DOA5U Rig 1.09 Critical burst best regular combos

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Best combos to be pulled off after a critical burst in the most common environmental situations (no special danger zones are involved). They are the best in terms of damage and consistency (they never drop unexpectedly when used in the situations listed below). Please post new findings below, then it will be integrated into this post.

Update list:
U.1 Oct 2014 @Tulkas Added combos for heavies and three other ones. DOA5U 1.09
U.2 Nov 2014 @Tulkas Added combo for Alpha. DOA5U 1.09
U.3 Jul 2015 @MATSUKAZE Added combo for heavies on counter. DOA5LR
U.4 Jul 2015 @KING JAIMY Replaced open space combo for Alpha. Added a two other ones. DOA5LR

HEAVY WEIGHTS U.1
· open space: :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :9::P:, :K:, :6::H+K::K: 57-67
(if floor would break) :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :K::K::6::K: 51-66
(on counter) :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K::K::4::K::K:, :8::K::K: 55-72 U.3

(hard timing) :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K:, :4::K:, :6::H+K::K: 59-69 U.4
· close wall: :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :K::K::6::K: 56-71​

MIDDLEWEIGHTS

· open space: :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K::2::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: 64-74
(if floor would break) :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: 62-72
· close wall: :3::3::K:, :K::K::P:, :P::P::4:, :K::K::4::K: 62-77
· far wall: :3::3::K:, :K::K::P:, :P::P::4:, :K::K::K: 64-79 U.1
LIGHT WEIGHTS
· open space: :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K::2::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: 64-74
(if floor would break) :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: 62-72
(medium timing) :6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: 67-77 U.4
· close wall: :3::3::K:, :9::P::P:, :K::K::4:, :K::K::K: 66-81
· far wall (close stance): :3::3::K:, :K::K::4:, :6::K:, :P::P::4:, :K::K::4::K: 64-79 U.1
·
far wall (open stance): :3::3::K:, :K::K::4:, :K::K:, :P::P::4:, :K::K::K: 66-81 U.1
FEATHER WEIGHT

· open space (some timing) : :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :9::P:, :K:, :6::H+K::K: 69-74 U.2
·
open space (hard timing): :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :K:, :4::K:, :6::H+K::K: NH 72-82 U.4
· open space, far wall (no timing): :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :8::P:, :P::P::4:, :K::K::K: 63-83
· close wall: :8::K:, :K::K::P:, :K::K::4:, :K::K::K: 70-85
· far wall (hard timing): :3::3::K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :K::6::K::K: 81-96​

Notes for enviromental situations and damage:
  • "Close wall" means wall is so close to foe that a hit would cause a splat.
  • "Far wall" means proper distance to wall so the last hit would be the only that causes a splat.
  • Damage is based on normal hit and counts every hit from laucher. It is shown as min-max, considering as maximum damage caused only by regular walls and exploding ones (damage of other danger zones such as falls or high bouncing walls are not considered). Most the time damage achieved by these combos are 5 points more than then minimun shown. Maximun damage corresponds to exploding walls. Damage of stun game including CB hit should be added for total damage of whole combo, it is usually higher than 50 extra points.
:rig:

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Best damaging combos to be pulled off after a critical burst in regular/simple situations (no special danger zone involved). Please post new findings below (then I will integrate it into this post).

I have not tested the damage yet, but these are some CB combos I sometimes use:

FEATHERWEIGHT:

CB! - 33K - K - BND* 4KK - 6P+K - TLC** KKK
CB! - 33K - K - BND 6H+K - 6P+K - TLC KKK

LIGHTWEIGHTS:

CB! - 33K - K - BND 4KK - 6P+K - TLC KK4K
CB! - 33K - K - BND KK - BND 6H+KKK
CB! - 33K - K - BND 6H+K - BND 6H+KK

MIDWEIGHTS:

CB! - 33K - KK4 - TLC KH+K
CB! - 33K - 6K9K - 6H+KK
CB! - 33K - KK4 - TLC KK - K6KK

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHTS:

CB! - 33K - K2KK - KK6K
CB! - 33K - KK4 - TLC KK - 8KK

* BND = Bending Stance
** TLC = Turn Leg Cut

---

These are probably not maximum damage CB combos, as you already listed them all I think. But maybe people can use the combos I listed to bring some variety in their combos? Anyway, I appreciate that you listed these combos! :)

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
hello, first post on this website, so i need to warn you, im french and my english is on training ;)

personaly my max damage combo after a CB (Critical Burst) is :
light and medium weight :
4H+KTLC--K2KK--6H+KKBS
TLC : Turning Leg Cut
BS : Bending Stance

its a combo very good when you're far to the wall but if you are close of one wall or a stage things (table,bed or anythings) the 4H+KTLC break the phase because this move is a KNOCK BACK

so, when you are close of a wall do 33K(16F) because its not a KNOCK BACK :)

i want see with you an other things that i see on an other topic : the cancel 6K4 in bending stance. lot of people speak on this 6K4BS and i hear no one speak about an other face of this move. i discover that and i want know if you know this :
when you do in bending stance 6K4 you cancel a move AND if you choice to do some other move fastly you can do more fastly these moves. but they are some move that can be do more fastly.
these move can be doing more fastly just after do 6K4BS :
7KBS
PTLC
KKKTLC
6KTLC
H+KTLC
6H+KTLC
2KTLC

i see one thing good with this 6K4BS, try to do in bending stance 6K47k fastly and you can see that youre frame is just 22 ! but if you dont do that you have 29 - 30 frame... and its not usefull to remind this move can do a SITDOWN STUN in stun or in CH or HCH ;)

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
hello, first post on this website, so i need to warn you, im french and my english is on training ;)

personaly my max damage combo after a CB (Critical Burst) is :
light and medium weight :
4H+KTLC--K2KK--6H+KKBS
TLC : Turning Leg Cut
BS : Bending Stance

its a combo very good when you're far to the wall but if you are close of one wall or a stage things (table,bed or anythings) the 4H+KTLC break the phase because this move is a KNOCK BACK

so, when you are close of a wall do 33K(16F) because its not a KNOCK BACK :)

i want see with you an other things that i see on an other topic : the cancel 6K4 in bending stance. lot of people speak on this 6K4BS and i hear no one speak about an other face of this move. i discover that and i want know if you know this :
when you do in bending stance 6K4 you cancel a move AND if you choice to do some other move fastly you can do more fastly these moves. but they are some move that can be do more fastly.
these move can be doing more fastly just after do 6K4BS :
PTLC
KKKTLC
6KTLC
H+KTLC
6H+KTLC
2KTLC

i see one thing good with this 6K4BS, try to do in bending stance 6K47k fastly and you can see that youre frame is just 22 ! but if you dont do that you have 29 - 30 frame... and its not usefull to remind this move can do a SITDOWN STUN in stun or in CH or HCH ;)
Welcome to FreeStepDodge forums Matsukaze :) I will try the faster moves you said.

KING JAIMY

Hey @Tulkas, I know this thread is old but I made a discovery yesterday for super heavyweights open space combo.

You said that TLC H+K > 9P > K > BND 6H+KK is maximum damage. You are right, but that only applies to Normal Hit.

I have found that this combo does more damage on Counter Hit and Hi-Counter Hit, and is less strict in timing in my opinion:

TLC H+K > KK4KK > 8KK

-----------------

Also there is a better open space combo for Lightweights, but the timing is pretty hard:

TLC H+K > K > 4KK > BND 6H+KK

-----------------

Last but not least, the best Featherweight CB open space combo:

33K > K > BND 4H+K > K > 4K > BND 6H+KK

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Hey @Tulkas, I know this thread is old but I made a discovery yesterday for super heavyweights open space combo.

You said that TLC H+K > 9P > K > BND 6H+KK is maximum damage. You are right, but that only applies to Normal Hit.

I have found that this combo does more damage on Counter Hit and Hi-Counter Hit, and is less strict in timing in my opinion:

TLC H+K > KK4KK > 8KK

-----------------

Also there is a better open space combo for Lightweights, but the timing is pretty hard:

TLC H+K > K > 4KK > BND 6H+KK

-----------------

Last but not least, the best Featherweight CB open space combo:

33K > K > BND 4H+K > K > 4K > BND 6H+KK
Woohah! Great findings! :D I will update the first post. ;) Please tell us the damage of the juggles. :) Just count the damage points inflicted in normal hit from the launcher, so please discard the points inflicted until de CB hit.

Did you verify these juggles work on both feet stances? (open and close ones)

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Woohah! Great findings! :D I will update the first post. ;) Please tell us the damage of the juggles. :) Just count the damage points inflicted in normal hit from the launcher, so please discard the points inflicted until de CB hit.

Did you verify these juggles work on both feet stances? (open and close ones)
I'm on DOA5LR. One sec, I'll give you the damage numbers soon. I can already confirm that these combos work both in open stance and closed stance.

KING JAIMY

Featherweight open space

:3::3::K:, :K:, :4::H+K:, :K:, :4::K:, :6::H+K::K: (NH 72 / CH 86 / HCH 103)

Lightweight open space

:6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K:, :4::K::K:, :6::H+K::K: (NH 67 / CH 81 / HCH 96)

Super Heavyweight open space

:6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K::K::4::K::K:, :8::K::K: (NH 55 / CH 69 / HCH 81)

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
lol if you look again the video you will see i make just one max damage with cb....:)
i show max damage on level 1 - 2 - 3 on some launcher without do cb
but for 4H+K tlc i do the cb to show its the best launcher to use in cb...
but yes its a little implicit :)

Tulkas

Premium Donor
lol if you look again the video you will see i make just one max damage with cb....:)
i show max damage on level 1 - 2 - 3 on some launcher without do cb
but for 4H+K tlc i do the cb to show its the best launcher to use in cb...
but yes its a little implicit :)
lol

I did not undertand your video when I watched it time ago. Please keep in mind we (the readers) are not always as smart as you would like we to be, so most the time we will need you to provide more detailed info, especially regarding what a video is intending to show. I will watch it again to pick up the CB stuff. ;)

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
understand ;) as i say in the description the video show the max damage juggle combo on
- wall combo
- blow out (orbital launcher)
- power launcher
- basics launchers 8K / 9K / H+K TLC / 33K / ...
and of course to show all these juggle combo i go to level 1 / 2 / 3
to go on level 1 i do nothing after the stun starter
to go to level 2 i do 9PP its a easy way but in some situation this STUN can't work for H+K TLC by exemple i use an other set up to fill stun gauge
to go to level 3 i do PPK - P or 3K6K
and of course i choice to show all basics launcher in order and after i sho the best damage launcher H+K TLC and i show the CB...

important information to know ; some juggle combo work only with JF execution (Just Frame) an in special stance...

the goal of this video its to show to all rig player the max damage juggle combo to know on heavy weight, its the result of my search... i hope rig player earn time when they train rig because they dont need to search juggle combo, just need to write juggle in the video...

these launcher are the most use launcher but they exist lot of launcher for rig..
when i did this video i hesitate to write on the video
8K LVL 1
8K LVL 2 etc in all combo but i think if they are rig player they can see this ?
king jamy did you understand this video ?

for the wall combo i show H+K TLC to start the wall combo
i think you know that but H+K TLC its the best starter to do a wall combo (but its also very slow !!)
because the recovery of this moves are 13F so you can do the JUGGLE very fast after you hit the opponent.
if you want start a wall combo with 6H+K TLC you cant do the same combo, because the recovery change : 13F - 29F So you cannot do the same wall combo with this other moves...

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Super Heavyweight open space

:6::P+K:, :H+K:, :K::K::4::K::K:, :8::K::K: (NH 55 / CH 69 / HCH 81)
Hey @MATSUKAZE and King, I am confused. I was about to update the first post with the findings you both found but then I noticed the currently posted max for Heavies states:

:6::P+K:, :H+K:, :9::P:, :K:, :6::H+K::K: 57 (NH)

So, 57 wins against 55... Why do you both say the one for 55 is max? I guess there is something I'm not noticing, possibly an error the inicial data posted...

KING JAIMY

Hey @MATSUKAZE and King, I am confused. I was about to update the first post with the findings you both found but then I noticed the currently posted max for Heavies states:

:6::P+K:, :H+K:, :9::P:, :K:, :6::H+K::K: 57 (NH)

So, 57 wins against 55... Why do you both say the one for 55 is max? I guess there is something I'm not noticing, possibly an error the inicial data posted...
I know that your original combo is more damaging on NH, but my/Matsukaze's combo is more damaging on Counter Hit and Hi-Counter Hit. As I said in a previous post:

KING JAIMY

Guys, I have found an even better combo for Super Heavyweights in open space. The combo seems to be more damaging on all hit levels. However, it is very difficult to perform and needs to be executed with frame perfect timing. I used the following CB setup: :8::P:, :9::P:, :4::K:, BS :P+K:

Afterwards, I perform the following combo:

:6::P+K:, TLC :H+K:, :K:, :4::K:, BS :6::H+K::K:

Disregarding the damage dealt by the Critical Burst setup, the raw damage values of this combo are as follows:

- Normal Hit: 59
- Counter Hit: 70
- Hi-Counter Hit: 83

Note that this combo is much easier to perform on Critical Stun Level 3, as opposed to from a Critical Burst. For example, this combo is much more consistent:

(Counter Hit) :6::K::K::4:, TLC :P:, :P::P::4:, TLC :H+K:, :K:, :4::K:, BS :6::H+K::K:

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD