DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

rximmortal

about this ground grab after wall stun. Wall stun is different depending on how high the oponent is slammed to it. Which depend of oponents weight too. So here is a way to do this OS without fail. The moment you are looking for is after the slam when the oponent is falling on the ground. Watch his head. The moment it touches the ground go for 2T. If he tech than your best follows are 2P or PP1KP. good luck

Vincent Rayne

Any tips on Gen-Fu? He seems way, way, waaaaay too fast. Or I'm doing it wrong.
sidestep_throw in the middle of his punch strings. Mila is faster than gen fu by a bit as well. but really it all depends on the gen fu players. that's how you have to fight him is by adapting to the players play style with him. It's a shame that my mila primarily goes unnoticed cause the west coast scene ain't all that good when it comes to broadcasting and stuff. otherwise it'd be known that I'm the best Mila in the west coast at least. and I'm not just bragging either. I know Mila better than my former main who I had for years. (Kokoro) and even dropped her to pick up the mma fighter. I have a good amount of different matchup knowledge due to my many offline training sessions as well. I do have to give many thanks to SomethingUnique for I got a lot of good stuff from his guide back when DOA5U was still fresh. I just added in my own playstyle to it since I lean towards the guaranteed damage over gimmicks. (aka i don't go for ground grappling unless i do a ground splat). so I'm looking forward to putting tech and stuff together with you guys cause I'm hoping DOA5:LR will take off and spark life in the game again and get it more attention to show up at more majors.

rximmortal

Against characters with Not much Tracking skills (Like Gen Fu) you can try this out. If you are defending. While holding block , spam UP. If you does this correctly, you shall side step in the first possible frame and you can go for counter attack this way. Because this is really tricky to be done. I suggest to be done in the end of the combo streak.

Vincent Rayne

one thing I definitely gotta change is my sidestep button. The sidestep reaction in DOA is much slower than the game I come from (soul calibur) so I find myself getting hit when I meant to sidestep. it's a challenge to learn a new habit but it's definitely gonna work in the long run. the thing about gen fu is that there is little room to make mistakes. Because he has high guaranteed damage output. it's risky to poke with anything other than lows because of that parry. That's why I find it so important to know how a gen fu fights. does he use parries. does he finish strings? (for that free low throw) does he grab? does he adapt.

To me primarily what Mila is. Reading and adapting. at least that's what I struggle with.

rximmortal

Thank you both! Never knew sidestep had more priority than the block button.
It is not that whats happened.If you hold block and just start tapping up nothing will happened. It does if you are in Block stun.
And one other tip , when you are in disadvantage and you are going to hold the block button. The better thing to do is just hold Up & Back ( Diagonal). This way you shall make the distance between you bigger, which is better for you as a defending player.

Hurricane Rev

Does anyone know a great way on how to deal with brad wong? I've been struggling fighting against him recently and I'm not really sure what is the proper way to fight that character. Any help would be much appreciated

rximmortal

Does anyone know a great way on how to deal with brad wong? I've been struggling fighting against him recently and I'm not really sure what is the proper way to fight that character. Any help would be much appreciated

- 2P ( gets him standing )
- Keep distance and go for 3H+K
- You can try to side step (Punch) some of his moves.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Remember she also has a low OH that puts them into the head mount for KKK or H+P. In general having a low OH against Brad is very helpful.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I've been using 1P+K, 7K and TD~H~P for "going in" from neutral to start combos... the latter which is an i9 frame mid...

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Mila really does have pretty neat space control options in general. 4K... 4K+H from a distance. 4K into TD~H follow ups can be quite annoying for the opposing player. Against opponents up close, I also sometimes use 1K+HP or PP1K+H strings because it will stun on natural hit (that and you can use of yomi against more knowledgeable opponents, playing mind games with them in case they end up anticipate that low. 1K+H can be canceled by itself...)

rximmortal

Mila really does have pretty neat space control options in general. 4K... 4K+H from a distance. 4K into TD~H follow ups can be quite annoying for the opposing player. Against opponents up close, I also sometimes use 1K+HP or PP1K+H strings because it will stun on natural hit (that and you can use of yomi against more knowledgeable opponents, playing mind games with them in case they end up anticipate that low. 1K+H can be canceled by itself...)

PP1K+HP - is good , The only problem is that it is best to be used as clearly offensive stuff , not as 0-0 frame situation. ( like after grab cancel ). Because very often you win the 0-0 frame situation but the game remmembers your oponents Button mash or even he is still mashing and you get Counter hited in the Startup frames of 1K+H which is pretty bad :( .

Last edited:

Jefffcore

about this ground grab after wall stun. Wall stun is different depending on how high the oponent is slammed to it. Which depend of oponents weight too. So here is a way to do this OS without fail. The moment you are looking for is after the slam when the oponent is falling on the ground. Watch his head. The moment it touches the ground go for 2T. If he tech than your best follows are 2P or PP1KP. good luck
Nothing on the wall has anything to do with height. After you splat, knock them back into the crumple. You should be buffering 2k already for the timing, then 2T. Works everytime.

rximmortal

Nothing on the wall has anything to do with height. After you splat, knock them back into the crumple. You should be buffering 2k already for the timing, then 2T. Works everytime.
The distance is different , exept if you are not right next to the wall and your oponent is not flying to it at all.

Jefffcore

I don't understand what you mean. The only thing that matters against the wall is the last move you use. The amount of advantage you have is the amount it takes for the crumple, minus the recovery on your last attack.

Of course, this is all assuming you're straight and in range already.

Last edited:

rximmortal

I don't understand what you mean. The only thing that matters against the wall is the last move you use. The amount of advantage you have is the amount it takes for the crumple, minus the recovery on your last attack.

Of course, this is all assuming you're straight and in range already.

Maybe I did not explain my theory right.
What I am trying to say is that, it is not always necessary to follow the frame data to win certain situation.
Every player has their tricks which work for them. I just give another "option" to do the ground grab.
Yes it matters with which move you finish your attack. And because many times it happened that you slam your foe to the wall accidently or you just do not finish them with the same move, than if you still want to option select grab them. You can use what I explain upper.

Jefffcore

Oh, ok. Well in that case you need to practice it until it's habitual. You don't need to follow frames, but trying to time it isn't gonna be as accurate.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD