Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

P2p1mbs

Tina Gravure Panel (Dream Chaser SSR) with malfunction

View attachment 36837

I don't know why but the full realization of her return to DOAX still hasn't really come to me; I've seen images and videos of her and read some articles of her return but I still can't seem to get excited over this. At the very least, I can now look at DOAXVV images and not immediately be filled with jealous anger over her exclusion since she's here now...

It's unlikely but I'm kinda hoping she's popular/successful enough that TN decides to repeat her success by bringing back Rachel next since they're both blue-eyed blondes. Either that or they bring Rachel in as a promotion for a future Ninja Gaiden game.

Last edited:

otnesse

I don't know why but the full realization of her return to DOAX still hasn't really come to me; I've seen images and videos of her and read some articles of her return but I still can't seem to get excited over this. At the very least, I can now look at DOAXVV images and not immediately be filled with jealous anger over her exclusion since she's here now...

It's unlikely but I'm kinda hoping she's popular/successful enough that TN decides to repeat her success by bringing back Rachel next since they're both blue-eyed blondes. Either that or they bring Rachel in as a promotion for a future Ninja Gaiden game.
Or even the 45th anniversary for Ninja Gaiden. Don't forget that that's going to occur next year.

P2p1mbs

Or even the 45th anniversary for Ninja Gaiden. Don't forget that that's going to occur next year.

That's likely but I don't doubt the possibility they would add in Irene first. Then again, Rachel has been playable in NG while Irene/Sonia has not so it could happen.

At the very least, she's likely to show up before Lisa...

otnesse

Thanks for the correction.
That's likely but I don't doubt the possibility they would add in Irene first. Then again, Rachel has been playable in NG while Irene/Sonia has not so it could happen.

Actually, she and Lisa are about 50/50 regarding who will show up first. Let's not forget, both the 35th anniversary of Ninja Gaiden and the 20th anniversary for Xtreme Beach Volleyball (Lisa's debut game) will be happening next year (2023), and since both girls are obviously tied to those entries, they may end up releasing Lisa first for the Xtreme anniversary, then maybe Rachel will be released close to the NG anniversary (the first NG game was released in October of 1988, while Xtreme Beach Volleyball was released March of 2003). The only thing we can definitely bet on is that Mila's most likely going to be next (NiCO's most likely going to hold off being released until close to DOA6's 5th anniversary). After her is either Lisa or Rachel. Then Christie's going to be next, then whoever between Rachel/Lisa wasn't picked earlier, then NiCO. And I suspect she'll be released close to the 6th anniversary of DOAXVV. Unless of course they REALLY speed things up regarding girl releases.

Irene most likely won't be added at all, or if they do add her, only after the cut girls/NiCO get in. Aside from Irene never being playable in Ninja Gaiden, she was never playable in DOA, not even in Dimensions, the only game she had any on-screen role during the game (and that game had us playing as Kasumi's father Shiden).

Last edited:

Arnell Long

Yeah I definitely hope Lisa makes it in but it seems unlikely at this point...but time will tell.

otnesse

Yeah I definitely hope Lisa makes it in but it seems unlikely at this point...but time will tell.
I wouldn't underestimate Lisa's chances of making it in. Let's not forget that they have the Xtreme series' 20th anniversary coming up, and it occurs before the Ninja Gaiden anniversary. Lisa debuted in Xtreme Beach Volleyball, so they may end up releasing her to celebrate that milestone, just like with Tina (and Rachel would be to celebrate NG's anniversary).

P2p1mbs

I just realized DOA5 turns 10 this year. They should add in Mila, Christie, Lisa and Rachel this year to mark the occasion. Since she didn't appear in that game, they can save NiCO to next year as "best" for last.

Last edited:

otnesse

I just realized DOA5 turns 10 this year. They should add in Mila, Christie, Lisa and Rachel this year to mark the occasion. Since she didn't appear in that game, they can save NiCO to next year as "best" for last.
I'd probably swap Christie with either Lisa or Rachel (let's not forget those two also have anniversaries coming up of their own besides DOA5's anniversary). That said, I'm pretty sure Christie will be released in 2022 (albeit just barely), since aside from needing to release her before her birthday obviously, it also needs to fall within the DOA3 anniversary (between February 2022 and February 2023). Mila I'm guessing will be next. Ideally, they should do it ahead of time regarding the anniversary, but in the case of Tina and Christie, doing it within the year period the anniversary falls under will work just as well.

Besides, Christie being in the title screen group photo with Tina and Mila wouldn't really work since she doesn't have any real interactions with them (not to mention Tina doesn't even like her). It's more likely they're going to have Lisa or Rachel be the "third girl" between Tina and Mila (as Lisa was friends with Tina and in DOA6 was an acquaintance of Mila as well, and as far as Rachel, it would act as a subtle reference to Leifang, Hitomi, and Momiji's group photo). Christie if anything would more likely be paired up with NiCO due to their common MIST affiliation, with either Rachel or Lisa depending on who gets chosen to be with Tina and Mila earlier (Lisa would reference her former MIST association, while Rachel I guess would be a subtle reference to Christie's DOA4 ending where she cameoed as a patron at that strip club).

Last edited:

P2p1mbs

Besides, Christie being in the title screen group photo with Tina and Mila wouldn't really work since she doesn't have any real interactions with them (not to mention Tina doesn't even like her). It's more likely they're going to have Lisa or Rachel be the "third girl" between Tina and Mila (as Lisa was friends with Tina and in DOA6 was an acquaintance of Mila as well, and as far as Rachel, it would act as a subtle reference to Leifang, Mila, and Momiji's group photo). Christie if anything would more likely be paired up with NiCO due to their common MIST affiliation, with either Rachel or Lisa depending on who gets chosen to be with Tina and Mila earlier (Lisa would reference her former MIST association, while Rachel I guess would be a subtle reference to Christie's DOA4 ending where she cameoed as a patron at that strip club).

What group photo are you talking about?

Also, what does character interaction/relationships have anything to do with the order of release? A character's in-universe connection with another character doesn't seem like as good a reason for their order of release their real-world popularity; didn't the fan poll for returning characters have NiCO forst then Tina, Mila, Christie and Lisa and Rachel last?

Rachel and Lisa being added in next year makes more sense simply since they each placed last in different character poll; Lisa was in the initial DOAX3 poll and Rachel was last more recently.

otnesse

What group photo are you talking about?

Also, what does character interaction/relationships have anything to do with the order of release? A character's in-universe connection with another character doesn't seem like as good a reason for their order of release their real-world popularity; didn't the fan poll for returning characters have NiCO forst then Tina, Mila, Christie and Lisa and Rachel last?

Rachel and Lisa being added in next year makes more sense simply since they each placed last in different character poll; Lisa was in the initial DOAX3 poll and Rachel was last more recently.
Okay, when you boot up the game, when it gets to the title screens, they have these group photo thingies, one for three girls each. Here's some examples:

Kasumi, Ayane, Luna:

newvisual_01.jpg

Nyotengu, Honoka, and Marie Rose:

newvisual_02.jpg

Kokoro, Helena, Tamaki:

newvisual_03.jpg

Momiji, Hitomi, Leifang:

newvisual_04.jpg

Misaki, Nagisa, Fiona:

newvisual_05.jpg

Kanna, Monica, Sayuri:
newvisual_06.jpg

Patty, Tsukushi, Lobelia:

newvisual_07.jpg

Nanami, Elise, and Koharu:

newvisual_08.jpg

That's what I'm referring to. And in the case of the first four images as well as the last one, they directly referenced event episodes with all of them together (the first four referenced specific episodes featuring them in the first anniversary, the last one referenced one of Koharu's debut event episodes).

As far as Lisa and Rachel, the problem is that they'd need to make sure Lisa's out of the way for the Xtreme Beach Volleyball anniversary event (which is going to be in March 2023), and aside from that, Lisa was ranked last in the DOAX3 poll (well, either her or Christie). That would mean they'd need to release Lisa or Rachel first after Mila, then have Christie be in-between. Especially if we assume that they're going to release them in a couple of months (very quickly in other words), based on Tina's development, which unlike the other girls we know EXACTLY when she started development due to their leaving a paper trail.

As far as NiCO is concerned, we shouldn't forget that the girls are most likely going to be released to tie directly to anniversaries for their respective games since they're close together. Meaning we're most likely going to get Mila first after Tina (since DOA5's anniversary will be occurring real soon), followed by Lisa most likely (DOAXBV is most likely coming in soon, and aside from that, she's connected to Tina and Mila. They had Leifang paired up with Hitomi and Momiji when they could have just as easily paired her up with Luna and Tamaki. I'm doubtful she's going to be paired up with characters she hasn't had any direct connections to). Christie will probably be inserted next after her, since she tied with Lisa recently, and aside from that, DOA3's anniversary's this year in fact. Rachel will probably be after Christie, due the upcoming Ninja Gaiden anniversary in October of next year. Finally, for NiCO, she's most likely going to be released mid-to-late 2023 since that's around the time DOA6's 5th year anniversary is going to be held. Don't forget, the primary reason behind Tina being released at all was that DOA's 25th anniversary occurred around the same time. Most likely the other girls are also going to be released to promote their respective debut games' anniversaries.

Last edited:

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games

Steam/Johren

otnesse

Glad you got her. Indeed the game is brutal. I'm on the 18th pull. I got 2 SSRs but not for Tina. lol
Same with me. Heck, the only reason I even GOT Tina at all was the Star Coins.

I sure hope I get better luck with the Steam version of the events (and I'll roll for her next week. As much as I'd REALLY like to immediately roll for her in the Steam version, I've got a financial limit right now. At least by Thursday, I'll be able to roll for her.). I'm already going to be tied up trying to save up for the DMM version with those tickets for her 2nd paid SSR (to say little about Kanna's anniversary gacha, specifically Kanna's 2nd paid SSR, maybe also whoever is after Tina since I suspect that whoever's next will be debuting around the same time thanks to the paper trail Tina left behind). And considering we're probably going to expect something similar in the Steam version in addition to Nanami's debut in the latter (and I need to get her first SSR since, thanks to Lobelia debuting in the Steam version almost exactly a year after her DMM debut, I suspect Nanami will debut around the same time this year as last year, and since she has a birthday occurring before her 2nd paid SSR comes out, that means I REALLY need to get her ASAP when she comes out).

Kasumi-Phase-X

Game is so brutal, got her on pull 19/20... it hurts

That is the power of Paid V-Stone exclusive Gachas, along with random unlockables. But if you manage 20/20 you would've gotten costume with 200 Character Stars.

I've spent 1/20, and gave up because of birthday girls (Fiona & Kasumi) along with Nanami coming soon who I plan on saving up for her along with Koharu.

otnesse

That is the power of Paid V-Stone exclusive Gachas, along with random unlockables. But if you manage 20/20 you would've gotten costume with 200 Character Stars.

I've spent 1/20, and gave up because of birthday girls (Fiona & Kasumi) along with Nanami coming soon who I plan on saving up for her along with Koharu.
The birthday girls in the Steam version will be easy. I just need to purchase the 5,000 paid V-stone and favorite food and drink packs for each one, which only costs me between $20-30 per girl. DMM might be trickier, however. Hopefully I don't need to use Star Coins to get Tina in the Steam version, because I definitely need to save up for Nanami in the Steam version as well, in addition to getting Tina's 2nd paid SSR.

Last edited:

hardseppo

Well now I can get her 2nd costume with just one pull, so that's at least comforting. 50.000 Yen for two paid suits is actually not so bad when it comes to this game :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD