Pai Chan Tournament footage?

What's up community.

I've been gone a minute caught up with life. However, I've been searching YouTube and watching matches. Staying close per say.

Have even seen @Force_of_Nature youtube channel blossoming. Kudos to that brother. I watch his stuff often.

Right now I'm confused, I can't seem to find any footage of Pai in tournament matches on YouTube. Even though, in the YouTube search field I type: "Pai Tournament matches" nothing comes up other than people playing her single player story or online games.

But that's not what I want. I want to see her tournament fights with the pros. Is she banned? Don't see her in winter brawl, defend the north... etc.

If anybody has any footage of her tournament matches please share the links. Thanks.

Thanks force,

Damn that sucks. I like her style.

Question. This is definitely noob asf, since I can't seem to find it on google nor in her command list. Does she have a taunt? If so how do I perform it?
(I already set my left trigger as the taunt button) just don't know any taunt commands.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks force,

Damn that sucks. I like her style.

Question. This is definitely noob asf, since I can't seem to find it on google nor in her command list. Does she have a taunt? If so how do I perform it?
(I already set my left trigger as the taunt button) just don't know any taunt commands.
You're welcome.

Pai Chan & the other VF characters don't have taunts.

Lulu

I honestly believe Itabashi Zangief's Pai is somewhat High Level. Or maybe I'm just saying that because he's the best Pai I've seen.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I honestly believe Itabashi Zangief's Pai is somewhat High Level. Or maybe I'm just saying that because he's the best Pai I've seen.

He's an extremely high level top VF5FS player but in DOA I'd say he's upper-intermediate. Though, don't get me wrong, his Pai is very solid, which is mostly due to probably having memorized the cast in VF5FS. I.e. Pai's moveset in DOA5LR is very similar to how it is in DOA5LR.

Lulu

He's an extremely high level top VF5FS player but in DOA I'd say he's upper-intermediate. Though, don't get me wrong, his Pai is very solid, which is mostly due to probably having memorized the cast in VF5FS. I.e. Pai's moveset in DOA5LR is very similar to how it is in DOA5LR.

Well.... he should hang up VF until VF6 Comes out and dedicate himself to DoA.... he could make a killing.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Well.... he should hang up VF until VF6 Comes out and dedicate himself to DoA.... he could make a killing.
Itazan's main game is SF, I'm pretty sure he would make more in that than DOA with his SF skills.

With the way SEGA is going, I'm being doubtful for VF6, despite the game being massively overdue now.

Ok. Good to know it wasn't me being dumb not knowing where to look. So ok, VF characters no taunts. Got it.

Talking about VF,

I've recently ran across several random threads/YouTube videos where they say DOA 5 got its RPS (rock, paper, scissors mechanics) from VF. And supposedly... VF5 is *deeper* in regards to mechanics, complexities, more options within instances of attacks or being attacked.

Basically the chess of 3D fighting. Since most of it sounded subjective I didn't pay much mind to it. However, I did run across an alarming volume of these claims. So naturally my interest has been piqued.

I never played VF, (any of the games in the series) And so I was hoping some of you guys can answer if these claims are true? (Without arguments if possible) lol. Just objective breakdowns of what DOA5 does better over VF5 and vise versa.

Because if VF5 is as deep as they say I'd like to try it out.

Lulu

I'm no expert but the only thing Virtua Fighter 5 Does better over DoA is Sides Steps and The Crush System.

As for RPS Systems..... its important to note that Virtua Fighter doesn't have DoA's Critical Stun System so as a result it doesn't have Critical Holds, Critical Bursts or anything with the word Critical infront of it. So the Combos are much shorter.

Virtua Fighter is very Poke Heavy.... meaning there's going to be alot of Defensive Play and alot more Back and Forth. As such you'l be using throws alot more often than you would in DoA..... you know.... to get passed your opponent's guard.... and because it does plenty of Damage.

VF also has a bunch of Guard Breaks and Sabaki's.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Ok. Good to know it wasn't me being dumb not knowing where to look. So ok, VF characters no taunts. Got it.

Talking about VF,

I've recently ran across several random threads/YouTube videos where they say DOA 5 got its RPS (rock, paper, scissors mechanics) from VF. And supposedly... VF5 is *deeper* in regards to mechanics, complexities, more options within instances of attacks or being attacked.

Basically the chess of 3D fighting. Since most of it sounded subjective I didn't pay much mind to it. However, I did run across an alarming volume of these claims. So naturally my interest has been piqued.

I never played VF, (any of the games in the series) And so I was hoping some of you guys can answer if these claims are true? (Without arguments if possible) lol. Just objective breakdowns of what DOA5 does better over VF5 and vise versa.

Because if VF5 is as deep as they say I'd like to try it out.

DOA got a lot of its mechanics from VF, and hence both games have a lot of similarities but don't exactly play the same way. In terms of depth, DOA5LR & VF5FS are around the same. Both games are incredibly deep. Arguably two of the deepest modern fighting games. The thing is that DOA5LR's complexities & VF5FS's complexities are different. I.e. They focus around different things.

VF5FS's complexities come from:

- Size of movesets (including the occasional "Just Frame" manoeuvres)
- Heavy reliance on Match-Up Knowledge
- Taking into account side-turned properties (and backturned properties)
- Heavy reliance on fully understanding frame data (punishment, guarantees, frametraps, etc.)
- Knowledge of when to implement sidesteps along with knowing what's half-circular + direction or full-circular
- Optimizing the wall game and okizeme
- Movement and spacing, particularly for positioning and inducing whiffs (includes sidestep techniques)
- Knowing how to perform and utilize fuzzy guards
- Generally deeper metagame than most fighting games

DOA5LR's complexities come from:

- Size of movesets
- Very heavy reliance on Match-Up Knowledge and metagame
- Heavy reliance on fully understanding frame data (punishment, guarantees, frametraps, stun follow-ups against slow escapes, etc.)
- Requires a deep understanding of the stun threshold system
- Fairly heavy reliance on effective stagger escaping
- Requires very sharp reactions in certain situations (such as when performing "Reactive String Holding")
- Neutral game is not as obvious due to considerable variations in every character's High/Mid/Low poke speeds
- Combos need to be adapted for various situations regularly
- Environmental interactions can require a lot of training to fully optimize in live matches
- Optimizing okizeme
- A heavy discouragement from "auto-piloting" combos or "dial-a-combos"
- Movement, spacing and footsies are crucial at higher levels for most characters
- Arguably one of the deeper metagames that you'll find in any fighting game

There's more to both of these games, but that's the gist of it. What VF5FS does better than DOA5LR is providing a more solid all-round fighting experience with more "consistencies" in move properties amongst the roster. What DOA5LR does better than VF5FS is provide a vastly superior presentation in terms of both visuals and audio along with a larger and more varied cast and vastly superior stage designs and interactions. Both games do complement each other and skills learned in both games can carry over to a degree, but I will warn you that you can't play VF like DOA or play DOA like VF. That is a huge mistake that players make when crossing over.

Lulu

DOA got a lot of its mechanics from VF, and hence both games have a lot of similarities but don't exactly play the same way. In terms of depth, DOA5LR & VF5FS are around the same. Both games are incredibly deep. Arguably two of the deepest modern fighting games. The thing is that DOA5LR's complexities & VF5FS's complexities are different. I.e. They focus around different things.

VF5FS's complexities come from:

- Size of movesets (including the occasional "Just Frame" manoeuvres)
- Heavy reliance on Match-Up Knowledge
- Taking into account side-turned properties (and backturned properties)
- Heavy reliance on fully understanding frame data (punishment, guarantees, frametraps, etc.)
- Knowledge of when to implement sidesteps along with knowing what's half-circular + direction or full-circular
- Optimizing the wall game and okizeme
- Movement and spacing, particularly for positioning and inducing whiffs (includes sidestep techniques)
- Knowing how to perform and utilize fuzzy guards
- Generally deeper metagame than most fighting games

DOA5LR's complexities come from:

- Size of movesets
- Very heavy reliance on Match-Up Knowledge and metagame
- Heavy reliance on fully understanding frame data (punishment, guarantees, frametraps, stun follow-ups against slow escapes, etc.)
- Requires a deep understanding of the stun threshold system
- Fairly heavy reliance on effective stagger escaping
- Requires very sharp reactions in certain situations (such as when performing "Reactive String Holding")
- Neutral game is not as obvious due to considerable variations in every character's High/Mid/Low poke speeds
- Combos need to be adapted for various situations regularly
- Environmental interactions can require a lot of training to fully optimize in live matches
- Optimizing okizeme
- A heavy discouragement from "auto-piloting" combos or "dial-a-combos"
- Movement, spacing and footsies are crucial at higher levels for most characters
- Arguably one of the deeper metagames that you'll find in any fighting game

There's more to both of these games, but that's the gist of it. What VF5FS does better than DOA5LR is providing a more solid all-round fighting experience with more "consistencies" in move properties amongst the roster. What DOA5LR does better than VF5FS is provide a vastly superior presentation in terms of both visuals and audio along with a larger and more varied cast and vastly superior stage designs and interactions. Both games do complement each other and skills learned in both games can carry over to a degree, but I will warn you that you can't play VF like DOA or play DOA like VF. That is a huge mistake that players make when crossing over.

Yeah.... just go ahead and ignore what I said earlier.... this is much better. ;)

Yeah.... just go ahead and ignore what I said earlier.... this is much better. ;)

Lol. You still did good bro. Yea @Force_of_Nature killed it here with the breakdown. He essentially, said what he said, dropped the mic... and walked off stage.

I like what VF5 brings, I'll try it out at some point. I love the poke & defense consistency it encourages.

That said, a try I will give, my mind can only practice/absorb so many fighting games. And currently Soul Calibur & DOA5 have my heart when it comes to 3D fighters which I'd prefer to fully invest myself in.

Thanks fellas, I learned a lot in this thread.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD