"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

Nikotsumi

Well... i'm a bit disappointed knowing that she doesn't have her own fighting style but her gameplay seems funny (and confusing), i might try her out.....
Hope she has a mix of Lei/Bayman/Marie advanced holds, 'cause i like them xD

Baal bal

Oh man she looks so broken here

I love it. And the best part is she'll never be nerfed because Hayashi already said she's a favorite at TN's offices.
Well kasumi is the fav since longtime, and she have had some adjustment over the time. My prediction is that she'll be A or B tier. Not S since she might have to much versatility to be first-class.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Her alternate costumes are all so cute her C1 is a bit generic for my taste it threw me off at first.
I like her mixed martial arts fighting style, its like a compilation of all the best moves
Her spirit animal is a cow.
She reminds me of Ushimaru from Senran Kagura whom also bares a Cow insignia
latest

JKT

After watching it a couple more times, I'm warming up to her. Gonna give her a shot when she releases ^^. Works in my favour as well since I've had trouble finding a true main in DOA5 XD.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
Yep. Yet, another character that really piques my interest alongside Raidou... absolutely perfect. Now it is great time for me to invest in some research on Honoka's game play!
Speaking of which... this is not necessarily game play related but I found these:
DoA5_LR_honoka_BT_03.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_05.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_07.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_TAG_01.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_BT_02.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_BT_01.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_04.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_TAG_02.jpg

DoA5_LR_honoka_09.jpg

Find something gameplay related let me know.

Nikotsumi

So, the (stolen) moves shown in the trailer are:
Leifang's :6::P::K:
Hitomi's :P+K::P::P: - :2::3::6::P:
Zack's :6::6::P+K: - Ducking:P::P:
Helena's :8::K: - Bokuho:K:
Brad's second :P: from :4::P::P: - :3::K: - :3_::P:
Jann Lee's :P+K: - :7::K: - :P::P::P::6::P:
Ein's :2::3::6::P: - :H+K:
Bass' :H+K:
Kokoro's : Heichu:P+K:

I'm not quite sure on the Kokoro and Brad ones since i don't know their moveset :s

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
She may end up having more than one Critical Burst as a result of those stances.
Her over all game play gives the appearance that she focuses on confusion and versatility... i10 frame jab strings, use of all secondary stances borrowed from other characters. She also has Tina's mid/low drop kicks. Note that she also has a throw that will temporarily leave the opponent in stun (though they may still hold). I wonder... she could also even have Offensive Holds as well. And, her wall game may be a bit terrifying because of the fact that she a lot of stance transitions and attacks to follow up with.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Still waiting for the JP trailer to hear her Japanese voice. The audio in that leaked gameplay video isn't great, so I can't tell with absolute certainty, but I'm still reasonably certain that it's Ai Nonaka.

Macca Beam

Wtf I went to bed an hour before they posted the trailer. Really surprised we got the English one first.

I had a gut feeling it's gonna be stances. I expected a lot more, but it's not the worst outcome (coughgenra,edgemastercough). Besides nobody knows what goes on in the new stance yet (必殺の構え, killer stance, btw).

I guess that means Marie is now the only completely original DLC character, lol.

LordBrightman

All I can say about Honoka-chan is HOLY COW or as others says Opaai daisuki lol. ԅ(¯﹃¯ԅ)
I might give her a try when I got my hands on LR.

Also someone on Facebook pointed out that there's a similarity of Honoka's character design to the main protagonist (Kousaka Honoka) of the anime called Love Live.

10494303_926785300666827_3519819152283938585_o.jpg

10358702_969720433055690_3355304046538593075_n.jpg

1512791_10204826303570145_294125169172838316_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tenryuga

Hisatsu no kamae should be abreviated as HnK. At all times. Because HnK is the shit. Its funny because hisatsu litterally means "certain kill" and that's what Kenshiro did to ppl all day long.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD