Community Predict Alpha's Nerfs for Last Round

Nightpup

Alpha has a nice lavender color for one of her schoolgirl outfit colors. It really looks nice. I wonder if that color also exists for her regular naked outfit. Also, some moves of Alpha's do actually look stronger, but without the damage counter up I can't tell. 4K string looked buffed, anyway.

synce

I don't think she has the pink option for normal outfits. It kinda hurts my eyes though so IDC, but I am liking the ponytail option :p

alp1.jpg alp2.jpg

Supposedly they nerfed 6PPP according to @J2S but I haven't seen it myself

You know I was only half kidding when I said they'd nerf everything that hasn't been nerfed yet, but it's looking possible

synce

Guys we're almost there, look!

alphanerfs.jpg

By the end of LR's lifetime, Alpha may be the first character in the history of fighting games to have her entire movelist nerfed! TN's incompetence is history-making!

synce

Supposedly her jab is slower and 6P stun was changed I think, but it may be false info since no one can corroborate the info

Intelligent Alpha

Her i9 (11) - a straight jab ... Kasumi's got the same damn poke! WTF? How about speed up some slow moves - like idk - 2h+k. Of course, I did read that someone said that she plays somewhat faster (and you know people are going to mod - with any character of course).

It just isn't enough that the entire cast can have their way with her. I'm surprised it's not big as"#-8gate" though. Actually, yeah. #nerfgate is ridiculous! But her character is kaput (story-wise), so I can't say I'm surprised.

Oh, did anyone hear about the tag partner she is getting - not to mention the "new" tag throw! This "just now" bullshit kills me! smh

Nightpup

Her i9 (11) - a straight jab ... Kasumi's got the same damn poke! WTF? How about speed up some slow moves - like idk - 2h+k. Of course, I did read that someone said that she plays somewhat faster (and you know people are going to mod - with any character of course).

It just isn't enough that the entire cast can have their way with her. I'm surprised it's not big as"#-8gate" though. Actually, yeah. #nerfgate is ridiculous! But her character is kaput (story-wise), so I can't say I'm surprised.

Oh, did anyone hear about the tag partner she is getting - not to mention the "new" tag throw! This "just now" bullshit kills me! smh
....Alpha doesn't have any new tag partners, though, as far as I'm aware. Is there footage of her having a tag partner?

Intelligent Alpha

....Alpha doesn't have any new tag partners, though, as far as I'm aware. Is there footage of her having a tag partner?

That may have been speculation. Her partner "was" Phase 4. Which is ironic because some just "had" to use the other two Kasumis when the third one released. First off, she never had a tag partner (the OBORO tag throw with everybody couldn't make this less obvious). I mean, damn since M.I.S.T. created her, why couldn't anyone from that organization tag with her (Lisa, Rig, etc.)

Intelligent Alpha

I literally have no idea what you're saying.

All right! It's obvious who the tag teams are. Ninja/Ninja, Wrestler/Wrestler, etc. They have tag throws, intros/outros. Alpha has none of this! Hell, she doesn't even have different win/lose poses.

You would think she'd be a legit partner with Kasumi/Phase 4 - but no. Same OBORO throw she can do on her own. On the flipside, pair her with anybody, she does or her partner does the "individual" throw. This is why I brought up MIST since they are the "big bad," here, thus Alpha - who's a big bad, too. So, why not, tag with Lisa, Rig (Donovan's son), Raidou perhaps - a BOSS tag team or Donovan himself!

Does that make sense?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
But Alpha does have a tag partner. Phase 4. Saw the tag throw and everything. And yes the color is Lavender not pink. My bf has some corrupt color settings on his laptop.

And I want a specific point in any video that her jab is now 10 frames and 6P stun was nerfed. If 6P was nerfed I would be very disappointed. I used 6P to get the stun, played the patience game and usually do it again and again for the juggle depending on the situation. Anyway it's not a great mix up at all, but I used it if I need a quick environment or wall mainly because my opponents have serious problems reading or telling when I'm doing it again.

synce

I only saw a bit of Alpha footage on the stream but AFAIK there's no proof of the nerfs, and it's probably just people trolling.

What's her tag throw with P4 like? Did they do something original or reuse normal throw animations?

Nightpup

I only saw a bit of Alpha footage on the stream but AFAIK there's no proof of the nerfs, and it's probably just people trolling.

What's her tag throw with P4 like? Did they do something original or reuse normal throw animations?
Is it safe to assume it's the same throw Kasumi and P4 have? (One does the 5T while the other performs Oboro after the initiator teleports away)

Where can footage of this tag team be found? Do they have intros and outros as well?

synce

The footage should be in one of shacknews' VODs although I haven't had time to look for it yet

http://www.twitch.tv/shacknews/profile/past_broadcasts

They could do some seriously cool DBZ-like stuff with Alpha/P4 so I hope it's not just some rehash... but if Alpha's involved you can almost bet on it :p

Edit: It's here at around 41:50 - http://www.twitch.tv/shacknews/v/3733144 (spoiler: rehashed animation)

Also confirmed: Alpha wears panties in the new costume (nerf?)

pantsu.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD