Ranked Search System...

thekingtavy

Anyone besides me think finding a match would be a lot faster if the devs made the default search rank min/max to one rank below and one above. Where it is at the moment, the speed you level up is very stable unless you come across that random player using this system or a more open one. No extra exp or any risks of getting knocked down in rank. My current set up is D-/E+/E and it's obvious people are using the default considering I've been fighting the same E+'s all night with almost 5 minute search waits in between. I've heard the Showdown song twice since I started typing this, and I'm still waiting.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I set mine to all ranks to search. I don't care about the rank, I just want matches with random people to test things out. I don't take ranked very seriously.

thekingtavy

Maybe that's what I need to do. I normally don't care about rank, but sometimes I want to guarantee I'm going to get a good opponent without having to search through the Lobby hoping it's a good player that just doesn't play ranked. Click ranked + higher rank player appears = better chance of it being a good opponent. Could also end up being someone that racked up on points while Mila had an infinite.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've found that most of the D rank people I fight are significantly better than the higher ranks. I went from a D- to a C- tonight because of all the trash above C rank and more than a few of the higher ranked ones suddenly had a terrible connection whenever they began getting crushed.

thekingtavy

Sounds like they know when to start a download. I just noticed you don't receive negative exp for losing to lower ranks, if it was in the game I'm sure most of them wouldn't be up so high in rank. I probably would've been knocked down a rank also, lost to the same person twice.

Renarism

Most of the "S+'s" on the leaderboards I've never seen in ranked matches. It's always baffled me how people want to boost their way to top of the leaderboards when no one has never played you so they know you're not legit. Why be on top when you can't back it up? - Not that it matters. I prefer this way of ranked compared to DOA2U & 4. :)

~Renarism

CrimsonCJ

Most of the "S+'s" on the leaderboards I've never seen in ranked matches. It's always baffled me how people want to boost their way to top of the leaderboards when no one has never played you so they know you're not legit. Why be on top when you can't back it up? - Not that it matters. I prefer this way of ranked compared to DOA2U & 4. :)

~Renarism

It is honestly pretty easy to get up in the current system; the inherent tools built in to make it so that high ranked players would want to fight lower ranked players inevitably also make it a game of quantity versus quality. <Ignore what was here> As it is, setting it to everyone has honestly given me a better placement than I deserve (whoops).

But, yeah, on PSN I have yet to fight someone ranked S- or higher. It's weird.

Renarism

Well I set it to "F-S+" I can't go any lower than an S+ because that's my rank (you can't set the max rank to something lower than your own rank) ... However, on the xbox 360 leaderboards, there are quite a few "well known boosters" from SC, and Tekken that are now on DOA5. It's sad honestly.

CrimsonCJ

Well I set it to "F-S+" I can't go any lower than an S+ because that's my rank (you can't set the max rank to something lower than your own rank) ... However, on the xbox 360 leaderboards, there are quite a few "well known boosters" from SC, and Tekken that are now on DOA5. It's sad honestly.

Actually, yeah, that's right. Ignore that note in my post. But it makes it even weirder that I have yet to fight anyone in the S ranks at all. I would assume that it was only a fair correlation to quality of the fight, as it is between A-D (seriously), but I could be wrong.

Brute

Standard Donor
I always use F-S+

Rankings are no indication of skill. The only reason I do ranked matches is because it's the quickest way to enter a fight. I can never find an opponent in "Simple Match."

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I still have trouble finding people. I get desperate to the point I just put everything on any round/region and I set the grades from F to S+ and STILL most of the time I get nothing. I rarely even play rank anymore.

daman077c

I've fought one S, and was trapped in Helena's wall infinate two separate times. That's all the guy did; was do what he could to get me up against the wall, and once he did, I couldn't tech out or hold. Haven't fought any other S ranked players, but I have played a bunch of B ranked players, and a few A-, but the input lag and overall lag in general has cost me matches, because I'll correctly input a hold and with the input lag, it comes out frames late and by then I'm in stun or launched.

Renarism

I've fought one S, and was trapped in Helena's wall infinate two separate times. That's all the guy did; was do what he could to get me up against the wall, and once he did, I couldn't tech out or hold.
you must be reffering to calibur bladez

IceMage95

I use F->B+ (my current grade as of now). I refuse to play with any higher grade on a ranked match until Microsoft decides to release the patch since I can NEVER get the combos I want to use with the horrendous lag. And, I also use first to 3 rounds so that I can avoid 1 round noobs that can get lucky.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD