DOA5LR Patch 1.04 and slowdowns

Akumasama

Anybody experiencing extremely long and nonsensical loading times, at random, since after patch 1.04 hit?
Is there a way to avoid them or we just have to shut up and wait for the next patch? ?_?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Not on Xbox One I haven't. Haven't played much post-patch but it went smoothly for me.

Akumasama

PS4 here. There are random huge loading times when you load up the game, or when it's "testing for content" or when you press "online" in the main menu.

Some other times instead you get very very very long black screens online while loading the character select screen etc.
It's excruciating...

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The checking content screen is a bit long-ish but not unbearably so. I haven't seen the rest of what you're referring to. I could check my PS4 copy in a bit but someone else will probably get to it before I do.

Akumasama

Keep in mind they appear at random. They're not rare, but they don't happen 100% of the times either.
Once I got the huge loading time when going from the "Ranked / Lobby / Fighers's list" menu into the main menu by pressing Circle.
It stayed there "thinking" with the circle thing circling in the lower right corner of the screen... for almost 2 minutes.

It's stuff like that, very random and happening in different places at different times.
Likewise for the blackscreens (which only happen when fighting online in lobbies, but still randomly)

werewolfgold

I got a weird hang up like that once when I tried to exit arcade mode. I saw that the throwdown wasn't searching for anything so I tried to back out and double check to make sure that it was on.

BOOM. Stuck. I just rebooted the game.

But, yeah. 1.04 definitely brought some unwanted things. I heard something about the game crashing if you use the move list display online, too.

Akumasama

Yeah that's a known bug, they even display it on screen (with a scrolling message) to avoid using that.

Akumasama

Not having issues in the PC version and in the X360 version. Not having any issue at all in other online games for PS4.

Deth Cody

The checking content screen is a bit long-ish but not unbearably so. I haven't seen the rest of what you're referring to. I could check my PS4 copy in a bit but someone else will probably get to it before I do.

I was actually thinking of making a thread on the checking content load time.
I timed it and the game took 1min 34 secs to check for content. (your time might vary with amount of dlc)
The real problem is that the game doesnt need to check for content, the time it takes is literally the game taking time off your life.

Try this: Close out your doa5:lr so that it is not running (can also have it on the title screen), have a friend start a lobby and invite you. Accept the invite and the game wont check for content and it will just throw you into the lobby (all content accounted for).

This works on the xbox one, dont know about the ps4.
So it seems like some bad coding.

KwonJigglypuff

I always have some lag offline on Crimson at the beginning of the match (after the 10th-12th second, there is a small lag). Nothing big.

PS4

Helena Douglas

Hello....regarding your troubles with version 1.04 I havent experienced long loading times on the xbox one, however I have ran into what i hope is a creepy glitch with the xbox one version of the patch, because I never had any trouble with it before i got the patch. During arcade if i run into the stages home or crimson the background is all black and all you can see is my character and here is the creepy part...the opposing character's face and body would be gone and just their costume and hair remains! You can still hear the stage music and can continue to fight because the game doesnt freeze and when the next stage loads everything is fine, its just glitchy when I run into those stages, and it also sometimes freezes on those stages during winning animations too. all this started a day after i downloaded the 1.04 patch so i hope it is indeed the patch and not my game. Can someone please let me know if they are also having similar problems because i am very worried. Thank you for your time guys. Please Help!?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD