Opinions on low holds?

Brute

Standard Donor
I now have a low throw that's 120 damage on HiC.

Spam low holds and see where it gets you. Please, try.

Brute

Standard Donor
Active window is still to long though.
Active window isn't so much the problem. It's supposed to hold lows so that's what it does.
It's the recovery that's a pain, because then it's effectively dodging highs and standing throws, too.

Just make the recovery 120 frames so that if you don't actually grab a low like you're theoretically supposed to be doing, you lose a massive chunk of health.

Shazzam!

Omegan Eckhart

Active window isn't so much the problem. It's supposed to hold lows so that's what it does.
It's the recovery that's a pain, because then it's effectively dodging highs and standing throws, too.

Just make the recovery 120 frames so that if you don't actually grab a low like you're theoretically supposed to be doing, you lose a massive chunk of health.

Shazzam!
When I free cancel my string and then do a different attack only to have them catch my next attack with the last frame of their counter it annoys me to no end. I looks so stupid seeing that massive pause when they miss and then suddenly BAM! they do their counter animation.

It just feels and looks really scrubby to me.

Drake Aldan

When an opponent does a low hold and avoids my throw it's like AAAARGH

But really, as said before, it just means I should have used a mid. Going for the low throw just seems too risky to me, I think it should be reserved for when you know they're gonna low hold (but why not CB then?)

Seppu

minor solution: give all low holds squatting status. this way standing throws, crouching throws and moves that require a crouching opponent will still connect, however highs will still whiff.

major solution: give all low holds standing status and tweak the animation slightly if necessary. this way they'll get hit in the face with anything.

problem solved.

Brute

Standard Donor
minor solution: give all low holds squatting status. this way standing throws, crouching throws and moves that require a crouching opponent will still connect, however highs will still whiff.
^I actually really like this idea.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD