"Ready to lose?" The Lei Fang Video Thread!

Lobo

I agree about Lei's sit down stuns. I rarely go for max-combos with her, because I find its pretty easy to get countered because Lei's sitdown stuns are pretty lame.

But what Lei lacks in guaranteed combo damage, she makes up for in throw damage and basic juggle damage. a simple stun>8K/3KP/6PK>3PP6PP or stun/214T is a simple mix-up and more damaging than most other chars longer combos.

One useful sitdown stun she does have is BT P+K. So a combo like 4P > BT P+K > 236P CB is fun if you really want to go for CB combos, and you can train your opponent not to mid-hold the BT P+K.

I agree about Lei's sit down stuns. I rarely go for max-combos with her, because I find its pretty easy to get countered because Lei's sitdown stuns are pretty lame.

But what Lei lacks in guaranteed combo damage, she makes up for in throw damage and basic juggle damage. a simple stun>8K/3KP/6PK>3PP6PP or stun/214T is a simple mix-up and more damaging than most other chars longer combos.

One useful sitdown stun she does have is BT P+K. So a combo like 4P > BT P+K > 236P CB is fun if you really want to go for CB combos, and you can train your opponent not to mid-hold the BT P+K.

quick question,how does 3KP work after the launcher 8K? im sorta confused on that. i dont think ive ever seen that combo you listed before so im kinda interested in it lol

Lobo

quick question,how does 3KP work after the launcher 8K? im sorta confused on that. i dont think ive ever seen that combo you listed before so im kinda interested in it lol

I think you misunderstood. I was listing the different launch options after a stun, and just separated them with the '/'. So for example after a stun you can do 8K or 3KP or 6PK or you can do stun > 214T if they counter. I just wanted everyone to see the different high/mid kick/mid punch mixups.

I think you misunderstood. I was listing the different launch options after a stun, and just separated them with the '/'. So for example after a stun you can do 8K or 3KP or 6PK or you can do stun > 214T if they counter. I just wanted everyone to see the different high/mid kick/mid punch mixups.

Ohhh ok gotcha my bad! So whats your go to combo after a launcher? Do you throw out your launcher as soon as possible to avoid trying to work the stun game? I see what you mean about getting countered alot using Fang,maybe i should try to launch faster instead of getting the thresh hold up high before i do it.

Lobo

Ohhh ok gotcha my bad! So whats your go to combo after a launcher? Do you throw out your launcher as soon as possible to avoid trying to work the stun game? I see what you mean about getting countered alot using Fang,maybe i should try to launch faster instead of getting the thresh hold up high before i do it.

8K is probably her best launcher, because its fast, and launches pretty high, but it whiffs if your opponent counters low.

3P+K is a launcher I get a lot off CH, but not during stun.

imo, Lei's other launchers are all pretty meh, because most of them hit twice. Therefore my go-to is pretty much 66K for mid-kick launcher. 3KP, isn't bad either. If they counter the P, you don't take any damage (you do give your opponent a guaranteed throw if they know it though). 6PK for mid punch option. And 8K for high. K2K is pretty good here too.

Generally though, I like to see out what my opponent tends to counter the most, and if they counter too much, I just go for a hi-counter 214T

But yea, Lei doesn't lose too much in terms of damage if you just go for the quick launch. It's much safer and allows you to do less guess-work. If you want to do even less guess work, try working in her 64P. You can use the feint stun on CH or during stun, and get a free 66K afterwords.

8K is probably her best launcher, because its fast, and launches pretty high, but it whiffs if your opponent counters low.

3P+K is a launcher I get a lot off CH, but not during stun.

imo, Lei's other launchers are all pretty meh, because most of them hit twice. Therefore my go-to is pretty much 66K for mid-kick launcher. 3KP, isn't bad either. If they counter the P, you don't take any damage (you do give your opponent a guaranteed throw if they know it though). 6PK for mid punch option. And 8K for high. K2K is pretty good here too.

Generally though, I like to see out what my opponent tends to counter the most, and if they counter too much, I just go for a hi-counter 214T

But yea, Lei doesn't lose too much in terms of damage if you just go for the quick launch. It's much safer and allows you to do less guess-work. If you want to do even less guess work, try working in her 64P. You can use the feint stun on CH or during stun, and get a free 66K afterwords.

That was more than i expected hehe thanks man thats really helpful,i really think i just try to do too much with fang...i mean i do well most of the time,but sometimes i just get mixed up,the people who really get me are the people who randomly counter low all the time and mix that in with wild attacking when ive conditioned them to block,so it gets a bit frustrating. I think if i stop playing so complex with her and stick to the basics i will win alot more,and not get as frustrated by the random play i encounter alot from people.

ItsDaveyJ

My friend uploaded some matches we played about a week or so ago. I would LOVE some critique! Keep in mind this is a very low level Leifang you're about to watch xD At this point, I'm still just trying to understand the basics of the game and learn other character's movesets.

Unfortunately, he only uploaded the matches I played against him when he was using Eliot. In actuality we had a much longer set where he was using other characters.

One thing I know I need to stop is mashing dat counter. I've been getting better at not doing it but I still do it too much. I always fall for people staggering their strings...

Chaos

Good grief! It seems like almost everybody in this community have godlike reflexes especially this Leifang player, my goodness :eek: This player is definiely good enough to go into tourney evens. I need to work hard on my reflexes but how?! o_O

NightAntilli

I don't really have any remarks regarding Leifang12's Leifang in general. Only one suggestion actually. Instead of using a mid parry, trying using 6P+K ;) See what you can wield from it.

I wish I had a PS3 right now.. Lol. SeigFreid's channel has some older vids of me playing. Obviously that's the old 1.02 build, so I don't know if they would be any use here. Guess I can post them...

Marcio

@NightAntilli
You are from the Netherlands and you play Leifang.
I also play Leifang (and Bayman) and I live in Germany, very close to the Dutch border.
We probably have a very good internet connection so we could add us on xboxlive.
Your Leifang is better than mine (DOA5 is the first DOA I ever played and I still kinda suck) so maybe you could give me some advices.
BTW 20 minutes ago I played against that Seigfried guy but unfortenately it was very laggy.

Leifang12

Good grief! It seems like almost everybody in this community have godlike reflexes especially this Leifang player, my goodness :eek: This player is definiely good enough to go into tourney evens. I need to work hard on my reflexes but how?! :confused:
@Leifang 12
How in the hell do you how to counter hold so quicky?!!? :confused:
Thx! I really like to practise holds and especially Advanced holds! I have played for many years and I guess practise makes perfect :)

Leifang12 we need to play!
Look forward to it :D gamertag: leifang12 PSNid: Leifang12 :D

I don't really have any remarks regarding Leifang12's Leifang in general. Only one suggestion actually. Instead of using a mid parry, trying using 6P+K ;) See what you can wield from it.
Maybe :) I'll try to make it work! I also need to become better at doing CB in mid match! And do her sitdown stun more!

NightAntilli

I've tried working with the sitdown, but it's not really useful in 1.02. You can slow escape pretty much everything significant from it, so I've excluded it from my game. If it's more useful in 1.03 I'll try to incorporate it again.

Leifang12

I've tried working with the sitdown, but it's not really useful in 1.02. You can slow escape pretty much everything significant from it, so I've excluded it from my game. If it's more useful in 1.03 I'll try to incorporate it again.
Slow Escape/Stagger Escape is gone for Sitdown stuns so her 3P4P/2P+K suddenly becomes useful! In 1.02 the only thing safe you could do was 6PK! But in the 1.03 (glitched version) you can do more moves! I even thing you can do CB safely now :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD