DOA5LR PC-version information collection

SoftCabbage

DOA5LR - Senran Kagura Mashup Set is now availabe @steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/358144

price: 33,99€ (how does this compare to the console prices?)

still not possible to buy individual costumes ... :/
and as expected:
"Note: The costume damage feature is not available in the Steam version."

nice touch from TN to use the PS4 images in the steam store:
"*The stage shown in Mila's screenshot cannot be used in game."
well thx for reminding us ...
somehow feels as if they are just trolling the pc users :(

I didn't know this. But you can't still buy individual dlc? Damn...

FakeSypha

It still crashes when I exit the game. And it seems there aren't many players. Couldn't find a single match yesterday.

Brute

Standard Donor
It still crashes when I exit the game. And it seems there aren't many players. Couldn't find a single match yesterday.
I know several people who have the PC version of DOA. They all gave up on it a long time ago, and it's not hard to blame them. Even if they got everything in order on time and the online was fully functional and outside the beta, lack of lobbies was going to be a tough sell to keep people active long-term. That combined with the consistent "after-thought" treatment is going to keep the number of PC players very low.

Randzz

I know several people who have the PC version of DOA. They all gave up on it a long time ago, and it's not hard to blame them. Even if they got everything in order on time and the online was fully functional and outside the beta, lack of lobbies was going to be a tough sell to keep people active long-term. That combined with the consistent "after-thought" treatment is going to keep the number of PC players very low.
Brute is spot on there, I happen to be among those people. It's not like we didn't warn TN & Tecmo/Koei that would happen. Hell, when the 1.04 patch recently hit for PC version after being for console for how long? My reaction was "meh". Any excitement I had over the PC version is essentially dead due to Tecmo~Koeis/TNs actions on the PC version.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The game can still stuck at "searching opponent" menu when you can't cancel.

Still waiting for lobby...

That happens on consoles as well. Basically it found an opponent but is trying to connect. At worst it'd time out at 30 seconds and let you back out before it attempts to connect to someone again.

djlild7hina

Has anyone heard any news if the other DLC packs will be coming to Steam?

They will most likely release it once the online patch (1.04) is out of beta (whenever that is....)I heard they were only allowed to release a certain amount of DLC packs on Steam so that's why they bundle everything together as opposed to individual.

WisperG

I heard they were only allowed to release a certain amount of DLC packs on Steam so that's why they bundle everything together as opposed to individual.

If that's a general Steam rule and not just something they imposed on LR specifically, then I not sure that's true. Train Simulator has hundreds of expensive DLC packs that are priced comparably to most of DOA's individual packs ($20-$40), which totals some $5300+ of DLC. $320 for all of DOA's Steam DLC looks like chump change by comparison.

djlild7hina

If that's a general Steam rule and not just something they imposed on LR specifically, then I not sure that's true. Train Simulator has hundreds of expensive DLC packs that are priced comparably to most of DOA's individual packs ($20-$40), which totals some $5300+ of DLC. $320 for all of DOA's Steam DLC looks like chump change by comparison.

I believe it's something about the deal that TN has with steam. There was a thread on the steam forum that goes more into depth about this but I can't seem to find it.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Hey, Nvidia shadowplay now supports "shareplay" that supports co-op with voice chat. Could be used for DOA to do private matches until lobby is added....if it is ever added lol.

One downside is that you need a min of 7mbps up/down for both host and guest if you want a good connection.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
So the PC version doesn't die randomly anymore?

EDIT: lol I cant even get in the beta anymore.

Last edited:

RhythmikDesigns

Hey, Nvidia shadowplay now supports "shareplay" that supports co-op with voice chat. Could be used for DOA to do private matches until lobby is added....if it is ever added lol.

One downside is that you need a min of 7mbps up/down for both host and guest if you want a good connection.
Has anyone tested this yet?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD