Rig changes in DOA5U

Zeo

Jaeger was the Rig player that went to SJ, he should post here soon enough.

Jaeger

well he has a new bound type move, i think it was 236 h and k. i had no idea how to follow up that instant. thats all i saw off the top of my head... its slow so it looks like he should be at advantage maybe plus one or even two...i went through his combo challenge thing and it had me do his 236k(dragon kick.) into 8k from bending and it looked almost guaranteed idk . OH and thank god he still has all his feints. phew.
Also he has a mid punch follow up from his 1p. this is great because in 5 that crush is negative 3 on hit...

Last edited:

Jaeger

Thanks...its good to see ppl taking an interest in rig for once. His forums have been dead for like a year lol

TRI Mike

Yeah I didn't pay much attention to him at first either but he's proven to be quite amazing. His SDS, frame traps, juggle potential and overall moves made me stay with him.

KwonJigglypuff

Wow, watching that match against Helena was very entertaining. Love your combos.

So... TN isn't even trying to promote Rig in DOA5U. I haven't spot a lot of new things.

Darth Lotonic X

There aren't that many Rig players out there. I think I've run into one good player that mains Rig (Jaeger) and maybe 3 others (Including myself) that can even use him.

On topic, I don't remember where but I saw 7P do a bound effect. Presumably, the bending stance version will do this as well. This is undoubtedly a nerf because it removes a sit-down stun, and it could be potentially worthless outside of tag.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
There aren't that many Rig players out there. I think I've run into one good player that mains Rig (Jaeger) and maybe 3 others (Including myself) that can even use him.

On topic, I don't remember where but I saw 7P do a bound effect. Presumably, the bending stance version will do this as well. This is undoubtedly a nerf because it removes a sit-down stun, and it could be potentially worthless outside of tag.

I think that leaves 7K/Flamingo K and 66K/Flamingo 6K as his Sit-down stuns now and they're both on crouching or on CH only. I'm sure as not that happy with that, but he still has two sit-down stuns (kind of a shame since they're both mid-K and it can hurt his mix-up options) and you can still probably get a 8KK or something similar from the new bound.

Red Reaper

So there are Rig players... lol.

I remember I started posting here a while back when I was starting to play this game (stopped when Injustice kame out) and there wasn't much of anyone.

Einzelkind

I didn't use him much in 5 and only started to pick him up now, so I'm not sure about most changes, but I did notice that they reduced the advantage from his throw out of bending stance from +10 to +9.

TRI Mike

He lost 1 frame of advantage in all his high kick enders. So now 9-framers can interrupt him, laaaaame. He got a :4::K::K: string in Bending for people who crouched the :K::K:/:H+P: mix-up, so that's nice. Most of his combos do less damage than in vanilla.

:6::6::K: and :7::K: are still godlike SDS

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD