Probably no new DLC for PS3/Xbox360 users anymore...

David Gregg

A really awkward time for them to bring this up especially right before the big character reveal. So I guess then if there will be a new mode, only current gen/PC will get it.

Really TN just call it DOA5U on last gen with 2 DLC characters. It's not fair to call it Last Round.

Kasumi-Phase-X

If this means other stuff like costumes or the private videos for the 4 DLC characters won't be available for PS3/360 members, than I would just get the PS4 Core Fighters version rather than pay for another update disc/download full price. I was already worried about the Stages, Hair Accessories, & Custom Edit Options not being available for PS3/360 members, but after hearing this I would just wait until I get the PS4 (since there are other games I would want to play for that console). I'm not asking to have everything for free, I just want to have the same experience without having to pay for another console just to play the extra content that was promised for the update since the trailer and details I've followed for DOA5LR.

I do hope there is another way.

Kasumi-Phase-X

Well only certain things are next gen exclusive

So its not too bad.
Even if it isn't too bad that part of Last Round content ends up being console exclusive, but I can't help but feel that PS3 & 360 version will just be DOA5U with 2 characters, extra costumes (at least what has been announced so far), & update patch from LR. I could live without soft engine, new effects, or new graphic details since I wouldn't consider jumping straight for a PS4 just to play DOA5LR since I'm a PS3 member. But having the rest of LR content next gen exclusive kinda bothers Me. (but I'll eventually get the PS4 for other games)

The only good side is that I purchase all characters for DOA5 Core Fighters (since the concerns I have & part of PS3 is having problems when it came to discs which I need to consider fixing).

Argentus

I think it's time for people to upgrade consoles anyway. I mean I did.
I still don't see a reason to, since most games are still coming out for 360 and PS3, with next gen (Not current till I currently own it!) Mostly getting ports and stuff. Last Round being a good example.

I have such a huge backlog of 360 and ps3/ps2/ps1 games to play, that I still won't have a reason to get a ps4 or Xbone for another couple of years. All these "games with gold/playstation plus free games" are only adding to that list.

So for the moment I'm just getting Last Round for ps3, since its not like the next gen versions have anything valuable to offer anyway (two stages I don't really care about, particle effects, and hairstyles I mostly don't care for.) I figure when I get a new comp i'll get it on PC, too.

Shame I won't be able to upload anything anymore, but Youtube upload never worked anyway, was only able to use Facebook.

Trying to say that current gen can't handle anything they are putting on next gen, like costume select options, stages, or hairstyles, is such a transparent lie that its downright pathetic.

d3v

Last year was probably the last year with major AAA titles still having last-gen versions. This year seems that it wont be the case with games like Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed (which got its start last year with Unity), Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Deep Down, Scalebound, Silent Hills, the next Mirror's Edge, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V all in development for the current gen exclusively.

Kohlrak

I'm being serious. We keep getting told that things that were planned are no longer on the table for ps3, "because it can't handle it," which upsets us when we know that's not true.

I still don't see a reason to, since most games are still coming out for 360 and PS3, with next gen (Not current till I currently own it!) Mostly getting ports and stuff. Last Round being a good example.

I laughed when i heard the only difference for GTAV was first person mode. Personally, when i already have hood view, i really don't see the need to spend 400 bucks on more visual clutter. And it gets better, enjoy paying more just to play the games you already bought on hardware that could handle it natively.

I have such a huge backlog of 360 and ps3/ps2/ps1 games to play, that I still won't have a reason to get a ps4 or Xbone for another couple of years. All these "games with gold/playstation plus free games" are only adding to that list.

I have more half-played games than i can count. I feel you.

So for the moment I'm just getting Last Round for ps3, since its not like the next gen versions have anything valuable to offer anyway (two stages I don't really care about, particle effects, and hairstyles I mostly don't care for.) I figure when I get a new comp i'll get it on PC, too.

Well, don't worry, they keep nerfing it, and it seems over half of FSD isn't switching, but, hey, maybe you and i could have some rounds until they shut online down to force us to move if we want online (asking for decentralization in this world today is apparently too much).

Shame I won't be able to upload anything anymore, but Youtube upload never worked anyway, was only able to use Facebook.

Fortunately i didn't use this feature. I was thinking about using it lately to step up my game (getting feedback), but it would seem now that it's not worth it. Can't see why they'd drop a feature that was already there and worked, but ok, whatever.

Trying to say that current gen can't handle anything they are putting on next gen, like costume select options, stages, or hairstyles, is such a transparent lie that its downright pathetic.

It really is. If they couldn't handle it, how can they handle what they already have? The new stages they could argue. The new shader engine might actually be the truth, but the rest we know better. I feel insulted that they would think that we're that stupid. You don't even have to be a programmer like me to figure this stuff out. What's worse, they should've noticed by now that we aren't buying the excuse, but they're pushing it anyway. Worse yet, i feel like there's more pushes than just them to push those of us who won't upgrade out. So what do i say? That's fine with me. If TK wants to keep their fans that they have worked so hard to try to get and maintain while milking, they won't do this. When we're left in the dust with this really bad lie as an excuse for alienation, we won't be helping them advertise anymore.

We've put enough effort and money into this game, into the advertising, into the tutoring (well, not i, but many others), into the learning, and if they want to betray us for Sony's support (we would've happily bought the ps3 version to make up for the costs of ensuring cross-play), fine, let's see how well Sony and Microsoft do to keep a game they don't even own alive.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Personally my upgrade was not just because of Last Round, but because I'm sick of the slow speeds. The ONE is a serious machine, it runs better than any system I've had. Can't wait to play Last Round on it.

If you have all sorts of games leftover to play, it's probably because you buy too many games (which is fine) or that's always the way you have been. I know several people that have done that for years. They buy and don't complete their games. Never made much sense to me.

Kohlrak

Personally my upgrade was not just because of Last Round, but because I'm sick of the slow speeds. The ONE is a serious machine, it runs better than any system I've had. Can't wait to play Last Round on it.

If you have all sorts of games leftover to play, it's probably because you buy too many games (which is fine) or that's always the way you have been. I know several people that have done that for years. They buy and don't complete their games. Never made much sense to me.

The problem is, you know game X is going to be fun, so you want to get it before it becomes unavailable. Then you get busy with life and never have time to finish them. Looks like i will the way things are going, though. Oddly enough, DoA was a huge time sink for me, despite not actually playing much of it (trying to figure out how to get better, trying to figure out how to learn faster, trying to find a way to remember half the necessary information, etc). I never did get much play out of the multiplayer game, unfortunately. I'll be picking up DoA2HC when it comes out on PS3 (if it ever does), then i'll probably be done with DoA until I can justify a purchase (the PC version [and only if i can get it to run with wine] is the most likely, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we said that anyone's actually going to play it). That'll be after i buy my new computer though, since my last one crapped out (stuck with winblows right now).

Argentus

Last year was probably the last year with major AAA titles still having last-gen versions. This year seems that it wont be the case with games like Arkham Knight, Assassin's Creed (which got its start last year with Unity), Tomb Raider, The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Deep Down, Scalebound, Silent Hills, the next Mirror's Edge, Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V all in development for the current gen exclusively.
Only next gen exclusive games I care about are kingdom hearts and metal gear. I'll care about silent hills after I've caught up with the series. Currently in the middle of silent hill 1 being played on ps3 lol.
.the whole (non backwards compatible" stuff turns me off the new systems.

I wind up picking up games in bulk years after the fact from bargain bins lol. Can't resist em.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Most likely, I felt that the need to release a last-gen version of games was holding current-gen back a bit. This year looks ALOT stronger for gaming than last year was. I also can't help but feel that pretty much everyone bitching about the PS3 & 360 versions of DOA5LR are essentially pissed that a game intended for current-gen systems isn't getting all the same goodies on last-gen consoles more than anything else. I'm still keeping my 5U disc if I feel like playing DOA on PS3 because if I feel like playing an older game, I just hold onto the game and console. LR is a current-gen game that I'm highly anticipating.

Kohlrak

Most likely, I felt that the need to release a last-gen version of games was holding current-gen back a bit. This year looks ALOT stronger for gaming than last year was. I also can't help but feel that pretty much everyone bitching about the PS3 & 360 versions of DOA5LR are essentially pissed that a game intended for current-gen systems isn't getting all the same goodies on last-gen consoles more than anything else. I'm still keeping my 5U disc if I feel like playing DOA on PS3 because if I feel like playing an older game, I just hold onto the game and console. LR is a current-gen game that I'm highly anticipating.

It's not. It's a port. There's nothing "next-gen" on the ps4. It's more of the same thing in a much harder to swallow package (less compatibility with older games and a nasty price tag).

Kasumi

I see nothing malicious in this, is in their best interest to sell costumes to old gen and current gen users. The fan base is very small, I don't think they will gain that much forcing people to move on to PS4/X1/PC.

deiteu

I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. So I have DOA5 + 5U on 360, and am gonna get the free update to Last Round of course. I know my DLC is going to transfer to it, but what if I also get Last Round on Xbox One..will my DLC transfer to that also?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for a while. So I have DOA5 + 5U on 360, and am gonna get the free update to Last Round of course. I know my DLC is going to transfer to it, but what if I also get Last Round on Xbox One..will my DLC transfer to that also?
Yes, all DLC transfers within the same console family. It only would not transfer from, let's say', Xbox360 to PS4...like in my case. :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD