20231024133323_1.jpg

20231024133327_1.jpg

20231024133329_1.jpg

20231024133335_1.jpg

20231024133339_1.jpg

Jadeinchains

It looks like another new girl vs original girl brought back rip. -.-
Get ready for “japanese” or “vague somewhere from Europe”

Also extra annoying cause i didnt realize they were tights at first and thought she had dark skin but no if you pause for a sec you can see her head from ages away and shes got like blue hair and is asian or white, which cool or whatnot but..i want lisa. I dont even touch the game but i want lisa…also who wheres tights with a swimsuit?!

IMG_1195.jpeg

Last edited:

otnesse

It looks like another new girl vs original girl brought back rip. -.-
Get ready for “japanese” or “vague somewhere from Europe”

Also extra annoying cause i didnt realize they were tights at first and thought she had dark skin but no if you pause for a sec you can see her head from ages away and shes got like blue hair and is asian or white, which cool or whatnot but..i want lisa. I dont even touch the game but i want lisa…also who wheres tights with a swimsuit?!

View attachment 38420
She apparently says a particular quote that's usually used by yokai when transforming, so it's unclear whether she's human or if she's more like Nyotengu or Kanna.

Well, either way, at least we're GETTING a new girl now, after nearly eight months without one for reasons completely unknown to us, if they even HAVE a reason. They'd better explain themselves in this livestream for why they took THIS long to release one. The last time it took this long between debut and free release, they at least compensated by debuting Amy in-between Tina's paid suits. I also hope next year Team Ninja REALLY gets its act together, since this year had the absolute worst scheduling for events, bar none (At least they had an excuse with 2020 due to the COVID lockdowns).

But I otherwise agree, I'm getting sick and tired of them holding out on us with the cut girls, especially when they wasted a perfectly good opportunity last year of actually releasing a huge amount despite it being chock full of anniversaries to celebrate (despite releasing Tina in part due to DOA's 25th anniversary).

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She apparently says a particular quote that's usually used by yokai when transforming, so it's unclear whether she's human or if she's more like Nyotengu or Kanna.

Well, either way, at least we're GETTING a new girl now, after nearly eight months without one for reasons completely unknown to us, if they even HAVE a reason. They'd better explain themselves in this livestream for why they took THIS long to release one. The last time it took this long between debut and free release, they at least compensated by debuting Amy in-between Tina's paid suits. I also hope next year Team Ninja REALLY gets its act together, since this year had the absolute worst scheduling for events, bar none (At least they had an excuse with 2020 due to the COVID lockdowns).

But I otherwise agree, I'm getting sick and tired of them holding out on us with the cut girls, especially when they wasted a perfectly good opportunity last year of actually releasing a huge amount despite it being chock full of anniversaries to celebrate (despite releasing Tina in part due to DOA's 25th anniversary).

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation gacha and the Atelier gacha title are viewed as financial fortitudes to Koei Tecmo. They are smart about how they release games and content honestly. If they had characters released every other month it would clog the experience for people. As well as if they release all the "cut" girls at once the people that are only in it for OG girls will be gone. They are trying to develop the game so that people who enjoy the OG characters will like the new ones they create as well.

Stream has started:

New Venus Shizuku the Kitsune - this is the third female creature: Nyo-Tengu, Kanna and now a fox!

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

I hope Team Ninja REALLY gets its act together, since this year had the absolute worst scheduling for events, bar none.
Well, they ARE gonna ship Rise Of The Ronin next year, but IDK if they're gonna have any thicc waifus in that. But, I'd rather they not rush characters for the sake of it.

otnesse

Well, they ARE gonna ship Rise Of The Ronin next year, but IDK if they're gonna have any thicc waifus in that. But, I'd rather they not rush characters for the sake of it.
Doesn't mean they can't do it within 6 months.

In any case, Shizuku won't make her formal debut until November 9, so this is more like a teaser. Also, she isn't an actual fox-girl, she's more cosplaying as one.

Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation gacha and the Atelier gacha title are viewed as financial fortitudes to Koei Tecmo. They are smart about how they release games and content honestly. If they had characters released every other month it would clog the experience for people. As well as if they release all the "cut" girls at once the people that are only in it for OG girls will be gone. They are trying to develop the game so that people who enjoy the OG characters will like the new ones they create as well.

Stream has started:

New Venus Shizuku the Kitsune - this is the third female creature: Nyo-Tengu, Kanna and now a fox!

Who said every other month? I'm not asking them to release a girl every two months. Even I know that's excessive and WAY beyond their capabilities (Tina and Leifang were exceptions to that rule, and I suspect that's only because they moreorless ported their models and did slight tweaking rather than fully designing them). What I'm irritated at is them taking EIGHT months to release a new girl, which is still EXTREMELY excessive. Six months would suffice, though preferably three would be ideal.

And there's plenty of ways to keep them on here besides OG girls. For starters, I'm actually translating episodes on DOAXVV right now. And seeing how the characters tick is always a treat for me. Have more girls interact and see how they handle each other, and you'll keep me in. Plus, the birthday suits are something I'm trying to claw into as well in the near future. And I'm pretty sure those OG girl fans who wanted to see them would be MORE than happy to see more episodes involving them.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Doesn't mean they can't do it within 6 months.

In any case, Shizuku won't make her formal debut until November 9, so this is more like a teaser. Also, she isn't an actual fox-girl, she's more cosplaying as one.
All you people care about is having DOA content rushed out the door instead of trying to let Tecmo try to operate without you badgering them.

For Christ's sake, I think Xtreme 4 would benefit from a development cycle that isn't completely up-ended by fans pressuring them to release it sooner.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
"Who said every other month?" Nobody did, but forgive me for being one month off your ideal release figures... and if six months would suffice is adding a few more months really that big of a deal? There are 30... 29 (apparently, I have to be really specific with you) Venus characters and you want a new one every three months? Sweet Jesus. I suggest managing your expectations so you aren't disappointed.

TheHunterKiller692

There are 30... 29 (apparently, I have to be really specific with you) Venus characters and you want a new one every three months?
Otnesse's down bad. He has zero attention span these days, just like all these zoomers begging for a new game lickity-split.

I'm not asking them to release a girl every two months. Have more girls interact and see how they handle each other, and you'll keep me in. I'm pretty sure those OG girl fans who wanted to see them would be MORE than happy to see more episodes involving them.
Now this I can get behind.

otnesse

All you people care about is having DOA content rushed out the door instead of trying to let Tecmo try to operate without you badgering them.

For Christ's sake, I think Xtreme 4 would benefit from a development cycle that isn't completely up-ended by fans pressuring them to release it sooner.
If I were to badger them or want a new game lickity split, I'd tell them to release a girl every month, heck, every WEEK even. No, I'm trying to be reasonable with Tecmo. Three is definitely the barest minimum they're capable of doing without rushing. I'd know because that's how long it took for them to release Tamaki, Fiona, and Nagisa (not counting Leifang or Tina since they're special cases), four is most common, and all of that. If I wanted them to rush them, I'd tell them to release content within a month or two, NOT give a bare minimum of three months. And believe me, I've been VERY patient with them overall, put up with them for at this point five years (and that's just from me actually PLAYING the game). However, as of late, they have been doing poorly regarding meeting schedules. Like for example, the Jewel event, that event usually releases on late June, but this year, they waited until late July to release it due to what was very obviously poor scheduling on their part. I literally had to spend a LOT of time saving up for that event, only for it to come all crashing down because they didn't release it on time, and instead wasted it on a collaboration that could have waited until AFTER the Jewel event.
"Who said every other month?" Nobody did, but forgive me for being one month off your ideal release figures... and if six months would suffice is adding a few more months really that big of a deal? There are 30... 29 (apparently, I have to be really specific with you) Venus characters and you want a new one every three months? Sweet Jesus. I suggest managing your expectations so you aren't disappointed.
It is indeed a very big deal when even Team Ninja made it clear releasing new girls is what keeps the game alive. Heck, I've even seen quite a few people state that the long wait means they're going to kill off the game. And if you wait too long, you run the risk of having the game shut down due to lack of activity and maintenance. So yes, if you wait 8 months or a whole YEAR to release a new girl, even after the previous one went free several months back, it IS deeply concerning, even for someone who is trying to be very patient with them despite not naturally being patient. And want a good example of what happens when you take TOO long to develop a game and it being bad? Try MGSV:TPP with loads of cut content (and by that, I mean they clearly left things hanging that didn't need to be left hanging) and left hanging story threads, even a somewhat glitchy aspect to them based on what Rageaholic observed.

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

If I were to badger them or want a new game lickity split, I'd tell them to release a girl every month, heck, every WEEK even. No, I'm trying to be reasonable with Tecmo. Three is definitely the bare minimum they're capable of doing without rushing. It is indeed a very big deal when even Team Ninja made it clear releasing new girls is what keeps the game alive.
I get it. It's a dating sim, but with wardrobe changes instead of having you complement these new girls coming in, but I'm not screening them, I'm not filing a police report on them.
I envy your passion, but this is one of those speeches about engagement like the one Bungie gave a while back, where you need constant interaction between all these different players to keep the game afloat, like you said.

And believe me, I've been VERY patient with them overall, put up with them for at this point five years (and that's just from me actually PLAYING the game). However, as of late, they have been doing poorly regarding meeting schedules. Like for example, the Jewel event, that event usually releases on late June, but this year, they waited until late July to release it due to what was very obviously poor scheduling on their part. I literally had to spend a LOT of time saving up for that event, only for it to come all crashing down because they didn't release it on time, and instead wasted it on a collaboration that could have waited until AFTER the Jewel event.
OK. I'm picking up what you're putting down, but again, if you think player retention is only done through short-term content drops to increase dopamine, it goes at odds with the game designers doing what needs to be done.

Kasumi-Phase-X

DMM Games:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD