RISE UP! Street Fighter V on PS4 and PC

Xhominid The Demon Within

Also lol at 2000 wins online, not battles but wins. I don't even have that many for doa and I've been playing that for a year now.

People say the daily challenges and and other single player content will alleviate the tension...but I honestly don't believe that because it can easily be some dumbass set of challenges for 1K each...

Niitris

What single player? :^)

So you need 100,000 pts to unlock a character and yet an online win (not even match) is 50 pts, hah. I thought this game was mutilplayer focused, did I miss something?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
people have pretty much already gotten enough FM to buy all 6 characters when they come out.

Oh, and how did amassing 12.000 wins work when the online didn't even work 80% of the time in the last two launch days?

Russian, seriously, can you stop playing down the pile of BS this game is so far? Go in any international forum, go to Twitter, go to Facebook, go to Youtube. People all over the world are by now fuming and advising people to not buy this game.

By the way, do you got the game?

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
people have pretty much already gotten enough FM to buy all 6 characters when they come out.
You get 160k FM by the time you beat the story with all characters if you go straight into it. Character can get up to level 8 and you can get 2000FM per cleared story (1000FM per level).

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Oh, and how did amassing 12.000 wins work when the online didn't even work 80% of the time in the last two launch days?
Russian, seriously can you stop playing down the pile of BS this game is so far? Go in any international forum, go to Twitter, go to Facebook, go to Youtube. People all over the world are by now fuming and advising people not to buy this game.

By the way, do you got the game?

they did so by using single player content. you can apparently get quite a lot just that way.

i wouldn't either in fact i didn't think anyone who wasn't prepared to trust Capcom should have since thats entirely what this is based off, but a lot of people didn't do their homework and now they're stuck with a game thats unsatisfactory for them.

am i disappointed that there is no aracde?
yes, but i also believe they'll patch one in later since its likely easy to make and so "requested"

am i worried that fight money will be hard to get?
yes, but i consider it better than the alternative in the long run

am i annoyed that online is busted?
yes, but i know its temporary and i have a lot of patience. at most it will probably be a week.

i have many of the same complaints many people do, the difference is im very patient and i believe customers should take some personal responsibility in their purchases by staying updated and informed. if you dont like how a product is turning then dont buy it, then you'll have nothing to complain about.

Xhominid The Demon Within

You forget people did that by grinding the hell out of Story and Survival and leveling every character. You are also forgetting that there is going to be a Season 2 Character Pack AND Costumes that can easily come in during each of those new characters as well...

You gotta look at all the variables. And don't you still have to WIN to level?

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
You forget people did that by grinding the hell out of Story and Survival and leveling every character. You are also forgetting that there is going to be a Season 2 Character Pack AND Costumes that can easily come in during each of those new characters as well...

You gotta look at all the variables. And don't you still have to WIN to level?

they did that in a busted ass online game in just two days though.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
online is working for me now, i got into a weird situation where a Ryu player was purposely letting me reflect his hadokens so he could practice parrying them when i shot them back.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
By the way, how is it possible that hardly anywhere the very ugly and distracting shadow dithering on characters on PS4 is addressed? Is it just my game or PS4 that is broken? This isn't a small thing you can easily overlook. It's right there in your face and in the characters' faces:

(please view in full view)
24762622340_2f5b73a02f_o.png

24964909441_4dcc7da9c6_o.png

It's the ugliest effect I have ever seen in any video game so far and looks more like a graphical error than anything else... :( I hope this is somehow fixable.

SilverForte

Yeah beating all of story mode and doing some survival will get you a good amount of fight money. I'm sitting at 170k right now and have only completed two survival modes with one char so far and all of story. Hoping the trials and challenges give a good amount come march.

synce

Online is finally fixed for good. Getting matches every minute, and starting to get some wins with Mika. All the game needs now is lobbies and it's perfect. If you want to play sometime PM me.

Whether or not the game is a good value with fight money and shit, I think it's ironic discussing that on a DOA site.

Keylay

By the way, how is it possible that hardly anywhere the very ugly and distracting shadow dithering on characters on PS4 is addressed? Is it just my game or PS4 that is broken? This isn't a small thing you can easily overlook. It's right there in your face and in the characters' faces:

(please view in full view)
24762622340_2f5b73a02f_o.png

24964909441_4dcc7da9c6_o.png

It's the ugliest effect I have ever seen in any video game so far and looks more like a graphical error than anything else... :( I hope this is somehow fixable.

I'm having the same issue. It was like that on the beta and apparently people complained so I figured that it would be fixed in release but it wasn't. I play on a 65 inch TV too so it's very noticeable. I've seen others mention it too but it hasn't been brought up that much. The PC version doesn't have this issue from what I've heard.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
this is why i feel the freak outs were unnecessary. if something this basic is missed so badly it can easily be patched in.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...rcade-mode-for-street-fighter-v/#2442c7c8419a

The "freak outs" were perfectly necessary for two reasons that even you should see:

1) There should have been an arcade mode from the very beginning in a full price game that always had an arcade mode. Basically the whole series stems from that very mode.

2) If people wouldn't have freaked out that much Capcom wouldn't be so eager to patch it in soon. As the road map of Street Fighter showed there was no arcade mode planned so far. Now it is coming. Guess why?

People were complaining just as much for a decent CPU in Versus Mode that also always was a part of the series (and that was present in Street Fighter 5 demo stations for shops and conventions). I hope this option comes to the final game soon too. Until that day I will let Capcom know that I sorely miss it. Even if you call that "freaking out".

Last edited:

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
no not "freak outs" i mean actual freak outs. people making a hundred threads flipping out saying Capcom and SFV was finished, calling anyone who didnt agree with them sheep, and wishing for SFV to fail so Capcom would be destroyed.

what i dealt with outside of here was not "criticism" it was insanity.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD