Project Ideas/Management

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
VFDC's example of a wiki page is something that is very comprehensive and the related on articles on each character is what people should strive for achieving.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/akira-strategy-vf5fs/

The FSD wiki is behind even the dustloop wiki examples that some characters haven't been even filled yet and some are empty (ie: Mila, Momiji, Raidou and others).

I'd suggest shortening sections with backstory information or removing fluff, while instead of having a singular section for gameplay, there are seperate articles for character strategies, move analysis and starters. The DOA Wiki already does a good job of doing fluff and story articles, so there's no need to redo the same formula.

DOA Wiki's costume articles are good for linking. No point in dumping costume images in wiki pages.

The blue violet wiki has already done 99% of the frame data for the game, so I suggest that should be used as the primary frame data source.

I can write a thesis about characters I know on my own, but I don't know about most people here. If multiple people can get together and keep editing and adding to one article every once in a while, there can be a lot done in a short amount of time.

I don't hate the site but i can tell only a few people translate that site then gather the data don't you think we need our own? I mean something on here instead.

Last edited:

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
VFDC's example of a wiki page is something that is very comprehensive and the related on articles on each character is what people should strive for achieving.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/akira-strategy-vf5fs/

The FSD wiki is behind even the dustloop wiki examples that some characters haven't been even filled yet and some are empty (ie: Mila, Momiji, Raidou and others).

I'd suggest shortening sections with backstory information or removing fluff, while instead of having a singular section for gameplay, there are seperate articles for character strategies, move analysis and starters. The DOA Wiki already does a good job of doing fluff and story articles, so there's no need to redo the same formula.

DOA Wiki's costume articles are good for linking. No point in dumping costume images in wiki pages.

The blue violet wiki has already done 99% of the frame data for the game, so I suggest that should be used as the primary frame data source.

I can write a thesis about characters I know on my own, but I don't know about most people here. If multiple people can get together and keep editing and adding to one article every once in a while, there can be a lot done in a short amount of time.
Interesting. I think that just like the VFDC wiki, the FSD wiki should be semi-open to editors, so people can write whenever possible, and perhaps have some kind of 'Pending for Approval' system where all the information written is sent to the moderators to check legitimacy, and then posted. @Mr. Wah do you think that is possible?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Interesting. I think that just like the VFDC wiki, the FSD wiki should be semi-open to editors, so people can write whenever possible, and perhaps have some kind of 'Pending for Approval' system where all the information written is sent to the moderators to check legitimacy, and then posted. @Mr. Wah do you think that is possible?

It's always been open to any registered user. Everything but the first page.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I would suggest people use a template similar if not the same as the VFDC wiki and add things such as a stun and hold section to the same template.

Here is VFDC's wiki HTML templates if it's useful for relevance.

It's always been open to any registered user. Everything but the first page.

Mr. Wah, how can people create new articles for the wiki for things such as for frame data and strategy?

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
I think for the FSD wiki, the game titles and characters should be separated into each of their own sections (Especially adding Ultimate and Last Round). Just to make it a little more tidy. And perhaps use the games own character roster pictures as their profile icons.

This way, we can pay homage to all the games with their individual information about the characters and frames.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I would suggest people use a template similar if not the same as the VFDC wiki and add things such as a stun and hold section to the same template.

Here is VFDC's wiki HTML templates if it's useful for relevance.

Due to security reasons I can't give people the ability to create templates, but if you have the HTML for a template you want to use, you can always PM it to me to create the template.

For those who don't understand or know about templates, it's basically modular quick HTML tag for certain design. So for example you can have a template called STRONG that adds strong tags across the variable text you'd pass in.

Code:
<strong>{{{TEXT}}}</strong>

So you'd enter the following code in a wiki page:

Code:
[template=STRONG]TEXT = Bold this text[/tempalte]

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Due to security reasons I can't give people the ability to create templates, but if you have the HTML for a template you want to use, you can always PM it to me to create the template.

Sure, if I mock something up when I have the time catch up on my HTML knowledge I will. So far, there doesn't seem to be a need for it right now since we can start simple and add fancy templates later.

After Toryuken, I think there should be a project to make sure ALL tournaments get streamed. It is obviously enough of an uphill battle to even get DOA on the roster at a tournament. If a tournament isn't going to go the extra mile to stream DOA, the community should work on figuring out a way to stream/get on youtube all the matches.

Getting matches online, on stream, and out there is probably one of the best bets for serving the community and attracting new folks.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
After Toryuken, I think there should be a project to make sure ALL tournaments get streamed. It is obviously enough of an uphill battle to even get DOA on the roster at a tournament. If a tournament isn't going to go the extra mile to stream DOA, the community should work on figuring out a way to stream/get on youtube all the matches.

Getting matches online, on stream, and out there is probably one of the best bets for serving the community and attracting new folks.
TORYUKEN 4 was an unfortunate situation, but I definitely agree with you. DOA5LR is way too underrated in the FGC. The second thing to this is also making sure that DOA5LR gets the proper respect on stream. Too often I see this game get improperly represented on stream or borderline trashed. The game has to look good, and cool to attract new folks!

iThe Apprentice

This seems a bit far fetched.
But, ever since I made the long guide for Eliot, I had plans to construct some in the same format and colorfulness for the rest of the cast who did not have a simple guide. Although I wouldn't be able to do that on my own of course. Still, It's an Idea to pass around.

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
This seems a bit far fetched.
But, ever since I made the long guide for Eliot, I had plans to construct some in the same format and colorfulness for the rest of the cast who did not have a simple guide. Although I wouldn't be able to do that on my own of course. Still, It's an Idea to pass around.
How can I get this Eliot guide of yours?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD