Online lobby problems

Chapstick

My ps3's in the same room as our router and my connection is great, but lobbies are always a huge hassle. I can usually only join 1/10 lobbies and there are times I can't join a single lobby out of a list of 15. I either get "unable to find opponent" or "unable to join lobby" and sometimes the game even freezes when trying to enter certain lobbies (repeatedly if I try that same lobby over and over.)

Invitations also rarely work. My friend tries making lobbies and spams me with invites that all end up not working. But I can make a lobby and invite my friend and it works completely fine. I searched around and saw that people used to have these problem but not so much anymore. It all makes no sense.

:( :mad: :( :mad: :(

UpSideDownGRUNT

I believe it's a problem with PS3 version itself I don't believe I've ever seen/heard of these problems on Xbox. However, I can't really tell you how to fix it it seems to just fix itself eventually I guess but I sometimes get the problem as well. as for random lobbies some lobbies may be locked to a particular connection setting.

Example would be that a lobby at 4bars will not take people overseas and I had an instance where I was 5bars and couldn't enter the 4 bar lobby because my connection wasn't 4 bars lol DoA5's online/netcode is fucked as it is right now, I pray to Haruhi that it's fixed in 5U.

Brute

Standard Donor
First of all, I have no idea how you have ever found 15 lobbies running simultaneously on PSN.

Second, I and many others have experienced similar issues. Most frustratingly, it seems to happen at random on the PS3 version. Sometimes I can "fix" it by signing out of PSN and signing back in. Other times, I can "fix" it by joining a match, finishing the match, then trying to join the lobbies again (ie: play a single ranked match). Other times, it simply won't fix. Sorry. Empathy.

Finally, TN has allegedly fixed all the problems that were buried "deep in the game's code" or w/e for 5 Ultimate, so hopefully in one month's time we won't have to put up with this junk anymore.

Seppu

i used to get a lot of false "sign outs" that would immediately kick me from the fight, resulting in a loss. A LOT. i rarely even got to finish a match, and around 50% of my losses are from sign outs...

anyway, that was fixed in 1.03 and i've never seen one since. thank god.

Chapstick

as for random lobbies some lobbies may be locked to a particular connection setting
Those show up greyed out and a lot of times the only lobbies I can join have a connection requirement go figure :/

First of all, I have no idea how you have ever found 15 lobbies running simultaneously on PSN.
On a good afternoon I've seen up to 20, just a few days ago too. Usually when I check at night there's 8-10.

Brute

Standard Donor
On a good afternoon I've seen up to 20, just a few days ago too. Usually when I check at night there's 8-10.
Setting mine to "nearby" I get 4 on a good day. Worldwide I only get about 9 listed, total.
What day/time are you usually checking?

Chapstick

Setting mine to "nearby" I get 4 on a good day. Worldwide I only get about 9 listed, total.
What day/time are you usually checking?
I believe it was around 3 or 4 my time (EST) and I always have it set to worldwide. Japan makes up a good portion of the lists though and occasionally I'm able to join one of theirs with the same success rate as joining one from the US.

Brute

Standard Donor
I believe it was around 3 or 4 my time (EST) and I always have it set to worldwide. Japan makes up a good portion of the lists though and occasionally I'm able to join one of theirs with the same success rate as joining one from the US.
My connection to Japan is awful. Strange, too, considering my typical connection to the UK isn't so bad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD