Pai questions and answers thread (Fundamentals)

EDog21

What the upside with Pai? She seems lacking compared to the majority of the cast in my opinion. Her juggles appear to be unorthodox and not that great damage wise. Her strings seem to be predictable, her counters suck, and her speed doesn't seem to make up for the previously mentioned issues. I especially struggle with people who block well. I can throw of course, but if I wanted to throw I would be using a different character. She doesn't appear to have much to frighten the opposition in my opinion. It could be my own personal skill that is the issue though.

Really? I seem to be rarely free canceling with Pai tbh. But yeah H+K does crush lows, and it does during the animation I believe.
Thanks for that.

I've been thinking of using Pai's 4K to transition into HAK, then using the evasive properties of the stance, and the moves from the stance, against wake-up kicks.

Allan Paris

What the upside with Pai? She seems lacking compared to the majority of the cast in my opinion. Her juggles appear to be unorthodox and not that great damage wise. Her strings seem to be predictable, her counters suck, and her speed doesn't seem to make up for the previously mentioned issues. I especially struggle with people who block well. I can throw of course, but if I wanted to throw I would be using a different character. She doesn't appear to have much to frighten the opposition in my opinion. It could be my own personal skill that is the issue though.

Saturday I will show you somethings with her. But the flaws you have pointed out with her are what holds her down. IF her damage was better she'd be crazy. Even still she can be scary, if you are playing against the unknowing or people who can't stop hitting buttons. Pai murders those type of players, easy.

Saturday I will show you somethings with her. But the flaws you have pointed out with her are what holds her down. IF her damage was better she'd be crazy. Even still she can be scary, if you are playing against the unknowing or people who can't stop hitting buttons. Pai murders those type of players, easy.
Yup. Crazy and then subsequently nerfed. LoL.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Sometimes I throw or counter my opponent (can't remember which) and their health flashes. What is that for?

Sometimes I throw or counter my opponent (can't remember which) and their health flashes. What is that for?
It's actually both. Some of Pai's throws and holds, put the opponent in a critical stun state. That is what is happening when you see their life bar flash.

Tokkosho

ok so quick question... you know how when BT and near a wall Pai has the wall run kick? well the other day i was about to do that, but instead pai seemed to be about to do a backflip off the wall, i was hit out of it so idk if i was like seeing things, and i didn't save the replay (im retarded) so i was wondering, anyone know how to do this or if it even exists? and while on the topic, can you actually do anything after that wall kick?? it seems unless they counter, since they fall fast enuff to not be able to be hit.

Tokkosho

ok so i got behind someone earlier with that move a minute ago and the recovery was so long the person hit me before i could hit them.... so new question, has anyone made use of this, what should i do after it?? i wanna do 3P+K for the wall hit... but i dont think i recover fast enuff, which is sad considering the timing you have to have to get it to actually land behind them....

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
I didn't know that she could do a wall kick as tokkosho says. How exactly do you do it?

Codemaster92163

The only bad thing about that kick is that it doesn't really give you anything to follow it up with. That said, I'm a sucker for a flashy move, so I use it whenever I just want to jump off the ground and kick people in their faces =P

Tokkosho

The only bad thing about that kick is that it doesn't really give you anything to follow it up with. That said, I'm a sucker for a flashy move, so I use it whenever I just want to jump off the ground and kick people in their faces =P
same lol, but a lot of people like to just hit hold, so it opens an opportunity to get a guaranteed CB (if they low counter) or a throw loop, or reverse the situation with her rising 4T to put them at the wall. the flip however.... sucks major ass.

Tokkosho

sorry im not good at the whole matchup thing >.< and sorry for no1 else responding lol
EDIT: just remembered, you could always ask allan paris

Some anti-Mila strategies would be much appreciated. That girl is a monster.
I too, was hoping someone would have replied to your post. I am not a, true believer, when it comes to character-specific match-ups, but, here we go.

Fear the mount. Don't get paralysed by the fear of it, but know that if you don't give the mount the appropriate fear it deserves you will be it's continued victim. Fear is good. Mila's mid kick hold enters the mount also. If you struggle escaping the follow-ups keep this in mind against opponents fishing for it. Many of Mila's best ranged poking tools are mid kicks. Pai's mid kick hold is probably her best hold because you get guaranteed damage. Unfortunately, Mila cancel 2 of those kicks into -- you guessed it! -- mount. Mila has a short list of moves, however. I say go into training mode, set the dummy to a decent COM level and duke it out. You'll gain some of the familiarity you no doubt lack, since, she IS a new character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD