DOA5U Official Tier List

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So maybe he should be moved up to D tier? Just so he's not alone in his own tier, which happens to be at the bottom.

Tournament placement doesn't determine the tier list. It can contribute to being examples of match ups, but it's not a defining placement. All it says is that the players who won with him played the matchup right.

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
Ah my bad i thought it was in specific order because you had christie first which was right lol. And i agree with FON. Replace kasumi with helena. I dont recall kasumi winning a tournament in any version of 5 actually...i know sarah won a couple in vanilla though.

synce

If you're gonna look at tourney results I think it's better to look at top 8s instead of just winners. People tend to play tiers in DOA, if you noticed how Helena dropped in popularity with 5U's oki removal and Rachel came and went as quickly as she got the stomp nerf.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
So when I was in Tokyo in April I asked some of the players their tier list opinions, mostly in terms of "Who is top 5?"

Wasao (Strong Kokoro player)
In order:
1. Kasumi
2. Christie
3. Helena
4. Hayate
5. Genfu

Wasao also mentioned Kokoro and Eliot being more towards low tier.

FLACK (Japan's #2-3 best player)
A Tier:
1. Helena
2. Genfu

A- Tier:
3. Ayane
4. Hayabusa
5. Rachel

TeruRock (Best Japanese Lei Fang)
A Tier (no order):
Kasumi, Ayane, Hayabusa, Hayate
A- Tier: Helena
B+ Tier: Everyone else

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
So when I was in Tokyo in April I asked some of the players their tier list opinions, mostly in terms of "Who is top 5?"

Wasao (Strong Kokoro player)
In order:
1. Kasumi
2. Christie
3. Helena
4. Hayate
5. Genfu

Wasao also mentioned Kokoro and Eliot being more towards low tier.

FLACK (Japan's #2-3 best player)
A Tier:
1. Helena
2. Genfu

A- Tier:
3. Ayane
4. Hayabusa
5. Rachel

A Tier (no order):

Interesting. So Helena seems to be a common consensus for a Top 5 character. Also interesting that they seem to be downplaying their mains lol. Leifang is definitely arguably Top 5.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Interesting. So Helena seems to be a common consensus for a Top 5 character. Also interesting that they seem to be downplaying their mains lol. Leifang is definitely arguably Top 5.

Everyone sadly does that. I think Bass is mid tier, but he certainly has qualities that can put him in the A class for damage alone, just he can't set those advantages - only take them.

Pictured Mind

A Tier (no order):

He doesn't even place Lei in A or A-? Weird.

I've noticed this before. Not just on tier lists, but people complaining about how bad their character is in general. Which can have multiple reasons I guess.

1. The player simply doesn't understand the character and doesn't utilize all tools available to their character.
2. They won't admit their character is top tier/high tier/good simply because it makes them feel better if they win with a "bad" character.
3. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Since this guy is apparently the best Leifang in Japan I don't think it's the first one.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD