japanese-made game. For example, Tina Armstrong is actually a very well done American character in the franchise and possibly Japanese mediums as a whole (and believe me, I'd know that Japanese mediums generally tend to depict America in the worst light possible. Just look at the Resident Evil series, certainly starting with 5, or the Metal Gear series, or Dead Rising, or even Killer7. Let me put it this way, pretty much every American character in those games is either A. Anti-American to the core, B., pretty much blackmailed to do America's bidding, C., if they're loyal to America and patriotic, expect them to be villainous, or, if they are to be depicted as "good guys", depicted as amoral nihilists, or D., all of the above.), as is Lisa Armstrong, for that matter. And I might as well point out that Helena's character arc involved trying to avenge her mom and to a lesser degree her dad, and Kasumi's trying to get back to her old clan, with Ayane also trying to put aside her hatred of her sister to fulfill her mom's wishes. Even some of the new girls, while not Itagaki-quality, still had some good elements. For example, I honestly found Honoka to be a far better done character than Alice from the Anderson Resident Evil films or Rey from The Force Awakens regarding her archetype (and I personally don't care for Honoka as a character, so it says a lot of how well I even think of Rey and Alice as characters if Honoka is better than them).

They certainly had a lot more character than some of the girls from Metal Gear, in particular Quiet.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

... Umm no offense but It seems like certain people have come in here for no other reason than to be overly negative and argue.. PM each other or create a status If you must argue that much.

Anyway though...lol.. On topic.. Has anyone bought anything with real money yet? I actually saw on twitter earlier someone saying they'd spent over £200 on the game already so If people are spending that much then hopefully the game is going to be successful. I actually don't know how to buy things in the game with real money yet? I've clicked on the FP thing before and it then asks me to write in numbers but I don't know what I'm supposed to write.

otnesse

I haven't bought the game yet. For starters, I'm a bit hesitant to do a paywall, especially when knowing that I've got limited funds right now, and besides, I've already have enough problems with a pay-to-play game like Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain as it is anyways (heck, I don't even know enough Japanese to save my skin, only knowing Hiragana and Katakana characters and a few Kanji at most). That said, I do have a vested interest in the concepts of the game, and thus would still like videos and what have you.

Think anyone can post videos of the Pajamas Party event so I know what that's like?

belts

... Umm no offense but It seems like certain people have come in here for no other reason than to be overly negative and argue.. PM each other or create a status If you must argue that much.

Anyway though...lol.. On topic.. Has anyone bought anything with real money yet? I actually saw on twitter earlier someone saying they'd spent over £200 on the game already so If people are spending that much then hopefully the game is going to be successful. I actually don't know how to buy things in the game with real money yet? I've clicked on the FP thing before and it then asks me to write in numbers but I don't know what I'm supposed to write.
I think it's asking for your birthday. There is a link somewhere that says if you are between 18-20 there is a monthly limit to how much you buy (it was like $140 or something lol) and no limit for 21+.

I haven't bought anything. As far as I know you can only buy the pink hearts for the gacha and water bottles. The prices are pretty high. Like $8 for 5000 pink hearts.

Jackie Chan Fan

I remember typing my birthday when I was trying to buy something from the shop.

I haven't bought with real money yet.

Edit: I was able to play an event volleyball game.

I think the only way to get an S rank is to get at least 10000 points. But it's still random.

Last edited:

belts

Does anyone know if SSR suits are possible from the green emoji gacha, or only the pink heart one?

Jackie Chan Fan

^^ Only select R swimsuits.

By the way, I think I kind of understand how to get S ranks. The bigger the difference between you and your rival team’s POW and TEC, the easier for you to get 10,000 points, thus S ranks.

Sharing my Hitomi as well. Got her SSR. Unlocking a character’s SSR will unlock her and her intro gravure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_apt5z7no

Jadeinchains

Think you can post the data for the Celebration Cake if you do get it?

I actually just checked and the Nyo thing is happening right now! I'm not sure what you mean about the cake though? Do you mean like how much experience it gives you etc? If so then yeah I'll post that here. :)

Also you actually have to pay 5000 hearts all at once to do the Nyo one!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD