Community Rise of Clans

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
In the recent weeks of playing DOA I've noticed something about the community changing. Clans. I refer to these times as the "rise of clans" simply because we're seeing more of them. Why? No one knows, but one thing's for sure it probably will be a short-lived cycle.

Clans can be both good and bad to the community.

What are your thoughts?
YinCrescent Logo Thumb.png

Bushido

Clans seem fun to me, but not something to be taking too seriously unless it's offline. o -o

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
I as the King of Clans commentator think that clans are good on paper, but crap in application. Most clans just want to race to get big name tournament players instead of actually trying to grow themselves. So clans are fun, but not all of them are for the right reasons.

KMB_S-C-K_KING87

I am currently in a clan on Doa5. We chill have fun and try to improve and help each other as a Team. Not here on Doa to become the strongest or to take it over. Not here to start issues or drama. If someone comes in and beats us we do not rage or cry we welcome them. We want to improve and find other cool people who have potential. If we get good cool. Like Blank said above clans like doing that true. But I feel its a waste to try and recruit masters if the people in the clan aren't good enough yet.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Clans kinda rub me the wrong way honestly. I kinda pride myself on doing my own thing and being solitary about my growth. That's not to say that I wont train with someone or help someone out when I can but I think clans are counter intuitive to that.

LunaKage

I've been a part of the BB community for 5 years (lol09er) but before that I played Tekken for about 2 years. In that whole 7 years of playing, I have only just now started hearing about clans, and it seems exclusive to DOA.

The closest thing to clans I can think of are sponserships, or teams, but those are usually reserved for offline tournaments and such, not just random netplayers who just wanna call themselves "Super Cool DOA Rangers Hyper Force"

KingGhidorah

I've been in a few clans already, some fun, others just drama filled. Even managed my own back on DOA 4 (Don't know which version, more than likely 4.1 but I am not entirely certain.) Either way they, to me, are something to pass the time and not something to get all E-sports serious mode about unless offline I suppose.

Clans are essentially a double-edged sword depending on who "Runs the show" so to speak. Some are just plain old toxic, while others positively help better the community etc.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD