RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Tyaren

Standard Donor
its just an early release. all of this stuff people are griping about will be available in a few weeks after launch for free!

Imho that still doesn't make this sham of a business deal on release day alright. They heavily advertized this game with all it has to offer and would have to offer in the coming months and years but completely left out to inform us that most basic game modes are in fact missing on release (and we still don't know if they will come back or not all). People that already bought the game had to find out on their own. Capcom takes 60-70$/€ for an unfinished product that we didn't know was unfinished.

None of the modes mentioned above can replace the most simplest and basic modes of all fighting games: An arcade mode (nothing fancy, just one match against the CPU after the other) and a single player versus CPU mode where the player can customize his matches to his own liking. I really can't grasp how this totally escaped Capcom.

Last edited:

Argentus

*Sigh*

I just freaking explained why it's terrible, having it be released for free later doesn't solve anything about the base package being so barebones. Come on people, you would be harder on any other Fighitng Game Company pulling stunts like this, don't pretend Capcom is exempt because Capcom.
Let's be honest it could be the shittiest game ever but people would still eat it up just because its called street fighter.

But also he was saying it won't matter once that content is released

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Except Capcom's main goal was to get casuals hooked on SFV for the long term. So how is that going to happen with this huge level of light content that makes it like vanilla MvC3/UMvC3?

If anything, they'll stop playing the game and just watch stream tournies again, basically making the casual grab into competitive absolutely pointless.

And again, you highly ignore just how many people will play single player content in a Fighting Game because they want to.
Go back and read some of my other posts. I don't like the light content either.

EDIT: Toned it down.

Last edited:

Radiance

lol anyways...

so who's everyone planning to play? I'm looking forward to Alex, grapple characters seem to be strong in SFV. Also looking at Rashid, Charlie Nash, and M.Bipson

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
*Sigh*

I just freaking explained why it's terrible, having it be released for free later doesn't solve anything about the base package being so barebones. Come on people, you would be harder on any other Fighitng Game Company pulling stunts like this, don't pretend Capcom is exempt because Capcom.

This is my first SF game and I really don't care about anything else they make.i have no loyalty to Capcom but tons of people have reason to hate them. this is after all the same company that allowed DMC and is holding the blue bomber hostage. so before you call somebody out on being a Capcom sympathizer maybe you should question if this much hate is even justified based on their CURRENT actions.

i dont really mind because of three things
A) i believe they will add all this in later

B) its not costing me any extra

C) the most important aspects are there

also the Vs CPU mode is an option in training mode so we're missing some arcade but we have a game thats 95% percent done. people are blowing this way out of proportion.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
lol anyways...

so who's everyone planning to play? I'm looking forward to Alex, grapple characters seem to be strong in SFV. Also looking at Rashid, Charlie Nash, and M.Bipson

Well, to not just always whine in here:

I would've played with Ryu. Lame, I know... ;) But he's great for newcomers and gamers re-entering the series after a long time like me. Also he's a gaming icon and thus super cool, especially in the preorder costume I would've gotten from Gamestop:

original.jpg

Isn't he the most badass "Ryu" in any video game?
(@CyberEvil ;P)

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
lol anyways...

i saw he was planned to originally have a ground throw so im crossing my fingers that. the more throws the better in my Bible book

I would've played with Ryu. lame, I know... ;) But he's great for newcomers and gamers re-entering the series after a long time like me. Also he's a gaming icon and thus super cool, especially in the preorder costume I would've gotten from Gamestop:

View attachment 18971

(@CyberEvil ;P)

hell id probably play him if i could get my hands on that costume.

Argentus

lol anyways...

As Alex is the only street fighter character I've ever legitimately enjoyed using, I can't wait for him.

Also wish Juni was playable.

Other than that I have no concerns

Keylay

I would've played with Ryu. Lame, I know... ;) But he's great for newcomers and gamers re-entering the series after a long time like me. Also he's a gaming icon and thus super cool, especially in the preorder costume I would've gotten from Gamestop:

View attachment 18971

(@CyberEvil ;P)

That costume is the only reason I want to use Ryu haha

Argentus

So you are buying the game?

Eventually.

But on the now what's with Juni's redesign?

I'm both happy she's now the second Doll to be freed but also disappointed she wasn't made playable because of it.

But beyond that why did she go from redhead to blonde?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
If anyone will have the chun li preorder costume code I will gladly trade my Ryu code I will be getting. Just saying.

id love to, but PSN doesn't give out codes its just an automatic process.

looks like they're a bit more ambitous for single player than we thought.

Wrapping all previous Street Fighter titles together, possible we'll see other story mode expansions

Capcom is attempting to combine the plots of all of the previous six Street Fighter titles into one game. The numbered entries 1-5, and the Alpha games as well.

"With Street Fighter 5, the concept that we're trying to accomplish is to wrap everything together — all six titles of Street Fighter together — cohesively," Ono said.

We also might see additional story modes for Street Fighter 5, if there's enough demand from the community.

"There's a possibility of that; we don't have anything planned just yet as we're just working on the first expansion, which is already very ambitious," said Capcom's Matt Dahlgren.

"But time will tell, if there's a lot of fan demand for things. There could be a likelihood in the long-term," he concluded.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I will gladly trade my Ryu code I will be getting.

Stoning_o_141527.gif

Eventually.

But on the now what's with Juni's redesign?

I'm both happy she's now the second Doll to be freed but also disappointed she wasn't made playable because of it.

But beyond that why did she go from redhead to blonde?

I don't think the chances are high for Juni to join the roster. Decapre was already teased in the story trailer and seems to be important to the story. If a doll comes next year, it's very likely her.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Think of it as a $60 beta.

What's to say it will be fixed? What's the incentive if they already have your money? It's like some people are happy to pay $60 to participate in a beta but recognize that it is a beta.

This isn't a beta.

their entire plan hinges on customers continuously playing their game so they can tempt them with optional DLC purchases. The way TF2, DOTA, and all the other F2P games have accomplished that is by constantly supporting it.

I don't know why I'm people are so goddam cynical about this plan that's been proven to work. this isn't a scam it's a logical business model.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD