Plateau

Saro

Hello,

So I finally reached C+ with a very successful string of victories, including beating an A- Hayabusa (!), someone with 22 win streak and a lot of other nice things.

However, as soon as I reached C+ I started losing really bad, and I am now back at C. And I am now keep losing, so I might go even down.
I don't really know what happened, but for sure a big difference between me and my opponents is clear.

They have insanely long strings of combo, especially Marie Rose, which basically can keep me in the air for like 10 seconds, or Helena (also, why every Helena player does tea bagging all the time? I'm ok with it, but why them?) which seems to strike you from every direction without really know what to do.

Is there any long combo string I should definitely try? At the moment my combos are very short and I try to play more mind game, keeping distance, but this seems to have all of a sudden become less effective (or not effective at all).

dante_huyvu

Thats Helena’s stance called Bokuho, not tea bagging lol ;) . And who is your char anyway? You can try combo challenges for some basic combos :D

Saro

I think they use it to tea bag. Well, Nyotengu, that's why I wrote here!

I'm trying :P::+::K: > :h::+::K: > :P::+::K: > :P::P: > :P::P::P: > :1::P::P: > :2::T: (I hope I wrote it right!) which I'm starting to slowly make it work and it's long enough for damage and "psychological advantage".

But yeah, good point going into combo challenge to "memorize" stuff.

Also, there's a consistency in matchups I noticed:

Characters I struggle against:

- Hitomi
- Ayane
- Leifang
- Helena
- Marie Rose

Characters I'm good against:
- Tina
- Bayman
- Bass
- Hayate

Do you see any pattern?

Oh, in the meantime I'm back in C+ !

KING JAIMY

Also, there's a consistency in matchups I noticed:

Characters I struggle against:

- Hitomi
- Ayane
- Leifang
- Helena
- Marie Rose

Characters I'm good against:
- Tina
- Bayman
- Bass
- Hayate

Do you see any pattern?

It seems like you struggle against evasive characters. While Hitomi has nothing special in terms of evasiveness, Ayane has various spacing tools, Leifang has plenty of crushes and parry's, Helena has her Bokuho stance with a million crushes and Marie Rose has a special parry and her Minuet sidestep. As for characters you're good against, you seem to be good against throw-heavy slow characters. Other than that I can't find any similarties in the 2nd list.

Hope this helps!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD