DOA5U Official Tier List

PhoenixVFIRE

I like them as they're is. They feel the same as they did in DoA4, and used correctly, you can get a lot more. Only launch complaint? Give him a ceiling throw.
Erm... you should seriously go back and check the launch heights he use to get, they were much higher... the only two that's even close to those heights are :2::P+K: :P+K: and BT :4::K:. All the others barely lift even half the height they use to.

and yeah, he should definitely get a ceiling throw ^_^~

ColonelColver

Erm... you should seriously go back and check the launch heights he use to get, they were much higher... the only two that's even close to those heights are :2::P+K: :P+K: and BT :4::K:. All the others barely lift even half the height they use to.

and yeah, he should definitely get a ceiling throw ^_^~
I'll have to check next time I play DoA4, lmao. Have to go to my friend's house, cause I don't own it currently. But speaking of 2P+K, how about we get rid of those double hit level moves? You shouldn't be able to high counter 2P+K, like ahhhh. xD

MeadowSpirit

I've been playing DOA5U frequently for about three months now (newbie to this series) and the only character that I've NEVER encountered online is Gen Fu. Pretty funny considering he's a contender for strongest character in the game.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've been playing DOA5U frequently for about three months now (newbie to this series) and the only character that I've NEVER encountered online is Gen Fu. Pretty funny considering he's a contender for strongest character in the game.

he's been a contender for each series entry of the game. It just proves the fact that the community doesn't always play by tier standards. There's more desire to play with the character they like to play as instead of a character that is high tier.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Okay, everyone, please also realize that the tier list isn't actually finalized yet, it is still very incomplete. Nothing is totally set in stone yet.

synce

Gen Fu might be a little overrated and Eliot is definitely underrated. Also I'd probably put Phase 4 even lower

LordXav1er

No Tier List in fighting games are truly accurate or finalized but for the most part finding the best and worst characters won't be easy in this game. Considering I don't feel Eliot or P4 is worst myself. Christie so good deserving her own Tier? I also don't agree with.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
How does Gen Fu lose to Phase 4?
How is Gen Fu vs. Helena not 7-3 for Gen Fu?
Why is Helena B Tier?
Why is Tina C tier?(she is kinda ridiculous)

Christie has NO bad matchups? Must be the best DOA character in the history of the game because even Rachel had bad matchups pre-patch....

In general I don't think that matchups represent tiers in DOA very well because it isn't all that much of a match up based game. In some cases yea, one characters tools may directly counter another's but for a majority of characters I do not believe in 7-3s.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
No Tier List in fighting games are truly accurate or finalized but for the most part finding the best and worst characters won't be easy in this game. Considering I don't feel Eliot or P4 is worst myself. Christie so good deserving her own Tier? I also don't agree with.

This is true, however in DOA5 and DOA5U, most of the roster hasn't been seen at higher level play just yet, so it's difficult to even gauge how well most are in the game. We see more variety at higher level play in Japan than we do here.

Another problem is that both U.S. and Japan only have a handful of players that are really good in the tournament scene (10 maybe 20 tops on both sides). U.S. has good Christies, Helenas, an Ayane, a Genfu, and Hayabusa for example. Japan has a Leifang, Kokoros, Akiras, Leon, and Kasumis for example.

You see these characters played in tournaments on both sides of course (well, maybe not Leon for U.S.) but the skill is immensely different from one side to another for certain characters. So we can't really say what a full tier list is in this game right now until we start seeing a stronger representation for the characters in a tournament setting.

Plus, only certain players have been able to take certain characters at a high level more than anyone else so far. Ayane, Zack Rig, Momiji, Mila, Phase 4, etc. And certain characters like Zack is a character more people are picking up because they are realizing how good and fun of a character he actually is.

I've said somewhere else before about Zack, but he is by no means as weak as anyone here thinks he is.

I honestly think (and it really needs to be said) players here at FSD just need to start getting better and decide to take another look at their characters. I say this ALL THE TIME, each strike, throw and hold/parry have their specific purpose, and it is up to the player to figure out what they are for.

A big reason why Ayane players mellowed down so quickly before and after 5U's release is that I reassured everyone maining the character that she is very good. And I've been reassuring myself by continuing to figure her out more throughout 5U.

People have to learn to accept their character for what it is, go with it and take their time trying to figure what something is about. That is the reason why certain players continue to find something new.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
In my personal opinion I think that Leifang beats Christie. I also think Zack vs Christie is 5-5, because of his crushing ability and his stronger i11 mid.

I could see her vs Helena being 6-4, but it could be 5-5 because she still has great pressure and mixup along with having good crushes and her evasiveness.(Christie has like 1 mid that catches bko consistently)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Dammit Matt! Now you're gonna get Christie nerfed.
I'm not the one who provided any of the matchup data. The player who provided her data has been winning tournaments for the past year. Additional matchup data provided for other characters by other tournament players has not disagreed with their characters matchup to her.

d3v

I'm not the one who provided any of the matchup data. The player who provided her data has been winning tournaments for the past year. Additional matchup data provided for other characters by other tournament players has not disagreed with their characters matchup to her.
Dammit guys! You know the rules - you never admit your character is top tier.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Dammit guys! You know the rules - you never admit your character is top tier.

The funny thing is afterwards I saw him on FB defending how his character isn't "broken". I don't think she is at that extreme, but she's definitely a good character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD