DOA5LR PC Spec are here, it ain't pretty

31gma

Overall, I'm disappointed with the lack of next-gen features for a $40 game in comparison to the 360/PS3's $30 counterpart. My hope is that once online is officially released, TN will implement the next-gen features but that's a tad too late considering the outrage amongst the community. Hopefully they will listen to the PC community if the complaints are loud enough in social media.

I'm putting the blame mainly on Koei Tecmo for this one. Their track record with DW8 is putrid thus far.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
For anyone worried about the CPU spec. That i7 870 is a very very old i7 lol

Pretty gimped release but IF the modding community is strong for this game, the missing Ps4 features won't even matter.

Good point actually. I just noticed that my current i5 has better benchmark results as this i7 from 2009.

samuraihachi

Standard Donor
I like how TN tells people to play the game respectfully with no mods, delays the release of the game to give us "the best" possible experience, yet in the end, all we're getting is a lazy inferior port. So this tells me their "memory" excuse for why the new stages not appearing on PS3/Xbox 360 is BS cause there's no way PC can't handle all of that. Hory shet man. This sure is the "Last Round" for TN. So much shit's been going on lately. Data corruption/DLC not transferring, Xbox one glitches, soft ban, Europe getting shafted, and now this shit. This sure has been one hell of a year for TN.

NightAntilli

For the ones who didn't get the full story:

News for the PC version, info is out in Japanese. Here:
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/lastround/info_steam_spec.html

Minimum specs:
CPU: Core i7 870 or better
Memory: 2GB or more
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: 1280 × 720 pixels
Video Card: 1GB VRAM, DirecX9.0c or better
Sound card: Sound card that supports DirectX 9.0c or better

Recommended specs (for 1080p)
CPU: Core i7 2600 or better
Memory: 4GB or more
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: 1920 × 1080 pixels or better, True Color viewable display
Video Card: 1.5GB VRAM or more, DirecX9.0c or better
Sound card: Sound card that supports DirectX 9.0c or better

Tested video cards

■ Recommended specs
GeForce GTX 760
GeForce GTX 660
GeForce GTX 750 Ti

■ Minimum specs
GeForce GTX 650
GeForce GTX 635
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
GeForce GTS 250

Other info
- Resolutions up to 4K are supported
- Game effects are based on the PS3 version (sadly)
- Shadows are based on the PS4 version
- Anti-aliasing is supported
- 34 characters will be available
- 36 stages will be available. The Danger Zone and The Crimson are NOT included.
- 400 costumes
- New hair styles are available
- Soft engine is NOT available
- Character selection is based on the PS4 version
- All modes like Story, fighting and training mode are fully available
- Gravure (Movie Theater) will be available through a DLC purchase
- Online mode will still be patched in three months after release
- Controller vibration is not available

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I went and counted the stages and variations without DZ and Crimson and I came out with 34 "stages". It would have been 37 had I included them so I wonder if its a typo/miscommunication.

31gma

Even this is making the headlines on PCGamer. I'm fine with more exposure to this as it'll force Koei Tecmo to respond.

Are there stages that share similarities with them?

I mean, who didn't love that lovely sunny evening breeze on Crimson's rooftop and then falling down to lively street with cool shops and cars?

:( waaaaah

David Gregg

For those unaware of CPU & GPU performances, go to cpubenchmark.net
Compare your CPU Mark Rating with the minimum requirements. If it's above 5,488 you should be good to go.

Mine says my performance test rating is 1603... -_-

Good thing I have the PS4 version. When I'll get to actually play it is another story. :/

NightAntilli

Mine is over 9000 (no DBZ reference intended), so I'm good to go. My graphics card is not the best though... It'll meet minimum specs, but not the recommended specs. I'll see how I can tweak the settings... I at least hope they added more adjustments than just resolution, AA and shadow settings...

Kronin

My new pc is almost ready (I just need to get a graphic card from a friend that already bought a new one because upgrading his computer too), but knowing that I'm going to play a version of the game not on par on the PS4/Xbox One my hype is not so high... at least not for today =(

About the requirements of the cpu, remember always to take notice of the processor basics (number of - effective - cores and frequency in hertz): not be tricked from the name of the model, an i7 hasn't to be necessarily better of an i5. The same reasoning is even more true for the graphic card, where a most recent one can be much worse of an older one if the first is part of a low level series and the second is more close to the top of its generation.

Raansu

I'm still not understanding the online issue and why they can't have it available at launch and how they came up with a 3 month window for a patch?

NightAntilli

you can always overclock your GPU
Already done. My HD6850 is running at 911/1051 rather than 775/1000. I'll just have to wait and see how it performs in practice. It should be sort of closer to a stock GTX 750 Ti in performance, but we'll see. I really want a new graphics card... But I'm waiting till next year when the 20nm/14nm cards will be released. Plus I want to make sure that the next card I get is fully compliant with DX12_1.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Already done. My HD6850 is running at 911/1051 rather than 775/1000. I'll just have to wait and see how it performs in practice. It should be sort of closer to a stock GTX 750 Ti in performance, but we'll see. I really want a new graphics card... But I'm waiting till next year when the 20nm/14nm cards will be released. Plus I want to make sure that the next card I get is fully compliant with DX12_1.

390x is coming April with full 12.1 support

NightAntilli

I'd pay at most $350 for a graphics card. Preferably, I'd stick around the $200.

Anyway, going back to DOA5LR on PC, I hope they patch in the additional stages also. It's as if they took the Arcade version of the game and tried updating it for release on the PC.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD