Rachel Video Critique Thread

Klts3

This is a thread where players can post their Rachel gameplays and other ones can give them advices. So I'll start:
I think I'm not that bad with Rachel, but there's a lot of better players. I would be pleased if you guys could take a look at my gameplays and give me some tips, tell me what I'm doing wrong, which moves I need to use less or more. So here they are:

Gurimmjaw

Im no Rachel main, but I just picked her up and she really fun to use. So here's a match of my Rachel:

I love doing 1PP a lot lol so i'll probably have to stop using so much but the 1P good for crushing highs.

Klts3

Im no Rachel main, but I just picked her up and she really fun to use. So here's a match of my Rachel:

I love doing 1PP a lot lol so i'll probably have to stop using so much but the 1P good for crushing highs.
You're good with Rachel. I also use :1::P::P: to much cause you can easily get a big damage. I know I shouldn't because is easy to hold or throw punish. :1::P: is really good, you can use it to crush high attacks or extend stun. Also, if your oponent is a holder, he will probably try to hold 2nd punch. That's where you can deal a really big throw damage using :426::H+P: or :4::H+P:.
After :1::P::P: you should be using :6::P::P: and then :H+P:. You can also do :3::P::P::P+K::H+P:.
Also, I don't think that using stomp after :6::P::K::P: is a good idea. You can be easily punished if opponent will wake up and that's what the most of people do. If you really wanna do the stomp, then go for :9::P::2::K: or :P::h::2::K:. It's still not guaranteed, but it's definitely safer.
I see you love Rachel's OH, I love it too. But I think that you use it too much. When opponent will see it, he will start to crouch more or do high crushes. Also remember that throws beat holds, so opponent can HiC throw you if you're gonna do it too much after stomp.

Gurimmjaw

You're good with Rachel. I also use :1::P::P: to much cause you can easily get a big damage. I know I shouldn't because is easy to hold or throw punish. :1::P: is really good, you can use it to crush high attacks or extend stun. Also, if your oponent is a holder, he will probably try to hold 2nd punch. That's where you can deal a really big throw damage using :426::H+P: or :4::H+P:.
After :1::P::P: you should be using :6::P::P: and then :H+P:. You can also do :3::P::P::P+K::H+P:.
Also, I don't think that using stomp after :6::P::K::P: is a good idea. You can be easily punished if opponent will wake up and that's what the most of people do. If you really wanna do the stomp, then go for :9::P::2::K: or :P::h::2::K:. It's still not guaranteed, but it's definitely safer.
I see you love Rachel's OH, I love it too. But I think that you use it too much. When opponent will see it, he will start to crouch more or do high crushes. Also remember that throws beat holds, so opponent can HiC throw you if you're gonna do it too much after stomp.

Yeah 1pp good when you land it on counter hit but might not be something to abuse because opponent will adapt to it. The 2nd hit I believe is unsafe. It all depends on the time of player im going up against. Some like to hold a lot and when they do that I wait how they react so so my pause a bit during stuns before I make another hit.

And Yeah I will use that more often. I was in practice mode last night and found I can land 6pp during juggle. And I do try to do stomp after 6pkp. I know it not guaranteed but if they just lay on the ground after that then I use the stomp. If they roll and I already attempted it really bad since i'll be negative and they can probably whiff punish afterwards. I think after P+K the stomp is guaranteed.

Rachel's overhead 66T right? Yeah I do like using that but mostly use the one in the string PPT and whiff it out to get the the throw to connect as long as they don't duck it or crush it. Yeah I know that throws do beat holds so I try my best not to be put in situation where they will land a hi counter throw.

I'll probably have some more matches of my Rachel uploaded tonight sometime and implant some new things and stop using 1PP so much lol.

taokaka_meow

I've been using Rachel since I started to play DoA and I think it's about time to get some critique.
So here are some of my matches:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Alright my buddy has been trying out Rachel recently up late, though has been having a bit of trouble with fast pressure characters like Kasumi.

What recommendations can I give him? This was one of our relatively closer matches.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Here's a couple more relatively recent sets.

I'm wondering what tips I can give him to level up his Rachel further or is it mostly MU related stuff at this point?

Karsticles

Hello!

I just bought and started playing this game. It's my first time with the DoA franchise, and I recorded my second set of matches ever. I could use a lot of help and feedback:

Tenro

nice stuff with rachel @Force_of_Nature . hey if you're going to make another tutorial vid , try considering hayabusa this time ok ? seeing as the last tutorial i saw of him was in DOA 5U . when is the face of TN is gonna get a chance lol ?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
nice stuff with rachel @Force_of_Nature . hey if you're going to make another tutorial vid , try considering hayabusa this time ok ? seeing as the last tutorial i saw of him was in DOA 5U . when is the face of TN is gonna get a chance lol ?
Thank you Tenro. I unfortunately don't know how to utilize Hayabusa, but he is a possibility in the future. He's pretty complex. It is fun spamming Izunas with him though lol!

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
One of my possible mains. Should I continue with her or not?
What am I doing wrong?

Can't really determine if it's a case of your potential choice of main or not. You lost for more general reasons as opposed to adequate character choice. The Rig player won because they were able to employ mix-up pressure more effectively than you leading to them controlling the pace of the match more often. Keep in mind that Rig is faster than Rachel so he will get more attack priority in close range including an i12 mid K launcher. What I'd like you to do is poke with 4K more at mid-range, and hi-crush with 1P~ or 2P whenever you get a chance. 2P is +1 on NH, and 1P has a very dangerous launcher follow-up in 1PP. Rig does have a lot of highs so knowing when to hi-crush can be useful against him.

You also need to be a bit more confident with your pressure, and not hesitate when you're on the offensive. Rachel's offense is very good, though her defense is average. If you're on the defensive against Rig, you need to tighten your defense and be extra patient when dealing with his pressure. When on the offensive utilize delays a bit more such as with 6PKP/6KP/6PK/6PPK, along with PPT/PP2K/PPP, etc. Basically try to catch your opponent disrespecting potential free cancels for CH damage. You can also use 66T to stuff any relatively slower moves and get your offense going. CH 66T guarantees 6PKP on a BT'ed opponent. Try to not do 3PPP as much also. All you really need is 3PP for a lift stun, then you can do another 3P, an 8K for a SDS that guarantees 3P (7P & 9K can connect if the opponent doesn't SE), 9K or 7P for a CH launch into an air throw, 4H+K or of course 41236T for a throw combo (if the opponent isn't mashing at disadvantage of course!).

When fighting Rig I'd recommend staying out of his face the best you can until you can gain an offensive advantage over him.

Last edited:

CrudeRaven

Can't really determine if it's a case of your potential choice of main or not. You lost for more general reasons as opposed to adequate character choice. The Rig player won because they were able to employ mix-up pressure more effectively than you leading to them controlling the pace of the match more often. Keep in mind that Rig is faster than Rachel so he will get more attack priority in close range including an i12 mid K launcher. What I'd like you to do is poke with 4K more at mid-range, and hi-crush with 1P~ or 2P whenever you get a chance. 2P is +1 on NH, and 1P has a very dangerous launcher follow-up in 1PP. Rig does have a lot of highs so knowing when to hi-crush can be useful against him.

You also need to be a bit more confident with your pressure, and not hesitate when you're on the offensive. Rachel's offense is very good, though her defense is average. If you're on the defensive against Rig, you need to tighten your defense and be extra patient when dealing with his pressure. When on the offensive utilize delays a bit more such as with 6PKP/6KP/6PK/6PPK, along with PPT/PP2K/PPP, etc. Basically try to catch your opponent disrespecting potential free cancels for CH damage. You can also use 66T to stuff any relatively slower moves and get your offense going. CH 66T guarantees 6PKP on a BT'ed opponent. Try to not do 3PPP as much also. All you really need is 3PP for a lift stun, then you can do another 3P, an 8K for a SDS that guarantees 3P (7P & 9K can connect if the opponent doesn't SE), 9K or 7P for a CH launch into an air throw, 4H+K or of course 41236T for a throw combo (if the opponent isn't mashing at disadvantage of course!).

When fighting Rig I'd recommend staying out of his face the best you can until you can gain an offensive advantage over him.
Thank you. Im not comfortable fight rose or rig so I should probably learn more about their data if im going to be play rachel. And I am trying to improve my pressure and have a few more matches where i actually have won because of it. I dont want to upload them today just yet because Ive already uploaded too much probably. :oops:
But thank you for the help again. right now rachel is my best if i know the other fighter and if i keep calm but i still have a lot of work to do.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD