DOA5LR "Relax Ayane-chan!" - Ayane Casual Discussion

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
It's actually quite astonishing how much you have levelled up in 5U. Everytime I watch your matches I see your hard work being put on display and I get impressed everytime. Your service for the Hajinmon is appreciated.

I've reviewed some of my play from the start of 5U and I can't believe how scrubby I was at this game lol. I try and do what I can to level up myself and my scene, but I will say that it hasn't been easy at all. Everything revolving around DOA is always a mountain to climb because of the lack of appreciation for the depth that the game truly offers.

It also doesn't help that I'll admit that I suck at discovering and implementing tech, but I'm working on it since I'll need tech to aid in assisting the newer players in my scene. All I want is for DOA to get the proper appreciation and representation that it sorely deserves. Even if that means that I have to continue to be the "scumbag" Ayane lol.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Switching back to Ayane has been rewarding. Though it also has been something of an uphill battle. The only disadvantage of going back to Ayane full time is that, because she's so popular online, a lot of people know MUs. However, by watching and observing other Ayane players, I'm noticing how differently she's played amongst everyone. I still haven't found the correct way to use her, as I tend to want to be overly offensive with her.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I've acknowledged this and I'm trying to change how I play with her. Normally, I like to get in and get out. But I feel like if I can keep the momentum, then why not go all out?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Playing offensively with Ayane is very difficult, but is possible. The keys are to play as safe as possible and note your opponent's reactions. I.e. Once the opponent starts to push buttons, you'll need to quickly change gears and have a counter ready to their attacks. Basically, the point of playing "offensively" with Ayane is to pressure your opponent to attack you in a way you want so that you can set up a CH. An example is with 2P or 5P pressure coupled with an "in-and-out" style facilitated mostly with 1P+K~ mixups.

Playing all-out offensively only really works if the opponent lacks MU knowledge.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
As Force said, the offense is going to happen as you manipulate your opponent's actions and reactions for counter hits and punishment for you to press on.

However, she can also keep up the momentum with a strong ground game control as well. My offense has gotten pretty nuts as of late because I put people in the unfavorable situation after being knocked down so often. I am hardly dealing with their WUK option these days because my okizeme isn't allowing that.

Another way you can keep up offensive momentum is to condition and pressure opponents in stun threshold and on block. 6K and 6K2K is a great tool for conditioning people into frustration because their goal will be trying to stop it with holds, which is forcing a guess and that doesn't stop the pressure. Try to use 6K and 6K2K (with delay into the low for mix up and conditioning) in stun threshold, you'll be greatly satisfied with the results. Don't use it as an on-block opening move, it's bad for that (that's how it's always used by everyone, it's bad that way lol).

Another way is using BT2P in stun threshold, following up with strikes that range from i10 to i15 frame strike speed. BT2P threshold to 66KK4 is a great stun threshold reset and on block pressure strategy I use, coupled with the 64T throw because it's a 50/50 situation.

I've also realized that 6KK and 6K2K can be used as range tools. 6KK is 30 damage on the second kick, that's hefty, and it is semi-safe at -7 (-6 if blocked at tip range) so you can fuzzy guard. 6K2K can be used the same way because it has good range and it's quick low and is +13 on neutral hit at range, stuns on counter hit. Think of it like Helena's 2H+K toe punt low. Plus, 6K feinting at range is good bait.

People like to confuse offense and rushdown when they are not the same things at all. Ayane can go batshitcrazy when she gets offensive momentum going because she's got tricky stance transitions and a good variety of safe strikes and a lot of ranges, coupled with deceptive advantageous guard breaks and good frame traps.

Rushdown in neutral is never going to happen with this character against anyone good, though.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Thank you for the information you two. I think my weakness with Ayane is spacing. The only tools I do use for spacing are her 1P+K and her BT7. I went through command training again and I often forget with some moves, I can confuse the opponent by spinning instead of continuing the string.

swave_971

Experiencing that pressure game of iHajin's was something else. I've been wondering about useful stun to launch practices with Ayane lately. I'm pretty new to her so I don't know too much. What is effective for everyone? (include the threshold if you can)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Experiencing that pressure game of iHajin's was something else. I've been wondering about useful stun to launch practices with Ayane lately. I'm pretty new to her so I don't know too much. What is effective for everyone? (include the threshold if you can)

First half of my combo video will display a lot of good examples of normal hit launch, stun to launch and counter hit/counter hit launching ability.

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/hajinshinobis-doa5u-viable-ayane-combo-video.3554/

The video in general displays a lot of things that are effective for stun launch, as a lot of what's in it are situations that will force a must-hold 50/50 because you are making someone make a decision, rather you just sequencing things for generic combo stringing/Critical Burst.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Pretty late to say, but I think a bigger reason why a lot of players who play on Core Fighters and play Ayane (or try her out) as opposed to the other free characters, is because of her character stats at the character select screen. She has the most well balancing set of stats out of the four starting ninjas.

Usually when someone new to a game or fighting game is looking for a certain character try out, sometimes they go by character stats.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Actually, Hayabusa has the best stats out of the free characters. I think they choose Ayane because of her purple hair and her plethora of online bullshit.

But, Lol, the stats seem so random at times and aren't that reflective of how good a character is overall.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hayabusa's stats look pretty darn balanced to me. (Though as soon as you start using him he's awkward as hell lol). Interestingly, none of the ninjas are "beginner" characters ironically.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I was actually surprised when I saw a lot of Ayanes online during my Core Fighters run. Out of the ninjas, she is the most technical in my opinion. However, FoN is right, she does have some online lag tactics that can't be beat. Lol

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Hayabusa has the strongest set of stats, not the most balanced set, that is given to Ayane. I mean it's clear as day, lol. And yes, Ayane is certainly the most technical out of the ninja branch. Hayabusa is right behind her in that line up, followed by Kasumi.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
This is a question I'm putting out there for now, however I don't expect a lot of answers until after Last Round's release (but anyone can still answer now if they wish).

What is going to be everyone's primary outfit they'll be maining in Last Round with Ayane?

Right now, for me, it's either purple dress or the monkey tail. That's subject to change though if I see something else, glasses are here to stay.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
If I preordered from GameStop, it was honestly going to be her Beach Party costume. But I preordered from Amazon instead, due to the fact that I had won a gift card for $50.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Hayabusa has the strongest set of stats, not the most balanced set, that is given to Ayane. I mean it's clear as day, lol. And yes, Ayane is certainly the most technical out of the ninja branch. Hayabusa is right behind her in that line up, followed by Kasumi.
You don't think Hayate is technical? :cool: Dat Raijin.

I'll be using the Infiltrator and Casual Steampunk. With a side of Police & Christmas 2014. I'll use rat-tail if I can remove the rat-tail lol.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Yeah I'll be using the Snowman hoodie as well, and monkey tail is the main reason why I like the outfit (really wish she wore actual pants in the outfit -_-). Since Ayane can be so difficult to hit when in good hands, for me it implies "catch the monkey, bitch", lol.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
LOL. The rat-tail makes me think too much of Kai from Heavenly Sword xD.

Heavenly-Sword-heavenly-sword-538257_1280_720.jpg

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD