Rikuto is the Dead or Alive 5 Launch Tournament Champion!

Deftly navigating an incredibly challenging gauntlet of high-level Dead or Alive veterans, Rikuto has taken the top spot and been crowned the Dead or Alive 5 launch tournament champion! Put on by the IGN Pro League with backing from Tecmo Koei, the invitational tournament featured an incredible amount of high-level play from all of the competitors, including MASTER, Black Mamba, Vanessa, Chosen1, and of course Rikuto himself. The Grand Finals between Rikuto and MASTER is embedded below and you can view the rest of the matches on IPL's YouTube page. The full tournament is in the Archive link below. Congratulations again to Rikuto and everyone else who came out!​
Rikuto.png

First place: Rikuto $7,500
Second place: MASTER $2,000
Third place: Black Mamba $500

Grand Finals:

Archive: IPL

Holy crap! RIKUTOOOO! The new Bayman really set you where you needed to be! This is so exciting to me...can't wait to start playing you!

I just finished watching the stream and honestly the tournament was really entertaining plus the overall level was amazing.I really was impressed by Chosen1 and Black Mamba's characters.Good way to rep your favorite one.

But all i have to say is ....Just nerf Rikuto already....

Daaaaaam, this is some good knews to log in to! Congrats Rikuto, I knew you had it in you! :) Everyone, say hello to the new DOA superstar!

I just finished watching the stream and honestly the tournament was really entertaining plus the overall level was amazing.I really was impressed by Chosen1 and Black Mamba's characters.Good way to rep your favorite one.

This is good news that these guys are proving that Brad and Helena are viable even being low tier. The shortest the difference between tiers the better.

This is good news that these guys are proving that Brad and Helena are viable even being low tier. The shortest the difference between tiers the better.
I see that they are lacking tools compared to some charcters just like Drdogg stated but apparently with knowledge and dedication it's possible to win.But in the long run this could change Helena and Brad always had the "i don't know how to fight them" factor and they may become too easy to read later.

But who knows even though i am against patches ,TN may consider to tweak them a little to make them more viable.Balance equal to VF5S would be sweet but hard to achieve.I am already happy to see the work TN did.Three different characters in the top 3?I approve.

Don't play at innocence. We all saw you in the background before your matches threatening your competition. MASTER looked like you may have poisoned him too after a round or two. Devious man.

Don't play at innocence. We all saw you in the background before your matches threatening your competition. MASTER looked like you may have poisoned him too after a round or two. Devious man.

I know where you live, sir.

Not that I would dare imply anything.

Congrats Rikuto. Wish I was there to add to the hype(Lol actually knowing me probably would have been trolling in the background silently).7,500 bones is nice. Wouldn't have minded taken both of those lovely ladies back to the pad though. May the fighting game scene never die.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD