Online multiplayer is a complete disappointment

MasterHavik

Your standards are very clear. You think the online is acceptable in some fashion. You cannot tell me you can counter on reaction. You cannot tell me you can block low on reaction. You cannot tell me that you can punish every unsafe attack.

I've had matches that SEEMED to play smoothly, but I still can't do these things. At high levels of play you MUST do these things. From your perspective, the online seems just fine in these matches. However, that doesn't make the online good or even acceptable. It is still terrible. Just because you're accepting of it and believe that it isn't the "massacre" I'm making it out to be does not mean you're right.

As it stands, the online in this game does not allow offline, competitive players to practice at high levels. This drastically hurts the competitive scene. Online in VF5, SC5 and TTT2 are all good enough to actually play it at competitive levels and get a solid experience out of it. Even in those games, it's not as good as offline, but it's close enough to get good practice. The same thing CANNOT be said about DOA5, no matter what your opinion of the online is.

So once again... my standards are higher than yours, and the online is not good. Period.

Calm down Snoop Dr.dogg TN is close to fixing it.

Nightpup

Honestly, get off your high horse, Dogg. Don't go stepping on everyone else simply for having a different opinion than you. Some of us believe the netcode is perfectly fine. You think it's trash. I'm fine with that. Now be fine with our opinion, for fuck's sake.

MasterHavik

Honestly, get off your high horse, Dogg. Don't go stepping on everyone else simply for having a different opinion than you. Some of us believe the netcode is perfectly fine. You think it's trash. I'm fine with that. Now be fine with our opinion, for fuck's sake.
Well Snoop Dr.dogg wrote the guide...and is kind of piss he didn't get a chance to test the netcode....So he kind of has a right to this when you consider those factors. Just sayin'.... I mean I bet he feels betrayed he didn't get a chance to test the netcode before the official launch.

Nightpup

He's still a member here like anyone else, and shouldn't yell at others who have different opinions. It sickens me to see this sort of hierarchy, however much of an exaggeration that may be.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
You people are missing the point. From a high level perspective this netcode is unforgiving. There is no sugar coding it. It's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact. You can say how smooth the online runs for you, but fact of the matter is you can't step your game up by competing online in this game, or prepare for a high level tournament online due to this netcode. This is a fact so I feel his pain. Even if the online runs smooth for you(rather this is true or not) doesn't change that fact since most people seem to feel differently and there is a reason they're working on patching the netcode because TN GETS it. The online is BAD and can't be played seriously, and unless you have a big offline competitive scene locally(which I doubt most people do with doa) how do you better your game?

I've played tons of matches and I'm yet to play one where I can counter on reaction, and block properly and throw punish off of non safe stuff. The online screws up with input and frames big time. Unless you're trying to play this game competitively offline, you can't possibly meet his standards(which is what he was getting at). No need to get so offended.

When I've played DOA offline competitively you couldn't possibly go back to the bad online. Who could? And how can people say that this online is okay? It isn't and we want a change in that.

MasterHavik

He's still a member here like anyone else, and shouldn't yell at others who have different opinions. It sickens me to see this sort of hierarchy, however much of an exaggeration that may be.
lol dogg ain't king. He's Snoop Dr.Dogg. That's all he is man. But I would be upset if I was Dogg if they didn't let him test the netcode.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
lol dogg ain't king. He's Snoop Dr.Dogg. That's all he is man. But I would be upset if I was Dogg if they didn't let him test the netcode.

It's Snoop Dr. Dre Dogg. Triple D-O-double G. Had to point that out since you kept getting it wrong.

shunwong

At first I thought the netcode was OK, it seemed to work well for me. But the more I learn the game the more I notice how bad the netcode is. Input lag is terrible. It can even be noticed in the character selection/stage selection screen.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
So basically, the moral of the thread is don't be too vocal about the online being playable before the patch, or face the wrath of an angry mob and get lynched.

Well, ChrisArmoun and Nightpup... as your only friend you got here (since everyone else seems to hate you guys at this point) I dunno what to tell you guys except play it safe. It ain't worth being vocal at this point.

BierKlauMeister

If you think the online in this game is good, youre not a competitive offline doa player, aka, youre one of those "i love doa and write 100x times a day in forums how much i love doa but i wont show up at a SINGLE OFFLINE TOURNAMENT because - insert bullshit excuse here - " players.

doa4 all again. We got the offline players who realize the netcode is bullshit, and the online warriors who think its fine and love their unblockable lows -_-

Awesmic

Standard Donor
If you think the online in this game is good, youre not a competitive offline doa player, aka, youre one of those "i love doa and write 100x times a day in forums how much i love doa but i wont show up at a SINGLE OFFLINE TOURNAMENT because - insert bullshit excuse here - " players.
Indeed, I am.

You caught me red-handed...

Awesmic

Standard Donor
On which side are you?
Why does it matter? Blau-what's-his-name has already drawn his own conclusions about me.

You should probably hate me too, 'cause obviously, I've never shown up to a single offline tournament.

EDIT: Never mind, you changed the edit.

All this bickering is laughable, and IMO this is why people don't take the DOA community seriously. I play games to (gasp) have fun. My buddies and I set up private rooms and all 6 of us play, and 95% of the time we don't have serious lag and our holds, and moves all work as expected.
Would I like an improved net code, yes because I'm no fool and I understand that it could be better, but I'm not going to insult people who are enjoying the game despite the netcode not being perfect.
Calling people noobs or implying people's skill level must be low because they enjoy plaing online as it is isn't nessiary.
Team Ninja is working on it so we'll see how it works post patch.
As far as tournaments go, I live in Louisiana and plan on going to Final Round and (if the wife allows me) to EVO, so if DOA 5 is playable at those tournaments I'll play there so I'm sorry is having a life outside of gaming is a "bullshit excuse" to some people.
Get it together people.

WiZzYx

Why does it matter? Blau-what's-his-name has already drawn his own conclusions about me.

You should probably hate me too, 'cause obviously, I've never shown up to a single offline tournament.

EDIT: Never mind, you changed the edit.
Haha, sorry. I must to refresh the browser more often.

As far as tournaments go, I live in Louisiana and plan on going to Final Round and (if the wife allows me) to EVO, so if DOA 5 is playable at those tournaments I'll play there so I'm sorry is having a life outside of gaming is a "bullshit excuse" to some people.
Get it together people.

Orson-Welles.gif

BierKlauMeister

im just sad, i think the bad netcode, and the predominantly online community that has always plagued doa will kill this game... its a shame, since i actually like it a lot.

Hope you guys prove me wrong and shove this words up my ass one day with an evo showing of over 1k but... i doubt doa5 will have the numbers presence in majors to even make it to evo so... what can i say... im sad.

Hopefully IPL does something good with this thing, im out of this thread, have fun people

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD