"Ready to lose?" The Lei Fang Video Thread!

Chaos

I'm glad to know that the controls are fine, it was one of the most importent things I want for DOA5 "solid controls" Its good that people are supporting DOA5, :) this game will definitely be the best in the series.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
The Leifang and Kasumi battle intro is funny when you combine it. Ksaumi:"I am ready." LeiFang: "Ready to lose?"

The funny thing is that the translation is actually wrong.
Leifang is not asking "Ready to lose? " the correct translation would be .. "Are you ready ?" or more accurately ... "are you well prepared?"

gotta love the english translations. :p

Goro Hazuki

Bayman for example has a trip stun and his 3K becomes a sit down stun on a crouching opponent as well ... so you can imagine how deadly that combination could be .. Trip, sitdown, fast launch, juggle, ouch! XD

Finally messing with Bayman, eh? Good man!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Awesome Lei Fang Mirror Matches with Leifang12 when he came over to London for the DOA5 Eurogamer Launch :)

Goro Hazuki

Leifang12's Leifang is crazy good. I played against him online. He's so good at pressuring with her.
He's very good at keeping pressure with a lot of characters. And he's good at reading his opponents attacks at the same time. I like playing with him, and he always showed a good attitude during play.

she has a great offensive game ..
her offensive holds (throws with hold properties ) are really good .
like I said before the high crush game messes people up.
In most cases she can play on the system after she gets in that first stun for some guaranteed damage either by launcher, sitdown or faint stun ..not to mention those few setups where she can get early burst ...

Dont worry ;)

I know this is late but i just read this and i was wondering what you meant by she gets guranteed damage after her first stun? Could you elaborate a little more?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I know this is late but i just read this and i was wondering what you meant by she gets guranteed damage after her first stun? Could you elaborate a little more?
well .. her faint stun guarantees 66K launcher
her sitdown stuns give you P+K launcher
her Unshu stance throw gives you 66K launcher

I hope this makes more sense :)

plus you'll see 2 setups in the vid where she gets burst really quick ...
the only character that gets it quicker is kokoro .. (the bitch)

well .. her faint stun guarantees 66K launcher
her sitdown stuns give you P+K launcher
her Unshu stance throw gives you 66K launcher

I hope this makes more sense :)

plus you'll see 2 setups in the vid where she gets burst really quick ...
the only character that gets it quicker is kokoro .. (the bitch)

Ok sorry to bombard you with questions,but whats the ideal way to work her faint stun into her game? I havent found a decent setup with it yet so im curious haha,yea Kokoro lucked out with that,i hate fighting her!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Ok sorry to bombard you with questions,but whats the ideal way to work her faint stun into her game? I havent found a decent setup with it yet so im curious haha,yea Kokoro lucked out with that,i hate fighting her!
Hmm I wouldn't say there's any guaranteed setup for feint stun .. you just have to work it in your game to be honest ...
Its kinda like, how you would set up an 8K launcher ... Ideally you want to do it after an initial stun so the faint stun can work ... but i personally wouldn't use it to counter hit someone for example... I hope that makes sense. :)

Shiro madoushi

I hate to say this, but I believe that there always be a moderate degree of risk when using her sit down stuns

2p+k is awfully slow, limiting the number of moves that may be used when leading into it (when playing the stun game). Ps I cannot suggest using it as a poke lol.

3p>4p>5p is a decent set up. It is often possible to delay 3p into 4p (the sit down stun) in an attempt to catch people off guard. If blocked during this string, follow up with the 5p ender. It's relatively safe -7 on block and leaves u with the option of entering Unshu stance for further mix up.

Aside from that, I would suggest using the above string as a hit confirm. Stun with ur move of choice and then (wait for opponent to hold) or go right into the sit down stun string 3p>4p and follow up with whatever u like.

Because the online can be kinda shotty, I often choose to follow up with a throw. I know it sounds crazy but the opponent can typically counter or block online. So the throw is a nice option.

64P is a great move (faint stun)

As a poke it is fairly useful. It comes out in 16 frames and lunges forward to a degree.
It also stuns on normal hit (yay!) and causes the faint stun on counter hit.

If blocked it safe at -5 and Unshu is always an option afterwards.

When working in the faint stun option it is extremely handy against opponents who tend to lean on the mid counter. Because many of lei fangs launchers are two part moves (that hit mid one way or another) it is important to have this option in the bag against good players.

I often stun and go for it immediately after (when I have been burned by mid holds) then follow up with p+k or 9kk. Timing is a bit funny but worth it.

From the p+k launcher it is a good option to follow with a juggle ending with 2k slide move. If the opponent isn't tech rolling u may begin her ground game.

That's all I have on the subject though. If any lei fangs have more suggestions or don't prefer what I have mentions. Please post. I would love ur input ^_^

We need to train together again in the dojo Savage. I learned so much that day and can't wait for our next opportunity to do so.
Pm on here when u have sometime. I a, good about getting emails right away and would love to get online.

That goes for anyone looking to practice btw

Shiro madoushi

I hate to say this, but I believe that there always be a moderate degree of risk when using her sit down stuns

2p+k is awfully slow, limiting the number of moves that may be used when leading into it (when playing the stun game). Ps I cannot suggest using it as a poke lol.

3p>4p>5p is a decent set up. It is often possible to delay 3p into 4p (the sit down stun) in an attempt o catch people off guard. It blocked during this string, follow up with the 5p ender. It's relatively safe -7 on block and leaves u with the option of entering Unshu stance for further mix up.

Aside from that, I would always using the above string as a hit confirm. Stun with ur move of choice and then (wait for opponent to hold) or go right into the sit down stun string 3p>4p and follow up with whatever u like.

Because the online can be kinda snotty, I often choose to follow up with a throw. I know it sounds crazy but the opponent can typically counter or block online. So the throw is a nice option.

We need to train together again in the dojo Savage. I learned so much that day and can't wait for our next opportunity to do so.
Pm on here when u have sometime. I a, good about getting emails right away and would love to get online.

That goes for anyone looking to practice btw
Btw, I didn't see that u were asking for faint stun knowledge. I will edit the post with that info in a ill bit lol

Btw, I didn't see that u were asking for faint stun knowledge. I will edit the post with that info in a ill bit lol

Haha ok that works,yea i just need to get used to doing a few moves with her,get the muscle memory down until i feel comfortable and then we can go back into the lab,thats cool with me =p

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD