Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

belts

The latest DOAX3S trailer shows Leifang, Misaki, and DOAXVV swimsuits/costumes. Yes! Yes! Yes!
My memory isn't the best, so maybe someone can help me out here, but aren't all of Lei Fang's and Misaki's animations in this trailer just copied and pasted from the other girls?

I'm hoping I'm wrong and they are original, but they look really familiar. This isn't helping my worries of DOAXS being nothing more than DOAX3 with a couple "new" characters and a few more swimsuits.

Please, TN, if there is something truly new in the game, show it!

Jackie Chan Fan

My memory isn't the best, so maybe someone can help me out here, but aren't all of Lei Fang's and Misaki's animations in this trailer just copied and pasted from the other girls?

I'm hoping I'm wrong and they are original, but they look really familiar. This isn't helping my worries of DOAXS being nothing more than DOAX3 with a couple "new" characters and a few more swimsuits.

It's indeed copied and pasted. I’ve seen them in DOAXVV and Fortune.

Yuffie

Yes same exact gravures copied from the other girls.
Unfortunately, they did not re use Leifangs DOAX2 scenes for some reason at least. Far as I know 90% of the X3F scenes come from X2 (except from the new cast).
This leads me to believe that there may not be an imitate/copy gravure.

Plus they have yet the reveal the S swimsuit set which will probably be shown later on.

otnesse

Yes same exact gravures copied from the other girls.
Unfortunately, they did not re use Leifangs DOAX2 scenes for some reason at least. Far as I know 90% of the X3F scenes come from X2 (except from the new cast).
This leads me to believe that there may not be an imitate/copy gravure.

Plus they have yet the reveal the S swimsuit set which will probably be shown later on.

To be fair, they didn't exactly include those diving gravures from DOAX2 for any of the girls either.

Xerampelinae

I wasn't expecting anything new in terms of gravures because this is a budget-ass BUDGET game. The only reason Scarlet is being made is from profits from Venus Vacation. Fortune/Venus failed so bad to make money with their DLC strategy that they are probably in wait-and-see mode with this game before deciding to allocate resources for extra activities and such. I remember Hayashi saying that they were planning for that kind of thing, but the game made no money, so they couldn't. I don't think he was actually lying, but finances made that plan moot. DMM gave them money for help with Venus Vacation, so that's how that game got off the ground. It sucks because I'd love to see more gravures, but I'm unfortunately realistic about it.

I just hope that their DLC model actually makes money this time around, or Scarlet will die a quick death too. They should just do a girl plus her catalog of 25 or so suits and have it be 15-20 bucks. Knowing Koei Tecmo, it will be closer to 30... One thing I'm also curious about - the fact that if the datamining is correct, we're going to get a slew of cut girls in Venus Vacation coming out (Christie, Mila, Rachel). It's probably so they can be available in this game sooner than later.

Jadeinchains

Yeah for Scarlet they seriously need to just do dlc the way that's been proven to be successful which is the doa5 way, paid psn dlc. Costumes set dlc for each girl as well as character dlc of a girl with her catalogue.

I'd obviously of preferred if Leifang had her own gravures from X2 but it does seem to be working with a budget and they're maybe waiting to see how the gane does first, And if it's a success then maybe we'll see activity and other types of dlc content down the line.

Regardless I'm hyped for this game and really hope that it succeeds and does well, I'm happy to see Leifang and Misaki as well as more suits, I do hope there'll be a lot more suits though, They should release a trailer showing off more.

otnesse

Yeah, let's hope they make sure they allow those girls in. Hayashi DID imply there was supposed to be girl and activity DLC before he gypped us on that (I'm sorry, but if they really failed in the DLC front, why didn't they just shut it down altogether, not release any more of those Zack tickets and basically remove the swimwear?). Have to wait until February regarding at least CRI, though, since my source did imply they might change things up by that time and doesn't want to take any chances. Let's hope that datamine is still accurate, the remaining cut five really deserve to be in Xtreme 3, even if it's just in XVV, especially when they were needlessly cut out like that. I also hope that they also allow for character interactions a'la XVV in Scarlet, though, especially when their removing character interactions in X3 was an even worse mistake than cutting the six girls out.

just_me

Standard Donor
The main purpose of Scarlet is to have Switch port of X3… they probably don't expect to sell many PS4 copies. I'd assume the expectations for the Switch version aren't all that high either, so no reason to actually invest any money for new features.

otnesse

The main purpose of Scarlet is to have Switch port of X3… they probably don't expect to sell many PS4 copies. I'd assume the expectations for the Switch version aren't all that high either, so no reason to actually invest any money for new features.

At least it allows the chance for all the cut girls to get in (heck, maybe also include the new girls while we're at it, so we'd get full data on them, like nationalities. Misaki, Tamaki, and Nagisa we can safely assume are Japanese, but Luna and Fiona's nationalities are unknown). Because, believe me, cutting those six out was a mistake, and they really need to rectify that fast. Also add in actual character interactions in the veins of XBV/X2, or at the very least XVV.

Yuffie

We should find out who the next VV girl around March. By then X3S will be out.
Also wonder if the two new girls will be the only dlc for Fortune. I'm sure it can handle content unlike the Vita version. I can see that may have been the reason so many things were missing and cut. I doubt it would be time constraints.
Hopefully the wait time isn't too long. Probably 3 months as usual as that is how long the F and V set took to release.

otnesse

We should find out who the next VV girl around March. By then X3S will be out.
Also wonder if the two new girls will be the only dlc for Fortune. I'm sure it can handle content unlike the Vita version. I can see that may have been the reason so many things were missing and cut. I doubt it would be time constraints.
Hopefully the wait time isn't too long. Probably 3 months as usual as that is how long the F and V set took to release.

Actually, a bit earlier than that. Xtreme 3 Scarlet's due out on March 20. The next VV girl's most likely going to be released on March 14 based on past releases.

otnesse

hopefully they do some monthly event in scarlet where the girls some interaction or dialogue.

Personally, I'd prefer it be done like in X2 and Paradise, where they interact 24/7 per your choosing rather than restrict it to a month, but I'll go for a monthly event if it at least ensures they interact under any capacity. Hope they also add in Be Friendly Gravures, removing those was also a mistake.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD