Samurai Spirits/Samurai Shodown

DR2K

This piece of shit made it to Evo and it isn’t even fucking finished lol.

Team Ninja puts all the money the in the world for DOA6 in the competitive scene and Evo picks 2-3 games no one gives a shit about.

If this isn’t the biggest fuck you to the DOA community I don’t know what is.

d3v

This piece of shit made it to Evo and it isn’t even fucking finished lol.

Team Ninja puts all the money the in the world for DOA6 in the competitive scene and Evo picks 2-3 games no one gives a shit about.

If this isn’t the biggest fuck you to the DOA community I don’t know what is.
What a horrible response, almost as bad as the entitled jerks over at the Melee community.

You should be happy for whatever game gets into Evo (or any event) instead of complaining - because there are people who play those games (even SamSho).

Y'all should follow the example of the GG community who is genuinely happy that these games got in despite them not getting in.

DR2K

What a horrible response, almost as bad as the entitled jerks over at the Melee community.

You should be happy for whatever game gets into Evo (or any event) instead of complaining - because there are people who play those games (even SamSho).

Y'all should follow the example of the GG community who is genuinely happy that these games got in despite them not getting in.

Oh fuck off. I don’t know the quality of Sam Sho. I do know that it isn’t finished, has virtually no scene, and hasn’t had a direct sequel in a long time.

The DOA community/series has been put thru test after test, told of they do X they may get Y. Passed every single one mind you. All while getting insulted by the FGC without merit. This year seemed the most reasonable to give it a shot. In fact almost expected all things considered.

Melee and GG were at least given opportunities to grow and be on the center stage.

Maybe the staff at EVO should at least pretend to be consistent in the reasons it continues to exclude a game and just state they have a personal vendetta against the series reputation.

d3v

No scene? Last I checked both SS2 and SS5SP had side tournaments at Evo.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Just noticed the bullshit in this thread. Be decent to each other or you’ll find the door pretty quickly. Don’t care how long you’ve been here or if you think you’re defending DoAs honor or whatever.

Reactions: d3v

Xhominid The Demon Within

https://gematsu.com/2019/03/samurai-shodown-to-be-published-by-athlon-games

Is this game now a banned topic because of the EVO thing? lol. I don't know if the image Gematsu used at the top is an official image of the game, but if it is then the game looks really bad. So far nothing is pulling me in.

I honestly gotta agree that looks freaking AWFUL but I know they will clean it up sooner or later.

Don't get got m'fers.

EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
I honestly feel not so great about the game if it's THAT punishing. A single bad move can result in an instant kill? I'm not sure if that's going to get me into the spirit of the game.

d3v

EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...
I honestly feel not so great about the game if it's THAT punishing. A single bad move can result in an instant kill? I'm not sure if that's going to get me into the spirit of the game.
It's a very specific set of circumstances, Basara with low total health, on top of the Haohmaru player getting a counter hit (+6% damage) while having full stamina and full Rage.

That said, SamSho has always been a more footsies focused fighter with high burst damage off single pokes and counter hits. The idea is that weapons should be scarier and do more damage. The tradeoff here being that, not only is everything minus on block, some even have specific recoil animations when blocked. The result is something more like a 2D Bushido Blade (but with life bars).

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I’m looking forward to it. I’ve never put any time into them but always enjoyed shoto’ing it up in the arcade with some of the characters.

Macca Beam

(feels kinda bad when they wasted a slot on literal who heterochromic waifu that kisses the screen instead of a baller character like ITADAKIMASU tbh)

d3v

Famitsu screenshots, including characters who weren't at PAX.
D3JgZ9sVAAE69JH.jpg

D3JgaDbVYAIDubO.jpg

D3JgaJ_U4AAKcep.jpg

D3JgaSqVsAAsgeS.jpg

Derock

https://gematsu.com/2019/04/samurai...for-arcades-and-winter-2019-for-switch-and-pc

2k yen season pass that covers 4 characters. not as bad as some other games, i guess. looking forward to these more than the revealed 3

those retro models for haohmaru and nakoruru are gonna look incredibly out of place. oh well, good to know you won't miss out on anything good for not buying deluxe

Supposedly, the retro models came from Samurai Shodown 64. I really wanted to try that game because the artwork in-game was top notched.

However, I'm digging the new characters. They do fit in the series. DLC, I expected Rimururu is in because the press confirmed awhile back when they said her and Shiki's name.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD