DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

rximmortal

Oh, ok. Well in that case you need to practice it until it's habitual. You don't need to follow frames, but trying to time it isn't gonna be as accurate.
Yeah you learn with the time :)
I am very sad I cant play 3D fighters with my arcade stick. I just cant :( And I am trying to find some new ways (my ways) to press buttons with the correct timing.( For example the 3 punches after takedown , I found a way to press them (without displaying the counter button on the screen) but it needs practice, which is really hard with the buttons of the pad.

Vincent Rayne

Yeah you learn with the time :)
I am very sad I cant play 3D fighters with my arcade stick. I just cant :( And I am trying to find some new ways (my ways) to press buttons with the correct timing.( For example the 3 punches after takedown , I found a way to press them (without displaying the counter button on the screen) but it needs practice, which is really hard with the buttons of the pad.
it's actually very easy if you are used to just frames. i played a ton of Soul Calibur so i caught on how to do just frame punches quickly.

rximmortal

it's actually very easy if you are used to just frames. i played a ton of Soul Calibur so i caught on how to do just frame punches quickly.
If you can handle the Training dummy set on Fast throw escape speed ( Not Fastest ) , than I think you are doing it right, despite the method you use :)

YoshioKST

Hum! Guys, I'm terrible... what startups would you use against a defensive Marie Rose? That command dodge is giving me more trouble than it's worth.

YoshioKST

Thank you, I'm practicing that atm!

One more question...does Mila have anything on Phase 4? I'm VERY lost in this matchup X_x

Vincent Rayne

Thank you, I'm practicing that atm!

One more question...does Mila have anything on Phase 4? I'm VERY lost in this matchup X_x
not really since P4's fast strings will catch you sidestepping. it's mostly a player versus player match. figure out what your opponent does and how they play with her. a lot of times at mid to long range they will do 66K to go into her teleport. but it's still risky to assume what they are gonna do and try to make a move based on that. you just gotta play defensively and wait for an opening. the goal is to make them afraid to press buttons. but getting to that point is different with every phase 4 player.

Yare Yare

Are there any bread and butter moves/combos for Mila? Just started playing her and im still a bit overwhelmed.

Soaring Zero

Through my own experience I'm finding that Mila has to play very defensively against a lot of characters. Particularly ones with faster pokes than hers. Universally, I tend to stick to 4K, 4H+K, and 6P+K to fish for hits. 6H+K is good to for catching an opponent whiffing within range of it. I mix takedowns and throws in once they start trying to hold the aforementioned moves.

Vincent Rayne

actually, i believe mila is really fast in terms of jabbing and can be very offensive and put on good pressure. 2P is really good for opening people up and it being +1 makes it uber useful. using H+K is also really good for neutral game as well. it's only -1 and has push back. then there are all of her tackle and feint options. 4H+K is good for whiff punishing fast moves and poking but it's not all that great since all it does is light poke damage and won't stun even on high counter, let alone counter hit. 4K is good but watch out for using it on block and going into the feint. people experienced with mila matchups can and often will shut down that particular option quickly.

Soaring Zero

Ok thanks. I didn't know about 2P and H+K. Gonna have to use those more. I'm still working on the feints but I'm starting to get them a little. Though its a bit irritating when fighting mashy opponents.

Kuga

Im stil lamenting after her 1P nerf. It was pefrect.

It's shame that there is many lows in game that give adv on hit that are left untouched, but they had to nerf Mila's.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD